FORUMS

Wait Times, Are they still 2-3 minutes?

Posted: //
Nov. 9, 2020, 7:45 p.m.

Been gone for 2 years, but really miss this game, are the wait times still long? ?

Nov. 9, 2020, 11:04 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 9, 2020, 11:04 p.m.

On PS4, the wait times for Recruit and Veteran Tier games are about 3-10 minutes. Legendary Tier games can take anywhere from 5-30 minutes. To counter this, do proving grounds. Proving grounds on Recruit Tier will find a game in 30 seconds and auto fill with bots. Proving grounds on Veteran and Legendary tier games takes 1 minute and will auto fill with bots if it finds noone. The only problem with Proving grounds is the enemy team is given 2 more people than you, so it's a 6v8, and your allies will likely be horrendously useless at the beginning. Learning to fight bots, especially with the advantages they gain, can be challenging, but it is worth it to me in order to A) avoid long waits on legendary matches and B ) still get paid.

I know nothing about PC dreadnought. I stopped playing on my laptop.

"Oh, poor poor corvette. You thought you could escape the grasp of my tractor beam."

Hit me up on PS4 if you wanna play some T4 and T5 matches (Gamertag: 'HanBahnDay')

Dec. 7, 2020, 11:23 p.m.

It's 10 o'clock at night central time in US, what I would assume is a prime-time, and I've been in a Veteran queue for 26 minutes already and counting. I feel like this game has jumped the shark. Server problems lately have resulted in people resorting to other games and not returning. I get "purchase failed" about 90% of the time when I try to buy Battle Bonus. I just blew 600 GP getting the camo package only to discover they only render in dock, not in game. (I've submitted bug reports about the latter two things, but no one seems to respond to them)

So, I'm not sure I'm ever gonna earn a T5 ship at this rate. I was one of the very original beta testers back in 2015 and had really high hopes for this game, but I feel like it continues to let me down.

Dec. 8, 2020, 1:32 p.m.

I have never experience this, but I do not doubt your experiences. However, I don't think it's an issue with the game itself. I play tier 4 and 5 games all the time on proving grounds easily, and if I go online, I rarely wait longer than 10 minutes for a game. I have never had a problem buying with GP and everything I do buy doesn't disappoint of fail. Maybe your system just isn't strong enough for the game, or maybe your internet/service provider is weak.

"Oh, poor poor corvette. You thought you could escape the grasp of my tractor beam."

Hit me up on PS4 if you wanna play some T4 and T5 matches (Gamertag: 'HanBahnDay')

Dec. 10, 2020, 12:26 p.m.

I am also getting long wait times. I have been on since the beta.

Dec. 17, 2020, 9:48 a.m.

HanBahnDay#8815 posted (#post-280055) said:

On PS4, the wait times for Recruit and Veteran Tier games are about 3-10 minutes. Legendary Tier games can take anywhere from 5-30 minutes. To counter this, do proving grounds. Proving grounds on Recruit Tier will find a game in 30 seconds and auto fill with bots. Proving grounds on Veteran and Legendary tier games takes 1 minute and will auto fill with bots if it finds noone. The only problem with Proving grounds is the enemy team is given 2 more people than you, so it's a 6v8, and your allies will likely be horrendously useless at the beginning. Learning to fight bots, especially with the advantages they gain, can be challenging, but it is worth it to me in order to A) avoid long waits on legendary matches and B ) still get paid.

I know nothing about PC dreadnought. I stopped playing on my laptop.

I agree with using Proving Grounds and the frustration of them getting 2 extra ships. Why 2? 1 would be bad enough with how bad the ally AI is compared to the enemy AI. But 2 of them? I can literally outpace everyon's K/D by like 15:2 or 18:5 and still lose because the enemy bots are killing all my ally bots at a 3:1 ratio with 2 extra ships worth of kills and not enough deaths.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.