FORUMS

Thinking about uninstalling

Posted: //
Nov. 19, 2016, 2:54 p.m.

975 credits for a loss at first position on my team, having to play a ship I hate, simply because I need to grind 4 T4 ships to get the build I like playing. That leaves me with a gain of 375 credits.

I bought the T4 arty, now I have to play it to get XP. WHO THE F CAME UP WITH THE IDEA TO HAVE ANTI NUKE LASERS ON THIS THING? You know how useless those are?

This just adds up to a bunch of other cr*p this patch has brought. I'm too close to uninstalling right now and I know there's a dozen other people that have already done so if not about to do so.

• Maintenance: GET RID OF IT, NOW.
  • Tiers: GET RID OF IT, NOW.
  • And give some d*mn counters to corvettes.

I might not uninstall right now, but I'm sure as h*ll not going to continue playing in the current state.

• I'm forced to play arty for 4 tiers to get the T4 koschei. You know how much fun this is when more than half of the games are dominated by corvettes?
  • I'm forced to play low tiers to farm credits, do you know how annoying it is to farm low tiers with no modules, no counters, no secondary weapons, no energy and no adrenaline shot filled with people who have no clue what they are doing?
  • I'm forced to play 50+ matches to get a ship on this lower tier
  • I'm forced to grind XP on ships I don't like playing at all

The Graveyard update brought nothing but regression 2.0. I'd rather have 1.1 back and play having fun instead of torturing myself through the grind.

PS the word censor is far too strict.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Nov. 19, 2016, 3:02 p.m.

This was why i f* off Mechwarrior online smile

All to familiar. Was so looking forward to playing this and i get an invite NOW! lol

Nov. 19, 2016, 3:05 p.m.

I will wait until next year. If the devs haven't figured out that this whole system is a huge mistake until then, this game is done for.
Its really sad because I've already build a small community of players here for our multigaming clan, and now its all gone and nobody plays anymore, or very rarely to check if they changed the tier system ^^

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

Nov. 19, 2016, 6:29 p.m.

Anyone#6415 posted (#post-60335)

975 credits for a loss at first position on my team, having to play a ship I hate, simply because I need to grind 4 T4 ships to get the build I like playing. That leaves me with a gain of 375 credits.

I bought the T4 arty, now I have to play it to get XP. WHO THE F CAME UP WITH THE IDEA TO HAVE ANTI NUKE LASERS ON THIS THING? You know how useless those are?

This just adds up to a bunch of other cr*p this patch has brought. I'm too close to uninstalling right now and I know there's a dozen other people that have already done so if not about to do so.

• Maintenance: GET RID OF IT, NOW.
  • Tiers: GET RID OF IT, NOW.
  • And give some d*mn counters to corvettes.

I might not uninstall right now, but I'm sure as h*ll not going to continue playing in the current state.

• I'm forced to play arty for 4 tiers to get the T4 koschei. You know how much fun this is when more than half of the games are dominated by corvettes?
  • I'm forced to play low tiers to farm credits, do you know how annoying it is to farm low tiers with no modules, no counters, no secondary weapons, no energy and no adrenaline shot filled with people who have no clue what they are doing?
  • I'm forced to play 50+ matches to get a ship on this lower tier
  • I'm forced to grind XP on ships I don't like playing at all

The Graveyard update brought nothing but regression 2.0. I'd rather have 1.1 back and play having fun instead of torturing myself through the grind.

PS the word censor is far too strict.

A tier system must be in place... tell me you want to fight what would be considered a basic ship vs that of a ship five times the better quality in armor and weaponry. The tier system is a must to control that kind of mess. That would be like, umm WoT.. putting a light tank against the most advanced heavy tank... not fun and utterly stupid.

Maint system.. also a must.. if you lose a battle... um repair your ship and go out.. lets hope you are more involved that your dmg/involvement will augment the cost to fix your ship.. otherwise hope you don't get targeted or primaried every match.

I think your overall complaint of UNINSTALLING is childish.. Seriously you expect every game you TEST in CLOSED BETA.. is some how suppose to be close to perfect. You sir need a muscle relaxer. If you can't be bothered to undertake the lengthy game development process... ups and downs.. STOP GETTING INTO BETA TESTING... no one cares if you or a handful of people uninstall.. it just demonstrates you don't have the temperament to be an actual tester.

Nov. 19, 2016, 8:46 p.m.

The last Build before this every ship had their own strength and weaknesses but overall none of them where really considered useless. The Grenada may have had better fire rate and dmg with its main cannon but lacked in reload time and speed and was literally a giant fragile gun. The Nox was fast and had 360 degree fire but lacked in HP as well and the weapon wasent as powerful. Every Type rather they where light,medium, or heavy all could stand on the same level and it all came down to modules and briefings to bring out their real potential. It also had oppurtunities for tourneys. This tiers system in the end will make you only care about the highest Tiers and the rest turn into garbage.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Nov. 19, 2016, 9:48 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 19, 2016, 9:52 p.m.

Shocknfunk#5058 posted (#post-60540)

in the end will make you only care about the highest Tiers and the rest turn into garbage.

Everything is about tier 4 and 5.Everything else is just a learning curve.The tiers are here to stay,deal with it people.I am surpsrised that nobody saw that coming..How will you(please express your opinion) foorce people to stay on a f2p model game such as Dreadnought without tiers and grind?

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 19, 2016, 10:12 p.m.

Enjoy the incredibly small community of this system doesn't get reworked. I would never recommend this game if they have the intentions to have full T5s go against brand new players and expect the newcomers to stay and endure the senseless grind and terrible stat buildup just to finally say they had "fun"

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Nov. 19, 2016, 10:17 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 19, 2016, 10:21 p.m.

Shocknfunk#5058 posted (#post-60551)

Enjoy the incredibly small community of this system doesn't get reworked. I would never recommend this game if they have the intentions to have full T5s go against brand new players and expect the newcomers to stay and endure the senseless grind and terrible stat buildup just to finally say they had "fun"

Then mate you completely forget that you are not playing a released version of this game,but a closed beta one.The newcomers should be prepaired when they sign in for a CLOSED BETA game with every bug/problem etc.Unless you want everything to run smoothly before even tested,then of course,we the alpha/beta testers would be redundant.I like though how people who cant agree with everyone else opinion are starting to throw stuff as "enjoy the small community" etc.Hello?Wasnt the community small by design?And while u may say that u will not recommend this game(just cause of those changes,again in beta phase),at least to every known(ofc to me) friend that i suggested Dreadnought,those changes seemed reasonable.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 19, 2016, 11:36 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 21, 2016, 5:42 p.m.

Take a look at fractured space. that game has a tier system in place, but it doesn't force you to grind a ship that you don't like

Nov. 20, 2016, 12:23 a.m.

raaven616#3400 posted (#post-60344)

A tier system must be in place... tell me you want to fight what would be considered a basic ship vs that of a ship five times the better quality in armor and weaponry. The tier system is a must to control that kind of mess. That would be like, umm WoT.. putting a light tank against the most advanced heavy tank... not fun and utterly stupid.

Maint system.. also a must.. if you lose a battle... um repair your ship and go out.. lets hope you are more involved that your dmg/involvement will augment the cost to fix your ship.. otherwise hope you don't get targeted or primaried every match.

I think your overall complaint of UNINSTALLING is childish.. Seriously you expect every game you TEST in CLOSED BETA.. is some how suppose to be close to perfect. You sir need a muscle relaxer. If you can't be bothered to undertake the lengthy game development process... ups and downs.. STOP GETTING INTO BETA TESTING... no one cares if you or a handful of people uninstall.. it just demonstrates you don't have the temperament to be an actual tester.
No, a tier system does not need to be in place. Plenty of games (in fact most) do not use a tier system. I'm not sure if you played before the update, but every ship was fairly balanced, even the ships you obtained in the later levels. Every ship within a class just played a little differently. The light arty played nothing like the heavy arty (just for example), but both competed at a very similar level if played to their strengths.

Maint system is CERTAINLY not a must. WoT uses this as an immersion element, you take your ONE tank into battle, if it gets damaged you have to pay for the repairs before you can take it out again, regardless of whether or not your team won/lost. Dreadnought neither needs the immersion element nor the credit sink. In a match, your ship literally falls apart in a ball of flame, and another one appears out of thin air - immersion busted. And the credit income is already so low in dreadnought that the added money sink punishment to losing a battle isn't necessary.

You sir, should be probably know the definition of a beta. A beta, closed or not, should be feature complete with the goal to make improvement to minor systems and fix bugs. Granted that's more the rule of thumb than it is the law of the land. BUT, that said, the progression 2.0 update completely redesigned the progression, matchmaking, and balancing systems; too much to categorize it under a minor system. And secondly, i would even question the label of a closed beta as there is not really restricted access to the game. Anyone that is willing to spend $10 may play. And the dev's had best care if he and a handful of other people uninstall right now. They're player base is very small at this moment and is likely apart of their most invested/interested market. Even a small handful of people represents a large percentage at this point. And as my last point to your spiteful comments, as a tester in here with us he has every right to give his feedback to the devs and community. I would go so far as to say you don't have the temperament to be a tester if you go around insulting those with opinions that delineate from your own.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.