FORUMS

Thinking about uninstalling

Posted: //
Nov. 24, 2016, 9:58 p.m.

Mekrevan#7370 posted (#post-65835)

and now i have a useless version of the morining star, were is the original one?

If by original,you mean the heavy one before patch,its on Tier 4,so you can just add it to your fleet on veteran and legendary.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 25, 2016, 3:17 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 25, 2016, 3:18 a.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-65618)

SolaceAvatar#6430 posted (#post-65615)

If you think you can force someone to play a boring game

Dreadnought is by far the less boring game i have ever played(even if u are loosing),even with this update.

Nice try. It's not about Dreadnought is boring (for you) or not . It's about FORCING people to play a (free-to-play or any other kind of) game.
Wait a second... are you one of those victims from "Saw" movie strapped to a chair and forced to play Dreadnought because your life depends on it? Well SURPRISE most people here aren't. Sucks to be you smile
And if you think that forcing people is totally fine overall... here's another SURPRISE - slavery is forbidden centuries ago.

RiP Dreadnought. Another great game killed by short-sighted greed :'(

Nov. 25, 2016, 6:04 a.m.

ZOXINIK#0052 posted (#post-66140)

And if you think that forcing people is totally fine overall... here's another SURPRISE - slavery is forbidden centuries ago.

Yeah, playing Dreadnought was no fun back in these times...

http://thatmomentin.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/ben-hur-heston-1.jpg?w=618&h=264&crop=1

Suddenly the sun should shine through the clouds, an eagle should come out of the sky and take maintenance away beyond the horizon never to be seen again...

Nov. 25, 2016, 7:32 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 25, 2016, 7:45 a.m.

Honor Harrington#0691 posted (#post-66298)

ZOXINIK#0052 posted (#post-66140)

Yeah, playing Dreadnought was no fun back in these times...

http://thatmomentin.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/ben-hur-heston-1.jpg?w=618&h=264&crop=1

Really?Both of you?
We could go on for ages like this..Some hate it,some enjoy it,deal with it.But compare a game to slavery?Really?A slave didnt had a choise,you do.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 25, 2016, 10:37 a.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-66299)

We could go on for ages like this..Some hate it,some enjoy it,deal with it.But compare a game to slavery?Really?A slave didnt had a choise,you do.

99.9% of the playerbase hates it, and exactly one person seems to enjoy it. Even if you somehow find this fun, if everyone else chooses to abandon ship, you're not going to have the option to play it.

Nov. 25, 2016, 10:58 a.m.

Really?Both of you?

Odin#5262 posted (#post-60546)
How will you(please express your opinion) foorce people to stay on a f2p model game such as Dreadnought without tiers and grind?

How will you(please express your opinion) "force people to stay on a f2p model game such as Dreadnought" if players do "have a choice"?
You can stimulate, encourage, motivate people (like adding new content and features). But you NEVER start forcing people to suffer extensive grind by hiding existing game content behind it. Best case scenario people will just leave, worst they'll fight back.
It is your slavish logic that you can "force people to stay" by increasing grind and seal clubbing. Stop playing dumb like it was someone else's and deal with it.

RiP Dreadnought. Another great game killed by short-sighted greed :'(

Nov. 25, 2016, 2:33 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 25, 2016, 2:45 p.m.

SolaceAvatar#6430 posted (#post-66310)

99.9% of the playerbase hates it

hahahahahaha
99.9?Dont tell..Have you asked players in between matches in game?

ZOXINIK#0052 posted (#post-66317)

Oh i see,it was the word "force" that triggered you.By "forcing" i mean "keep" players,behind unlocking content,providing you with the illusion of progression.I can state it as many times as u want but before 2.0 the progression was flat and boring.I never said what we have now is ideal for everyone,i just prefer it.

"The First Of His Name"

Nov. 26, 2016, 5:31 a.m.

...Really?A slave didnt had a choise,you do.

Which is the entire point... we choose not to play this grindfest trash any more... and having (much) fewer players is ... NEWSFLASH... BAD for the game.

Get it through your thick white-knight skull... just because you happen to not hate progression 2.0, does not mean that the hundreds of other testers that have stated that they do hate it are wrong.

Anything that drives large numbers of players away, such as the new progression system garbage, is bad for the survival of the game, period, end of story.

My thoughts on Progression 2.0 and how to fix it https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/16035/

Make Dreadnought GREAT again!

Nov. 26, 2016, 6:46 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 26, 2016, 6:49 a.m.

Alex_Rowe#0215 posted (#post-66845)

Which is the entire point... we choose not to play this grindfest trash any more... and having (much) fewer players is ... NEWSFLASH... BAD for the game.

Get it through your thick white-knight skull... just because you happen to not hate progression 2.0, does not mean that the hundreds of other testers that have stated that they do hate it are wrong.

We should remain civil. Odin has his extreme view and does not want to budge from it. There are also who aligned with his views too.

You and me and others too are opposite to Odin. I have also fed back that this grind is not how I imagined to playing game and hate the GP to convert currency mechanics and the crappy maintenance system.

I do feel that the lack of matches springing up does speak volumes which views is held in the majority

Nov. 26, 2016, 5:58 p.m.

Muyadude#4676 posted (#post-66902)
... We should remain civil. Odin has his extreme view and does not want to budge from it. There are also who aligned with his views too.

You and me and others too are opposite to Odin. I have also fed back that this grind is not how I imagined to playing game and hate the GP to convert currency mechanics and the crappy maintenance system.

I do feel that the lack of matches springing up does speak volumes which views is held in the majority

Heh that was me being civil to him, what I'd really like to say to him would be much more rude. White-knights who bury their heads in the sand and constantly defend the indefensible are poison to a game's development because they give the devs who made whatever stupid decision in question (in this case progression 2.0) an argument to themselves and the other developers that it's not really so bad, and "some players like it, so the rest will get used to it eventually"... I've worked with mmo devs before, trust me they'll take any excuse they can find not to change their pet ideas, people like Odin just give them ammunition.

The best, and only real, hope for this entire thing to get scrapped and reverted or replaced with something else completely different is if the testers stand united against the devs and hammer into them just how absurdly horrible an idea progression 2.0 is.

My thoughts on Progression 2.0 and how to fix it https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/16035/

Make Dreadnought GREAT again!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.