Posted: //
Nov. 26, 2016, 7:25 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 26, 2016, 7:26 p.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-66324)

SolaceAvatar#6430 posted (#post-66310)

99.9% of the playerbase hates it

hahahahahaha
99.9?Dont tell..Have you asked players in between matches in game?

All the veteran players hate it, and all the new players that visit the forums hate it. But I'm sure, magically, there's this whole world of happy players that don't bother speaking up. Totally no issues with a complete lack of positive feedback, nope nope. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, and all the problems will just quiiietly go away and the money will start rolling in. I'm sure.

Alex_Rowe#0215 posted (#post-66951)

The best, and only real, hope for this entire thing to get scrapped and reverted or replaced with something else completely different is if the testers stand united against the devs and hammer into them just how absurdly horrible an idea progression 2.0 is.

Nov. 27, 2016, 11:02 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 27, 2016, 11:03 p.m.

Saying that the people on this forum represent the entire DN beta playerbase is a bit presumptuous. Even on discord would not be a accurate way to gauge it. Point is most people that are upset, frustrated will flock to a forum or any others form of communication they can use to reach developers.

We don't have any metrics to go on and see if the amount of complaining amounts to the actual playerbase. However with that said, if people have to sit in the long queue's as they do and then find themself fighting the same people over and over again. Its easy for the playerbase to get the impression things are not going so well.

I too have given up for now, I simply cannot sit in a queue for +10 minutes only to see the same people and trying to progress in the current iteration of the progression tree which takes waaaay to long with these wait times. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the matches and the game when I am in a match. But I think I and maybe others aswell have been a bit spoiled. We have been to the endgame of DN we have seen most modules and know what works well and is fun to play. So having that huge grind wall put up plus the horrific wait times puts me off, some have managed to get pretty far already but I honestly don't have the patience.

However let it be said that even before progression 2.0 was here. People were already complaining about other matters some of them being alpha testers. Some of them have already left because these issues were not addressed for whatever reason. But the amount of complaints back then were noting compared about the amount of people that are now trying to let their voice be heard.

I still hope that the devs will find that middle ground where they can appease a large chunk of the players base while still having the game they want to design. Yes I did say "large chunk" because lets be real there is no way anybody can appease everybody else.

Nov. 28, 2016, 5:10 a.m.

Nataku#3670 posted (#post-67765)
Saying that the people on this forum represent the entire DN beta playerbase is a bit presumptuous. Even on discord would not be a accurate way to gauge it. Point is most people that are upset, frustrated will flock to a forum or any others form of communication they can use to reach developers.

If they aren't posting feedback here on the forum they're not doing their job as a beta tester. The entire point of a closed beta is for the testers to tell the devs what works and what doesn't, what they like and what they don't.

And virtually all the ones that are communicating at the very least strongly dislike most if not all of progression 2.0, so no one is being presumptuous about that.

I too have given up for now, I simply cannot sit in a queue for +10 minutes only to see the same people and trying to progress in the current iteration of the progression tree which takes waaaay to long with these wait times. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the matches and the game when I am in a match. But I think I and maybe others aswell have been a bit spoiled. We have been to the endgame of DN we have seen most modules and know what works well and is fun to play. So having that huge grind wall put up plus the horrific wait times puts me off, some have managed to get pretty far already but I honestly don't have the patience.

The reason why the queues are so long and why you end up playing with the same people is because most of the testers have quit, which is a very bad sign, and a freaking huge flashing neon sign to the devs that the track they're currently on is very very wrong.

And it was never stated that we were playing the 'end game' in Alpha & 1.1, we were playing the game, period. This grind tree garbage is something new they decided to add and has changed the nature of the game completely; 2.0 is not the game Dreadnought was previously advertised that it was going to be.

However let it be said that even before progression 2.0 was here. People were already complaining about other matters some of them being alpha testers. Some of them have already left because these issues were not addressed for whatever reason. But the amount of complaints back then were noting compared about the amount of people that are now trying to let their voice be heard.

Of course people were complaining, the game is a beta, it has bugs, imbalances, bad design decisions... alpha & beta testers are supposed to complain about such things. And the amount of complaints has shot through the roof with progression 2.0 because as I said, it completely changes the nature of the game and took a quite fun game that just needed a little balancing, a bit of touching up in some places, and more content added to be ready to launch; and instead has essentially dumped it back to early Alpha status.

My thoughts on Progression 2.0 and how to fix it https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/16035/

Make Dreadnought GREAT again!

Nov. 29, 2016, 2:37 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 29, 2016, 2:41 p.m.

Alex_Rowe#0215 posted (#post-68583)

And it was never stated that we were playing the 'end game' in Alpha & 1.1, we were playing the game, period. This grind tree garbage is something new they decided to add and has changed the nature of the game completely; 2.0 is not the game Dreadnought was previously advertised that it was going to be.

... amount of complaints has shot through the roof with progression 2.0 because as I said, it completely changes the nature of the game and took a quite fun game that just needed a little balancing, a bit of touching up in some places, and more content added to be ready to launch; and instead has essentially dumped it back to early Alpha status.
That is exactly what I told the dear CS-agent when I was asking for a refund,something around 130€...
Well,they invoked their refund policy and Terms of Service bla bla....
In short, I told them that promoting Game A (and selling it), which turns out to be Game B is malicious deception, and hence not bound to any contract or policy.
I was told to contact the legal department (no time for that right now).

(If there is interest I can post the whole dialog. )

So, dont expect anything from these guys as they know they have to guard their money as the ship is already lost.

Nov. 29, 2016, 2:44 p.m.

... amount of complaints has shot through the roof with progression 2.0 because as I said, it completely changes the nature of the game and took a quite fun game that just needed a little balancing, a bit of touching up in some places, and more content added to be ready to launch; and instead has essentially dumped it back to early Alpha status.
That is exactly what I told the dear CS-agent when I was asking for a refund,something around 130€...
In short, I told them that promoting Game A (and selling it), which turns out to be Game B is malicious deception, and hence not bound to any contract or policy.

So, dont expect anything from these guys as they know they have to guard their money as the ship is already lost.

Nov. 29, 2016, 2:46 p.m.

Nov. 29, 2016, 9 p.m.

Just a thought here but does anyone remember the surveys? Back when the servers only came online for a few hours or days at a time we used to get a survey after each session with questions about what worked and what didn't. Reading through the forums it's clear that there are strong feelings about the new progression but nobody seems certain how many players actually feel good or bad about it. Why not run another email survey and get an idea how the community really feels? This might even catch up with people that have left the game.

Nov. 29, 2016, 9:16 p.m.

Seriously thinking about going over to play EVE...

Nov. 29, 2016, 10:07 p.m.

Bulzeye#7367 posted (#post-70241)

Seriously thinking about going over to play EVE...

Check out Cloud Pirates. Gunna give that a spin when payday comes around

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Nov. 30, 2016, 6 a.m.

Updated //
Nov. 30, 2016, 6:01 a.m.

<

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.