FORUMS

Thinking about uninstalling

Posted: //
Nov. 30, 2016, 8:22 a.m.

I can't say I find a lot to disagree with here; good points, but keeping it clean will have a better effect.

Nov. 30, 2016, 3:26 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 30, 2016, 3:26 p.m.

Tbh I just uninstalled the game and wont be coming back until they move away from this method of monetization.

I was hoping that a dev response to the issues would restore my confidence but they doubled down on a system nobody enjoys because they want the game to be a financial success not realizing the best way to make a game a financial success is to deliver a fantastic game experience. They did deliver a fantastic game experience and then cut it's wings, beat it into the dirt and locked all the good parts behind paywalls and grind walls.

I'll be checking the forums once a month but I'm not hopeful.

Nov. 30, 2016, 4:45 p.m.

PotatoMcWhiskey#1536 posted (#post-71434)

Tbh I just uninstalled the game and wont be coming back until they move away from this method of monetization.

I was hoping that a dev response to the issues would restore my confidence but they doubled down on a system nobody enjoys because they want the game to be a financial success not realizing the best way to make a game a financial success is to deliver a fantastic game experience. They did deliver a fantastic game experience and then cut it's wings, beat it into the dirt and locked all the good parts behind paywalls and grind walls.

I'll be checking the forums once a month but I'm not hopeful.

Just uninstalled, too, for exactly the same reasons. Nothing more to say, nothing more to do.

Suddenly the sun should shine through the clouds, an eagle should come out of the sky and take maintenance away beyond the horizon never to be seen again...

Nov. 30, 2016, 5:54 p.m.

Yay for statistics!

You can use a small "sample" of a group to get an APPROXIMATION of the wider community's perspectives on things.

Devs have the numbers, I'm sure they can do the math:

Total number of active players before release of 2.0
Total number of players continuing activity 1 week after release of 2.0
Total number of players still around in-game now

Look at where those numbers are going. While we don't have those numbers publicly visible, the devs HAVE openly admitted that a large portion of the matchmaking/queue time issue is a lack of playerbase. They have directly confirmed that people are quitting the game over progression 2.0 not working.

Their proposed solution was, of course, to let the playerbase they ALREADY HAD abandon them, and to try and bring in new waves of players by sending out lots of codes. Pile more new people onto the junkheap they've turned the game into, then act like it's working when the player numbers spike slightly (before dropping away rapidly) every time a new wave of codes goes out.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 1, 2016, midnight

Hey now Oblivion. Maybe theres MORE people playing now and you just don't know it!?
And so their like, we have more people playing! That means were doing good!
But oh noes matchmaking bugs are causing them all to wait an hour to play!
I mean... maybe? Right lol.
Perhaps I'm just SO uniquely skilled at this game that the matchmaking system can only fit me into a pool of 20 players and I can only play games with them while the other 400+ people play games with each other.
Or yes theres like no one playing and thats why I fight a pool of about 20ish players every game. Seeing the same few faces swap between teams. Because thats all that is online!

Also, I'm curious Odin. Why do you like 2.0 more than what we played before? How is it better to you?

Dec. 1, 2016, 1:48 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 1, 2016, 1:55 a.m.

Cosmic_Force#6851 posted (#post-71657)

Hey now Oblivion. Maybe theres MORE people playing now and you just don't know it!?

The problem with your theory here is that the "playerbase has shrunk significantly since 2.0 dropped" part wasn't just an assumption or something I made up. It's been confirmed by the developers, and they've cited it as a reason for the long queue times. There have been issues with the matchmaking itself as well, but lack of players because of the update was directly confirmed by the devs as a contributing factor.

EDIT: I think this is also worth mentioning, re: Odin liking the game "more than what we had before"

Odin#5262 posted (#post-65618)

SolaceAvatar#6430 posted (#post-65615)

If you think you can force someone to play a boring game

Dreadnought is by far the less boring game i have ever played(even if u are loosing),even with this update.

That says "EVEN with this update" (emphasis added). Not "especially". Not "only". Not "it becamse less boring with this update". The comment Odin made was NOT a claim that 2.0 is an improvement. He's defending the core gameplay as still being fun IN SPITE OF this build being a bad move. He is openly saying that pre-2.0 was better, but that the game is still good.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 1, 2016, 2:45 a.m.

I personally, don't have a problem with Tiers. It's just the harsh penalties of losing a game for whatever reason (someone quitting and your team being outgunned, other team has more skill and team playing, internet connection disconnects you etc.) and with so few people playing you might actually be stuck with literally the same team for 5 games against the same winning team.

There is no gain moneywise and it literally just feels like a waste of time. I would play the game more as it is if I could actually advance into higher tiers.

I do work at days and take care of kids after that. If I play the game from 9pm to 1am and have gained roughly a 1k-1.5k credits (even with Elite account), then I'll just grab my stuff and spend my free time somewhere else.

Dec. 1, 2016, 10:10 p.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-71884)

Cosmic_Force#6851 posted (#post-71657)

The problem with your theory here is that the "playerbase has shrunk significantly since 2.0 dropped" part wasn't just an assumption or something I made up. It's been confirmed by the developers, and they've cited it as a reason for the long queue times. There have been issues with the matchmaking itself as well, but lack of players because of the update was directly confirmed by the devs as a contributing factor.

EDIT: I think this is also worth mentioning, re: Odin liking the game "more than what we had before"

Odin#5262 posted (#post-65618)

SolaceAvatar#6430 posted (#post-65615)

If you think you can force someone to play a boring game

Dreadnought is by far the less boring game i have ever played(even if u are loosing),even with this update.

That says "EVEN with this update" (emphasis added). Not "especially". Not "only". Not "it becamse less boring with this update". The comment Odin made was NOT a claim that 2.0 is an improvement. He's defending the core gameplay as still being fun IN SPITE OF this build being a bad move. He is openly saying that pre-2.0 was better, but that the game is still good.

There was lots of sarcasm in my post.
I'm just trying to give the devs the benefit of the doubt! Since they seem to be sticking to this new method for whatever strange reason. I mean I get like, not abruptly changing things up back and forth to quick. But it seems like they kinda killed there own game with the last patch o.O?

Blackloch#2323 posted (#post-72287)

I personally, don't have a problem with Tiers. It's just the harsh penalties of losing a game for whatever reason (someone quitting and your team being outgunned, other team has more skill and team playing, internet connection disconnects you etc.) and with so few people playing you might actually be stuck with literally the same team for 5 games against the same winning team.

There is no gain moneywise and it literally just feels like a waste of time. I would play the game more as it is if I could actually advance into higher tiers.

I do work at days and take care of kids after that. If I play the game from 9pm to 1am and have gained roughly a 1k-1.5k credits (even with Elite account), then I'll just grab my stuff and spend my free time somewhere else.

You don't have a problem with the tiers? How so? Isn't having someone quit and making it 7v8 and thus being "outgunned" the same as sending t3s and t2s to battle t4s and maybe some day t5s? I think the power differences between ship tiers are immense. I usually just laugh at t2s that try to kill me and I'm only a t3! And there suuuper easy to kill if I 'feel like it', which is.. kinda funny in itself.

Dec. 2, 2016, 2:59 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 2, 2016, 3:03 a.m.

Hello,

I came back to see how the game was doing, after 7 months.

Well, it seems that even if some things have changed during that time, the core complains of the community are still the same.
I mean... I installed the game again and launched it, I still can't rebind the [1][2][3][4] keys to [&][é]["]['] (AZERTY configuration) without having to quit the game and edit a .ini file. Corvettes are still a major complain people have (it was the same 7 months ago). The grind is a big subject. P2W too, etc.

In short, it seems that even after 7 months, nothing has really changed that much. At least, improvements are quite rare. It's even the opposite for certain things which got worse (hi maintenance costs! Probably one of the most horrifically game designed feature I have ever see in terms of punishing players (giving a very bad feeling in return)).

Oh well.

I'll probably play a game or two and then uninstall again for all the reasons stated in this thread.

See you in 7 months.
Or not. Which is more likely.

Edit: At least the forum spam bots seems to have some fun.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.