FORUMS

Feedback of a casual DN Player on Progression 2.0

Posted: //
Nov. 28, 2016, 5:24 p.m.

This is probably going to take a while, so please bear with me (and eventually some gramatical errors, sorry for that in advance)

Playing the first couple of Games in the T1 Ships felt like alot of fun.
Even when you had to face some T2 Ships right at the beginning, they didnt feel all too powerfull.
T4 have been an issue back then, but this issue is resolved by now.

The Research towards your first T2 Ships felt very fast, only needed like a couple of games with the T1 Ship and you are done.
Nobody did buy any Parts for the T1 though because why should they, if they could "ascend" rather quickly into the T2, which pay off alot more.

Then the "Grind" towards your first T3 Ship starts, and this is where you start to feel a big difference.
Suddenly it takes alot more Research XP and Credits, which you partially spent into your T2 Ships because you believe those are the best ones in Recruit Fleet...
Until you have to suddenly face off some T3/4 Veteran Fleet users, if you have no T1 on your Recruit Fleet.

Matchmaking aside, i finally achieved myself purchasing 2 T3 Ships, it somewhat felt great, but it was also a tough decision to make, since they are somewhat expensive at the first look, but still manageable.

And this is when i suddenly realized... T3 are somewhat similar to T1, probably noone goes full-research on these Ships.
Everyone is trying to advance towards T4 Ships as quickly as possible, even if it means farming Credits in Recruit Fleet Battles.
The overall average Credit Reward isnt any different between Recruit and Veteran, so why would you want to risk Maintenance Cost, which eventually takes almost all your earnings, when you just grind up your Credits without such risk?

Also, which is probably my main criteria currently, is the fact that players falling behind the "top geared" players are in a very big disadvantage.
Simply because the casual one may just have entered the Veteran fleet, while the other players had alot more time to grind up to their max-custom-loadout T4 Ship they desired.

Dont get me wrong here, it certainly is a big achievement once you have a T4 Ship equipped with all the gimmicks you want.

But having to face off Level 35+, sometimes even maxed Lv50s as a Lv15 certainly doesnt feel fun.
This may mostly be caused because there are only that many Players queuing up in Veteran Fleets.

Another issue is the fact that Levels are impossible to read, a new player would not know what this fancy icon with tripple-X next to some players Name would stand for.
I only know roughly what it means because there was some sort of List displaying all Icons for each Level on the old progression.

That should be pretty much everything i have to say.
The gameplay itself is amazing, but the progression is at some points very rough and unforgiving.

Nov. 28, 2016, 6:19 p.m.

Yep there is plenty of hate for 2.0 going around, the current tier system + maintenance being at the center. Whereas after 1.0 the focus could have been on expanding ship possibilities +customization + maps + cosmetic options ; devs took a huge step back and made a lame copy of a progression system found elsewhere. The result definitely takes away from the positive player experience.

Unlocking all ships and modules should not be the endgame, it should mark the point where the game truly begins.

Nov. 28, 2016, 6:52 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 28, 2016, 6:53 p.m.

I think you discovered the same issue a lot of us have. T3 is sort of a dead tier. You are better to just play T1/T2 until you can skip over it and go right to T4.

I decked out an entire fleet of T2 ships, since I expect to be playing T1/T2 for a long time. I'm about 320+ games in, have one T4 unlocked and geared up (I did spend some GP to get Elite and Convert some XP to global). I'm working on a second T4 now. No desire to get T5 till there a lot more players.

I really don't mind playing T1/T2, I wish they'd expand out the modules there a tiny bit for new players, and find a way to make it worth playing T3.

Nov. 28, 2016, 6:57 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 28, 2016, 6:59 p.m.

I definatly agree on the maintenance issue I don't feel you should be penalized twice if you loose a match I mean you are allready earning less and to add insult to injury they slap a maintenance fee on you. If there is going to be ship maintenance than it needs to be for everyone not just the losing team becouse in reality every ship gets damaged so for me I just totally avoid vet matches untill I have an excess of credits then I will pay it. That's why I posted in another thread that we should be able to convert gold into credits If nothing else just to pay this fee .

Nov. 29, 2016, 1:07 p.m.

I forgot to mention the Issues with Contracts.
They are not accomplishable due to either beeing bugged or just impossible 90% of the times.

I mean, how does the Contract expect me to destroy enemy Dreadnoughts with any Ram-Module, when i dont even own a Destroyer with such module researchable?
Or how am i supposed to destroy enemy Corvettes with a Valcour, when i just unlocked the T2 Version of it?
It doesnt even count if you destroy enemies with the T2 though, it HAS to be the T4.
Even better are those Contracts that say "use any amplifier x times"
That one doesnt work entirely with any amplifiers, except for one maybe, which i havent figured out...

Not to mention the ridiculous underpriced Rewards they give as they are currently only resetting daily, not as previously every couple matches you play.
Seriously 1.000 Credits for an almost impossible task is so low, that i just play 2 Matches in my favorite Ship and earn the Credits this way.

Either simplify the Contracts and make them more frequent,
or increase the Rewards drasticly, id say at least 10-fold, so its actually worth grabbing the 4th Contract with Elite Status.

Nov. 29, 2016, 1:14 p.m.

I can't tell if contracts even work. Half of them don't seem to count when I do them, like "Win a Battle", "Use an Armor Module".

The ones that I do complete don't seem to update my Credits. The whole U.I. on these needs improvement. There is strange [!] on them that feels like a button but isn't, that's just confusing. They need more of a celebration when I complete one, and a clear indication that the Credits were rewarded.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.