FORUMS

Dreadnought early impressions

Posted: //
Nov. 30, 2016, 2:52 p.m.

Vigilant#3864 posted (#post-71416)

Player traffic is definitely the late night PST problem. Couple nights in a row we just don't have 16 people online. Most of us are on Discord talking about it each night, and Borg is even Streaming the time sitting in Hangars.

So send out like 200+ invites to people that live in on North American West coast, and Mid Pacific.

What time are you on and which queue. I'm having the same issue with not finding games.

Not sure if I should play primetime PST, or wait until midnight PST to see if europeans are playing early, or try to find time in the afternoon PST for european evening. Wanting to take this t3 aion out of the garage.

Nov. 30, 2016, 3:08 p.m.

Honestly I think that the player base just get out.
Really, back before 1.3, the very maximum I was waiting was around 10min. Really unusual to wait for more, whatever the time of the day.
That mean the player base was here and big enough for dropping you into a game quite quickly.

Now we are here and you wait more than an 1H? What should we think? That there is less than 16 players in the game. I do think that because even if they were 20 players, with statistic, you shouldn't wait that much time. A dread game is around 10-15min. So that mean 6-4 game in an our. If the matchmaking system accept only one new player/game (I really speak about a worst case scenario here), you should drop in into an our.

The only thing that make me thing that you need to wait 3h+ is that there is simply not enough player to launch a game.

Now I admit I didn't experience those waiting, as I have left the game less than 2 week after the 1.3 release. But I do keep an eye on the forum to see if smtg goes out... Like reversing some of the change, or destroying maintenance cost. (Last dev talk made me sigh)

Still w8&c

Best proposal to put 2.0 in the right way. Please hear this guy dev https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/30780/?page=3#post-71653

Nov. 30, 2016, 3:11 p.m.

Updated //
Nov. 30, 2016, 3:12 p.m.

Seems like 5-8PM PST there are few game, probably still have some east coast players on. Then as we get near 9-12 PST it gets very few to no games. Both Recruit and Veteran become dead.

Usually there is a group on the Discord channel chatting about it and trying to co-ordinate Queues, but often we can't get enough logged in.

Weekends seem to be better, with often games going all night. Earlier in the day is also a lot better.

Nov. 30, 2016, 3:19 p.m.

Vigilant#3864 posted (#post-71429)

Seems like 5-8PM PST there are few game, probably still have some east coast players on. Then as we get near 9-12 PST it gets very few to no games. Both Recruit and Veteran become dead.

Usually there is a group on the Discord channel chatting about it and trying to co-ordinate Queues, but often we can't get enough logged in.

Weekends seem to be better, with often games going all night. Earlier in the day is also a lot better.

Thanks. I'll try to get in tonight.

Nov. 30, 2016, 6:15 p.m.

1. Have moderately-sized playerbase.
  2. Divide that playerbase into 3 parts for matchmaking.
  3. Achieve part 2 by also chasing most of your playerbase away.

"I can't understand why the matchmaking is taking you so long"

This game's playerbase was, like any game, a slowly leaking bucket. There's no way to hold onto every single player that joins. But, the devs did have control of the number of invites being sent out for the closed beta. They were able, previously, to mitigate the slow trickle of leaving players with a slow trickle of new people.

Even with the devs having admitted they're actively pushing a LOT of invites out, the community is seeing massive issues with queue times. The game simply DOES NOT WORK in its current state, and nobody wants to play it any more. Reverting to a build that actually held onto players would be a good idea.

Progression 2.0 was like removing the base of the bucket, so it's now a leaky wooden PIPE instead. No matter how fast you pour the water through, it will never hold onto a worthwhile amount. There's a few drops clinging stubbornly to the sides, and maybe some little bits caught in the cracks where the pressure used to flow, but that's all.

I would love it if they EITHER put the old base back in the bucket (un-release the whole of progression 2.0 and try again), or replace it with a new one (release a new update that effectively revokes/discards 2.0 without going backwards). From the dev responses to the issue, I'm not expecting anything like this to happen promptly enough to be worth considering. I'm still hopeful, but it's a very slim hope by this point.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.