FORUMS

Will this be a Steam game or Stand-alone game?

Posted: //
Feb. 16, 2016, 1:45 a.m.

It looks like some of the past game(s) made by this dev are Steam games. What are the plans for Dreadnought?

Feb. 16, 2016, 2:16 p.m.

Here's to hoping I can at least run it through steam with the overlay.

Feb. 16, 2016, 2:34 p.m.

Updated //
Feb. 16, 2016, 2:36 p.m.

I cant understand this "steam" hype..I prefer a stand alone launcher from the same company the game is built.But to answer your question,if i am not mistaken the Devs stated that for now its gonna be stand alone,they dont know in the future though.

"The First Of His Name"

Feb. 16, 2016, 2:37 p.m.

Odinous#5262 posted (#post-16420)

I cant understand this "steam" hype..I prefer a stand alone launcher from the same company the game is built.But to answer your question,i am not mistaken the Devs stated that for now its gonna be stand alone,they dont know in the future though.

Its more for the overlay, friends list, ingame webbrowser access without having to tab//1click discussion board availability.
But mainly the overlay

I do admit I like having the all games in 1 spot thing.. but I'm not trying to force it on anyone else..
Example:
Planetside2

It has a standalone launcher.. but that launcher can be opened via steam, and by doing so, you get the steam overlay while you play...

I believe you can even add wow((Battle.net//World of Warcraft) to steam.

Feb. 16, 2016, 2:48 p.m.

I think Steam takes a 30% cut of all cash shop sales so it seems like it would be in their interest to keep it stand-alone.

Feb. 16, 2016, 2:54 p.m.

Sieges#7051 posted (#post-16422)

I think Steam takes a 30% cut of all cash shop sales so it seems like it would be in their interest to keep it stand-alone.

Planetside2 works around that by having its own ingame cash shop. I assume Dreadnought could as well.

The things you are referring to are things like bundles or items sold through steam.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.