CHOOSE LANGUAGE

General Discussion

A Petition for Change

POSTED //
Dec 04, 2016 at 08:02 AM UTC 

Corran Horn#0411 posted (#post-74654)

Cosmic_Force#6851 posted (#post-74095)

So your okay with the power differences between the tiers?

Yeah it makes sense as long as the way to get through the tiers isn't cumbersome like it is now.

How does the power difference between ships make sense to you?

POSTED //
Dec 04, 2016 at 08:19 AM UTC 

Signed [OP]

Dreadnought was
Dreadnought could be
Dreadnought might
But what is, is Dead for naught.

POSTED //
Dec 04, 2016 at 03:00 PM UTC 

I agreed on all three points; you have my support!

POSTED //
Dec 04, 2016 at 08:47 PM UTC 

I myself agree with Corran's points in his original post.

Now with regards to maintenance and tiers, with how slow xp and credit gains are at the moment, it makes it rather difficult to reach those end tiers to test how much of an impact those fees impose. With how long queue can take outside of prime time hours, even then too, the process takes a lot of time to unlock modules and earn credits for Tier 3 vessel and above. While I spent some gp for a week's worth of elite time to see how much of an improvement it makes towards amassing credits for purchases, it still remains a slow process due to the lack of matches that I could fit in. The drive to play further to earn credits and xp takes a dive when you step into Veteran which has the largest variety of ships from tier 2 through tier 4. The incredible power difference between those tiers makes facing those with flat out better ships before taking into account of their skill level makes it daunting for a closed beta veteran like myself, let alone somebody who has very little experience of this game. The damage output from being up tiered with a lower tier vessel can't even oppose the healing output coming out of the koschei without power to weapons.

But tier power difference and vehicle balance is for another discussion.

I understand that during this beta period the economy(xp, credit costs) are not final and won't be even if it goes live, due to where the game's direction may go or if new features are added which alter the economy. That said though in some games, the beta for an upcoming patch somewhat alters the economy for the sake of being able to test the new content or experience different vehicles which one may not have on their live account. So while we've seen some adjustments towards credit cost, I can see how DN is taking a direction of working from large to small in terms of having an initial cost and adjusting down till finding what is comfortable. On the flip side during the initial start of closed beta, we had a week's period iirc of cost that were only 1 credit for the sake of being able to try everything we could during that time. So I can understand both directions of testing out the progression/ economy.

So far my experience back from having left for a break pre 1.3 shipyard is that I really enjoy the balance in Recruit matches. The vessels are relatively equal, without the multitude of disables (purge/drain abilities) that were available with the more open season type of experience found in pre 1.3 shipyard. I would love to see a T1 or even starting at T2 with more variants of dreadnoughts. We have the zmey variant, but having enjoyed the Invictus before, I was a little disapointed to see it starts at tier 3 which is in a different match making bracket. The latest dev diary did somewhat address this by noting it. I still would prefer to have at least tier 2 variants of all the vessels with limited modules just so new players to the game can experience all of them while in the Recruit bracket, rather than trying them out for the first time in the very different Veteran bracket.

tl:dr: I really love the game's core, which is the fun and engaging gameplay. The economy and grind can definitely be addressed to find a sweet spot. The vehicle balance and tier balance can also be addressed too as those are not concrete since nerfing and buffing through various future patches is not a foreign idea.

POSTED //
Dec 05, 2016 at 03:26 AM UTC 

Cosmic_Force#6851 posted (#post-75484)

Corran Horn#0411 posted (#post-74654)

Cosmic_Force#6851 posted (#post-74095)

So your okay with the power differences between the tiers?

Yeah it makes sense as long as the way to get through the tiers isn't cumbersome like it is now.

How does the power difference between ships make sense to you?

I'm okay with it because if they are going to stick with higher scoring for higher tiers then it works out. Especially if those who have ground through progression have put in the time that they do to get the more powerful stuff.

Discord Moderator
"Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously"
---Lord Griffin
CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

POSTED //
Dec 05, 2016 at 05:30 AM UTC 

I would prefer a clear and unarguable refutation on power tiers. I hate them and they are terrible for a balanced game, especially one that mixes those tiers. However, in light of the massively reduced costs you seem to support I'll throw my name behind this petition.

-Citizen Soldier
-"Do not bring forth an argument that can be disproved with a 10 minute google search."

POSTED //
Dec 05, 2016 at 09:40 AM UTC 

Lincrono#9039 posted (#post-75608)

I would prefer a clear and unarguable refutation on power tiers. I hate them and they are terrible for a balanced game, especially one that mixes those tiers. However, in light of the massively reduced costs you seem to support I'll throw my name behind this petition.

Thank you for your support! Hopefully this petition will at least start getting things headed back in the right direction so we can discuss more about a mutually beneficial system.

Discord Moderator
---Lord Griffin
CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

POSTED //
Dec 05, 2016 at 06:00 PM UTC 

Hello,

my position on the topic is probably well known. But even though it might surprise a few people: I agree with Corran.

By this time any reaction would be an improvement. And we're still waiting. So for what it's worth: You have my sword, fine sir!

Regards,
Imrahil

POSTED //
Dec 05, 2016 at 06:47 PM UTC 

Last Updated //
Dec 05, 2016 at 06:49 PM UTC

I hate every facet of the power tiers but I would come back to the game if we could at least see that the devs are listening to the community and implementing these basic changes. In fact I would consider coming back if the devs would just post something saying that they understand and they are working on the changes we are asking for instead of posting stupid interviews explaining how their vision is what we should want and we are just not understanding how awesome it is.

POSTED //
Dec 05, 2016 at 10:27 PM UTC 

GroundedBarnstormer#1995 posted (#post-75486)

Signed [OP]

Thanks my friend, always a pleasure working with you to make this game better.

Discord Moderator
---Lord Griffin