General Discussion

A Petition for Change

POSTED //
Dec 06, 2016 at 12:36 AM UTC 

Szeron#6174 posted (#post-75507)

I agreed on all three points; you have my support!

Thanks my friend! Hope to see you in game soon, especially if things pick up because of these improvements!

Discord Moderator
"Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously"
---Lord Griffin
CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

POSTED //
Dec 06, 2016 at 06:18 AM UTC 

Baiteman#9250 posted (#post-74926)

As a rather long member of the community which had a vested interest in the prospering of this game I support the changes put forth by Corran.

Change is necessary and desired. On a personal note I'd like to emphasize one of the aforementioned points explicitly, namely the one on ship diversity in the beginning. If the experience is truly about building a fleet rather than multiple variants of one ship, give us the variety we need for this.

Baiteman, you continue to be my best friend in DN. Your support is appreciated as always.

Discord Moderator
"Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously"
---Lord Griffin
CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

POSTED //
Dec 06, 2016 at 07:33 AM UTC 

Signed

Russian fan community: https://vk.com/dreadgame

Anax of the belt

POSTED //
Dec 06, 2016 at 01:45 PM UTC 

I agree on the general movement and also the points being made to better the current situation. (signed)

I but however would like to see a reversion and to adopt a DotA, Rocket League concept to make money of this game and trim it on PvP EA-Sports.

For the weeb in all of us! Anime Skins & Decals!
https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/4472/
DESS! DESS! DESS!

POSTED //
Dec 06, 2016 at 01:47 PM UTC 

LightMonk#8477 posted (#post-75733)

I agree on the general movement and also the points being made to better the current situation. (signed)

I but however would like to see a reversion and to adopt a DotA, Rocket League concept to make money of this game and trim it on PvP EA-Sports.

You and me both smile
I like LoL, I just don't find myself anywhere in their champion pool.

POSTED //
Dec 06, 2016 at 03:50 PM UTC 

Signed

DPT

POSTED //
Dec 06, 2016 at 09:51 PM UTC 

Last Updated //
Dec 06, 2016 at 09:54 PM UTC

Signed simply because I don't want ANOTHER Warthunder/WoT/WoWS/MWO/Armored Warfare/etc. I quit all those games for one reason, I do not, under any circumstances, find grinding "fun"nor "engaging".

POSTED //
Dec 06, 2016 at 11:58 PM UTC 

Sign

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 12:07 AM UTC 

Last Updated //
Dec 07, 2016 at 12:11 AM UTC

On the very first stream where they announced the maintenance cost I was against it and ever since I always asked WHY it needs to be there and WHAT it is supposed to add to the game. It is a frustrating mechanic that is just there to punish players. If it is supposed to be some kind of money sink... reward less money! But money is a problem anyways because everything is so expensive.

And I also agree that forcing players to play certain ships is horrible. I don't like, no - I actually HATE artillery cruisers so why do I have to play them? don't force me to play stuff I don't like. If I want to learn about them, let me do it at my own pace.

Quite some time before progression 2.0 was announced there was a survey asking what I would love to see in the game... I might have been one of the people why this kind of progression system was introduced. I like how World of Warships/Tanks does it but these games have it's flaws... honestly, Dreadnought took the system, took the flaws and added their own flaws on top of it without getting the good stuff on board.

With that said, the "new" ships are basically just reskins with different base stats and other/more modules to chose from while the highest tier is (at least I think so) basically what we had before the big patch... which means we get less for more grind... And even the customization doesn't really feel that great...

My proposal on that is give more customization on the ship-stats! if a player wants to be a glass canon, let him be! Give us points we can freely allocate in certain stats, be it main weapon dmg, "ability upgrade" (more dmg, longer duration, just better effects), speed, agility, armor, energy, heck maybe even the possibility to decide what kind of shield you want: full dmg absorption for high amounts of energy consumption on a dreadnought could be fun? or a partial dmg absorption on a corvette more usefull than full dmg absorption?

Give us freedom! there are already games doing the standard progression out there... make yourself special!

And then the tier system... that thing is a mess. It is in World of Warships/Tanks a mess and even more so in Dreadnought. There are 5 tiers, from each tier to the next is a considerable upgrade in power and then players have to fight against those more powerfull ships? who thought this would be fun? Wargaming said about this issue "we see the issue but don't want to change anything because we want a high ship diversity in matches" - now comming back to my earlier point... they are just "reskins" - there is no diversity anyways so no need match different tiers together. "But then the queue will take so long!", how about incentivizing people to play different tiers/ships. Sure long queues are annoying but fighting a losing battle causes me to rage-quit.

Well, seems like I want a little more than just what OP said so /signed
(even if these are just the bare minimum to get things started)

Make DN great again!

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 12:12 AM UTC 

i agree with this change because all my friends and i stopped playing after the update due to the freedoms we lost with ships.

signed Gishi