General Discussion

A Petition for Change

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 12:29 AM UTC 

Signed

Suddenly the sun should shine through the clouds, an eagle should come out of the sky and take maintenance away beyond the horizon to be never seen again...

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 01:14 AM UTC 

Signed. I guess?

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 01:21 AM UTC 

I agree with the majority of stuff, Maintenance is demoralizing due to how much it increases the Grind.
As well as the argument for forcing players to play through ships they don't like in order to have a diverse fleet fall flat a bit when you then see the grind that forces players TO play a single ship in order to progress and makes it so a player is MORE likely to not switch ships in battle as opposed to encouraging it due to needing to grind XP on that ship.

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 01:53 AM UTC 

Ok, excessive approval and I sign. Is that better Corran?

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 02:01 AM UTC 

Signed.. Armande.

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 02:24 AM UTC 

Signed - for all accounts listed in the original post.

There is a lot of valuable feedback that I've seen listed through these forums, albeit some is buried underneath not so helpful posts. But these are very basic and clearly defined issues that people have with the game and also have clearly defined solutions. I'd love to see this petition come to fruition for the better of the game and community of players both new and old.

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 02:31 AM UTC 

Last Updated //
Dec 07, 2016 at 02:32 AM UTC

I can't in good conscience support any petition which is AT ALL in favour of the continued existence, even if reduced, of maintenance. The only - ONLY - justification the devs have provided for its existence is as a monetisation mechanic. It exists purely to force players to spend money on the game.

The core concept is to negate the game's status as a proper free-to-play game. Monetisation in GOOD free-to-play games should NEVER be handled this way.

In my eyes, this petition attempts to suggest ways to play along with the company line, instead of actually doing what the community not only WANTS, but NEEDS in order to keep coming back.

The devs have been constantly "encouraging" players to give feedback which lines up with the current system, and discouraging people from asking for a reversion to the systems which actually worked. They've been objectively AGAINST the idea of changing from their current course, and are intent on just picking minor tweaks, and that quite simply IS NOT THE SOLUTION HERE.

Supporting that attitude is, in my view, the wrong way to get meaningful change to happen.

---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 03:38 AM UTC 

Signed

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 05:07 AM UTC 

You have my support on this Corran Horn, If this is implemented, I'll play again, but as you said, No one wants to play a game that forces you to be a healer, just to unlock the DPS class.

Signed

RyujinKiryuu

POSTED //
Dec 07, 2016 at 07:16 AM UTC 

signed