FORUMS

A Petition for Change

Posted: //
Dec. 9, 2016, 2:05 p.m.

i agree with the opening statement (havent read much past that yet)

Dec. 9, 2016, 5:08 p.m.

I have a question whether the game will have the Polish language as I come out? if I gave the topic in the wrong place I apologize immediately smile

Dec. 9, 2016, 5:45 p.m.

Anaconda#8087 posted (#post-76665)

I have a question whether the game will have the Polish language as I come out? if I gave the topic in the wrong place I apologize immediately smile

mmmhhh If I were you I would put that somewhere else, yes. In a separated tread.
But no apologies are needed smile

Best proposal to put 2.0 in the right way. Please hear this guy dev https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/30780/?page=3#post-71653

Dec. 9, 2016, 11:40 p.m.

Honor Harrington#0691 posted (#post-75764)

Signed

Thanks man, hope things are well in your life.

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

Dec. 10, 2016, 12:46 a.m.

While I love the Aion classes, I see your point. And I can't emphasize enough the GRIND aspect. The income levels from each match need to be doubled at a minimum. Even with price reductions. Because not all of us can get scores of 5000 plus a game, and we still want to enjoy it. I really want to see a bigger penalty for quitting matches, and less maintenance for sticking with a team even though you lose. On a veteran match with elite I net 100 credits over maintenance costs. At that rate, i will take until Star Citizen comes out to get my first tier 5 ship. (sorry Chris).

Dec. 10, 2016, 3:58 a.m.

Corran Horn#0411 posted (#post-73991)

Dreadnought Community,

It is with heavy heart I seek signatures for this petition to change the game that we all are so interested in and desire to see released successfully. So here are our points of contention with reasoning and suggestions for change. We are all in agreement that with these changes the old players are highly likely to come back and give the game a second chance and new players will be very unlikely to bail quickly.

1. Maintenance needs to be revamped completely, we suggest that the maintenance fee for quitting a match be increased to the current legendary fleet cost and all other maintenance fee's removed.
    1a. Many people in the game are commonly the best player on their team, especially when solo queing. However with the increase in slots it is even more difficult for a good player to carry a team. We feel the current system places way too much confidence in teams ability to coordinate well with each other. It's also not fair to make everyone who is putting in the time to play and give feedback have to endure an excessive grind because of maintenance. Side note; it would be nice to have the functionality of being able to rejoin a match after crashing. We are eager to see this brought back soon.

2. Lack of true freedom in progression needs to become more free, we want a broader selection of classes at the Tier 1 level so we can run the ships we want to run.
    2a. An example: I love my rams, yet to get to the best ships for ramming I have to go through ships that I don't care for in the Oberon tree. Especially the Aions. Players should be able to go back and level up those ships and abilities at their own pace.

3. With maintenance in play the grind is unbearable to get the ships people want, cost should be reduced so that each next Tier costs no more than 300% (for example, overall community feedback provided here should determine the exact numbers) more of the cost of the previous one. Using the current Tier 1 costs as the baseline. So if a Tier 1 costs 164 the Tier 2 should not cost more than 492
    3a. We do not enjoy having to play an insane amount of matches WITH Elite to get to what we want. Especially with how much harder it can be to score high in a match with so many more enemy players to deal with.

These are our arguments for the changes we want, I speak for the signatories when I say they are the barebones items that are ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL to continued interest in the game. Consider our list, for the future of the game is in the balance. Most of Dreadnought's most fervent and active players have already called it quits, and the health of a game can always be determined by how many original supporters and followers you are able to retain by the 1 year release anniversary. I fear more will continue to leave the game if change isn't announced very very soon. Your move.

Total Signatories: 30 (#49)

well you have my axe

Dec. 10, 2016, 5:31 a.m.

Signed.

IMHO its not the only problems within Dreadnought. Developers, please listen to the community! I've joined beta after 2.0 and I can see that the game have got a lot internal technical issues, like packages loss(0 cred\GB points), crushes on some visuals, Alt+Tab crushes in fullscreen, problems with the sound realisation (engine sounds lag sometimes, with fps loss), corrupted tech tree (look for Koschei), non appliable briefings from different tech tree( as devs says, they should be enable to set em on any ship, but it can be installed only in the ships of same manufacturer) and so on. This list could be prolonged, but ALL of this was already mentioned by community, on THIS forum.

I hope, that the incoming update will fix, at least, some of this problems... Oh, almost forgot that the damage model on T5 and T4 Harwich makes everything lags.

Dec. 10, 2016, 2:38 p.m.

signed

Dec. 10, 2016, 4:39 p.m.

I played in one of the earlier betas. Wasn't perfect but was pretty happy with what I saw. See another beta invite in my e-mail and was pretty excited to see what changes there were. Log in and find out they cloned the "World of X" progression system and threw up in my mouth.

You literally could not make a more boring progression system. Everything is just incremental improvements in base stats with new skins on top of it. There's no interesting choices to be made. No interesting strategies. It's all laid out in front you with the endless plains of grinding that await. No thanks I'll find something else to play.

It saddens me to think what this game could have been. There could have been a robust progression/module system within the ships. Imagine a Tac cruiser that mitigates or buffs instead of healing. Imagine being able to choose between a glass cannon or a hulking tank. Just imagine what it would be like to have a large variety of modules to customize your ship to your exact preference. But No, we get +% to base stats. /sigh

I can only hope that the devs listen to our feedback. Otherwise this game will be doa. There's just too many games with identical progression systems. "But we have spaceships!" isn't a compelling enough reason to play.

p.s. WTF is with time to kill being so low? These are massive space juggernauts but they feel like they blow up in a stiff breeze.

Dec. 10, 2016, 9:03 p.m.

Illuminatus#6421 posted (#post-75782)

Ok, excessive approval and I sign. Is that better Corran?

As always I appreciate your friendship. Thanks for signing!

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.