FORUMS

A Petition for Change

Posted: //
Dec. 11, 2016, 5:04 a.m.

Armande_Christoph#8437 posted (#post-75783)

Signed.. Armande.

Awesome to have support from the homefront! Thanks man!

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

Dec. 11, 2016, 6:03 a.m.

Let's hope that they will realize change is needed

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Dec. 11, 2016, 7:03 p.m.

AnubisEvo#6642 posted (#post-75789)

Signed - for all accounts listed in the original post.

There is a lot of valuable feedback that I've seen listed through these forums, albeit some is buried underneath not so helpful posts. But these are very basic and clearly defined issues that people have with the game and also have clearly defined solutions. I'd love to see this petition come to fruition for the better of the game and community of players both new and old.

Thanks Anubis, looking forward to also continuing the night veteran que's with you soon!

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

Dec. 11, 2016, 7:20 p.m.

Signed - Flopflops

Squad #2 for Life!
--"If it looks like a Monarch, and it moves like a Monarch; It is not a Monarch, because Monarchs don't move"--
--Yes I am the annoying Corvette that most likely just killed you, may or may not be sorry about that. smile--

Dec. 11, 2016, 7:24 p.m.

Sign me in for 2(definitely) and 3.
(Also if i could add,having visual customization open,from lower tiers)

"The First Of His Name"

Dec. 11, 2016, 8:56 p.m.

My previous post (#37) was very much against this poll. That opinion stands, but now, I have further support for my opinion.

My poll of the community is currently up to 50 votes, and of those 50, only 10 are in favour of tweaks to the existing system like this petition is asking for:
https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/35222/

There is a fairly solid majority in favour of the progression system being rebuilt based on the previous system we had.

I can honestly say that, if we really DO have to stick to the current progression mechanics, this thread is proposing a lot of positive changes. I don't honestly believe it will bring many players back, though. It certainly won't bring ME back to the game.

The core mechanics of the current build of the game are, by their nature, anti-fun. Making it a less impactful anti-fun system doesn't make it fun. I want a game that actually IS fun, and I don't see these changes doing that.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 11, 2016, 9:08 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 11, 2016, 9:09 p.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-77146)

There cant be such thing as a "Reroll" to a "previous" version of the game.

"The First Of His Name"

Dec. 11, 2016, 9:16 p.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-77147)

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-77146)

There cant be such thing as a "Reroll" to a "previous" version of the game.

You know "backups" are a thing, right? And holding onto "legacy" builds is a very common practise when developing any kind of software. Rollbacks happen in software development, whether games or otherwise. There is precedent for Dreadnought to have changes rolled back. There are plenty of other games which have done it as well. THESE VERY DEVELOPERS have changed THIS VERY GAME back to a state it had previously been in.

And that isn't even what's being asked for. Using the old progression system AS A BASE from which to build is not just rolling back into the old system - although that would be a very easy first step on the road.

There is no competent developer who doesn't keep backup copies of at least a few recent builds when releasing a new update. The fact that the Dreadnought devs have demonstrated competence over this time - at least in development, if not on the marketing/monetisation side - proves that there absolutely can be a rollback to what we had before.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 12, 2016, 1:59 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 12, 2016, 1:59 a.m.

While I respect others drive to encourage change to the game this petition is the best attempt that 23 of the oldest and most knowledgeable Dreadnought players decided upon. All of the items on the petition were decided upon with realism based upon previous feedback the developers gave to our suggestions. Maintenance is probably not going to go away as much as we would like it too, thus the proposal to enforce it upon those who quit a match only.

It takes more cojones to put your name on a petition than an anonymous poll.

BTW, my petition is trending to easily get more than 50 signatures and has gotten the most reaction from the community than most every other feedback thread. I'd encourage you to look at previous suggestions from the community and the change actually implemented by the devs before placing a low value on what the signatories and I hope to accomplish.

Dec. 12, 2016, 4:33 a.m.

Signed!

OH YEAH!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.