FORUMS

A Petition for Change

Posted: //
Dec. 12, 2016, 12:56 p.m.

I'll sign if this is still running.

Dec. 12, 2016, 5:59 p.m.

Signed, though tbh I already stopped playing.

Dec. 12, 2016, 7:55 p.m.

Imrahil#3251 posted (#post-77530)

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-77526)

That poll DOESN'T show that everyone agrees with me. It doesn't show that the whole community agrees on anything. But it DOES show that [...]

Gonna cut you off straight at the knees there... As one of those who voted for a complete rework I could still live with significant changes. Significant in this regard meaning any reaction at all by DN at this point... Anything that can even roughly be described as an acknowledgement of reality would serve by this point.

I actually began work on a much more complex poll to get a better feeling what to do with the game in the current state, but frankly, unless DN sends it out to all their players, there isn't anything statistically relevant this would proof.

Regards,
Imrahil

You say you're "cutting me off at the knees" but what you're actually telling me is exactly where the problem I'm seeing lies.

You would "settle" for something far less of an improvement than you want to see, as long as the devs do SOMETHING. That feeling quite simply CAN NOT LAST. You'll go "yay it's slightly less terrible!" for a while, and stick around for a while, but it will ONLY be "for a while" before it sinks in that it's not enough. The changes make the game less bad, but IT'S STILL BAD. They aren't FIXING the problems, merely reducing the impact while keeping them in place.

This petition is still getting signatures, and many of those signatures are very obviously from people who would PREFER A BETTER SOLUTION. There are a lot of options out there which would be better. There are a lot of ways the devs could improve things which would be actual improvement, and would not only bring players back to check them out, but KEEP the players back in the game. This petition isn't going to be able to make the kind of change that's ABSOLUTELY NEEDED in order for the game to actually retain the players it brings back.

The devs are playing the "we need to put food on the table" angle to try and defend their poorly-thought-out attempt to monetise the game in a way that has been proven not to work, and abandoned by game after game to avoid failing when they've attempted to use it. The only games which have survived using that model are statistical anomalies which only started out succeeding because they were new and original and essentially started this corner of the market. Even those games are starting to feel the impact of that model not being workable.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 12, 2016, 8:17 p.m.

TheBorg#5315 posted (#post-75792)

signed

Thanks borgie, hopefully we will be able to assimilate some change into the DN collective.

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

Dec. 13, 2016, 8:11 a.m.

Completely agree with petition and totally signing it.
(Of my free will and clear mind)

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”
― Frank Herbert, Dune

Dec. 13, 2016, 5:59 p.m.

KityKendy#0274 posted (#post-75795)

Signed

Don't know you as well as I would like to but I do appreciate your support! I hope to see you on Discord.

Discord Moderator "Once you reach level 49 your title should be Anax Below the Belt, obviously" ---Lord Griffin CH- Sometimes at the beggining of a match I forget I still don't have my RAM's back TheBorg- Yeah I can imagine you giving orders to your crew "Engage RAMMING SPEED!" "We don't have any RAM's sir!" "I don't care, do it anyway!"

Dec. 13, 2016, 7:11 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 13, 2016, 7:11 p.m.

honestly, I'm really really sad about the way this game has gone. To me it's gone from being a unique game that not only could, but would have carved out it's own market share to a game that I in conscience cannot recommend to my friends to put their time into.

I really hope that the devs look at this feedback and learn from it, because as it stands right now it looks like the devs are trying to make the game worse.

Add me to the list please.

Squad #2, Breaking the game FOR SCIENCE!

"If you can see other ships while the fighting is going on, it just means you need to fire more."

Dec. 14, 2016, 3:12 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 14, 2016, 3:43 a.m.

Signed
cant say I'm impressed with the state of the current patch release (technically speaking - not content) - from my perspective it appears QA had a different test build to what was released, I'm pretty sure they would not have allowed most of the patch issues through - particularly simple graphical/gui issues.

i would almost go as far as to ask was it even tested prior to release ?

come on guys - pull your socks up, this is pretty unprofessional.

Dec. 14, 2016, 3:50 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 14, 2016, 3:52 a.m.

First off let me just add my signature with the rest. This is also my goodbye post. I’m going to try and keep it brief while explaining to Yager/6FT why I’m finally leaving after of a year of support. Don’t worry I don’t want a refund or anything. I got my value out of the alphas alone. Around 500 hours.

I really thought the core of this game was incredible. The battles between (mostly) balanced ships and teamwork. Crazy fun. I don’t normally get addicted to a game like this. It’s been ages. Slowly as time has worn on and more and more updates rolled out. I’ve lost that feeling.

The core of that gameplay has been muddied to the point I no longer enjoy it. My competitive aspect has all but been completely removed. You’ve even stated yourself you wanted people to move away from maining a ship to managing a fleet. You’ve knocked squads down to 3. I’m aware you’ve stated that’s a temporary solution and you hope to address squad sizes later…

That was the key for me though. Organized squads of talented captains who had specific strengths like maining a tact, arty or corvette. Against another equally skilled team. Now so much is obstructing it. I do not enjoy the tier system at all. I hate the fact ships are no longer on even footing in almost all the matches. When it was just a perfect storm of T2s.,T3s etc… you could almost recognize the awesome game DN was.

Balance was always my primary concern. Back when NSA was ramming like it was going out of style I was one of the voices calling for balance. To be clear I was a part of NSA/Desu etc. I honestly don’t know why it seems your QA team has such a vastly different experience than the public. So the disenfranchisement has been kind of stacking up post alpha. I’m basically one of the few old guard when it comes to squads of yore. All the rest of my team has slowly melted away over the past months.

TLDR. I signed because I feel the updates have sucked the fun out of DN. I dislike cross tier matches, dislike maintenance, dislike lack of competitive hopper/squad reduction, dislike being unable to focus on a single class and dislike how the trees are laid out. Far to many random variables you can not plan for plague the game now. Taking out the tactical aspect IMO.

PS. I don’t hate anyone. I know Yager is trying. Of course they are. This game has just evolved into something I no longer wish to play. Please know the $40 I put in founders was for the alpha. I’ll keep an eye out for any major news or overhauls in the future. Maybe a year from now DN will be a completely different game again and I’ll come back and check it out.

To the guys still hanging on and the folks still around from alpha… it’s been a blast for the most part. Good luck and I hope it pays off. Sorry for the novel.

Dec. 14, 2016, 10:52 p.m.

RyujinKiryuu#8240 posted (#post-75798)

You have my support on this Corran Horn, If this is implemented, I'll play again, but as you said, No one wants to play a game that forces you to be a healer, just to unlock the DPS class.

Signed

RyujinKiryuu
Thanks, let's see what we can do to get our message out there!

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.