FORUMS

Reward for playing matches is broken

Posted: //
Dec. 14, 2016, 11:49 a.m.

Can somebody explain to me how is it posible when I win 1200 credits I get only 800? Also aplly to exp. I won around 2K and on the ship I got only around 1500. It make farming anything impossible. There no description of any maintanance or anything that would explain it.

Dec. 14, 2016, 12:43 p.m.

Veteran and Legendary have maintenance, the auto-pay button is usually checked by default so you won't see any prompts to pay it and it gets deducted automatically. Since the patch there is also a fixed maintenance of 250 creds even if you win.

If you are playing recruit this may be a bug you should report.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 14, 2016, 1:12 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-78504)

Veteran and Legendary have maintenance, the auto-pay button is usually checked by default so you won't see any prompts to pay it and it gets deducted automatically. Since the patch there is also a fixed maintenance of 250 creds even if you win.

So how does the maintenance apply to research experience? Because sometimes it says I get 1700 and I deffinitevly dont get that ammount of exp. Is it shared between all ships I played because even then it would not be correct, or how does it work?
Isnt the fixed ammount of 250 cred maitenence little bit too high? lets say normaly somebody make 750-1000 credits per match a automaticly 250 minus from that is quite a lot. Which makes farming for ship pretty much eternity with the prices there are now.

Dec. 14, 2016, 1:17 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 14, 2016, 1:19 p.m.

All ships in the fleet get a small amount (100-150; I think Elite bonus applies to this) of experience just for being in your fleet as you play, even if you don't use the ship for the entire game.

Dec. 14, 2016, 1:34 p.m.

Kalgur#2203 posted (#post-78511)

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-78504)

So how does the maintenance apply to research experience? Because sometimes it says I get 1700 and I deffinitevly dont get that ammount of exp. Is it shared between all ships I played because even then it would not be correct, or how does it work?
Isnt the fixed ammount of 250 cred maitenence little bit too high? lets say normaly somebody make 750-1000 credits per match a automaticly 250 minus from that is quite a lot. Which makes farming for ship pretty much eternity with the prices there are now.

The big experience number on the end of match progression screen is the experience for your whole fleet, the distribution gets shown at the end, you need to wait some time for all the boosts getting applied, then there your fleet gets shown and the xp each ship got from the match.

There is/was/should be no maintenance for xp.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 14, 2016, 1:54 p.m.

So 250 creds maintenance minimum even when winning. Must have missed that in the patch notes.
And 1200 maintenance cost for a veteran fleet with two T3 and the T4 Morningstar seems a bit too much for me. Prior to the patch i get fixed 599 credits maintenance cost.

Dec. 14, 2016, 2:26 p.m.

Nilspferd#4349 posted (#post-78524)

So 250 creds maintenance minimum even when winning. Must have missed that in the patch notes.
And 1200 maintenance cost for a veteran fleet with two T3 and the T4 Morningstar seems a bit too much for me. Prior to the patch i get fixed 599 credits maintenance cost.

Sadly some things are missing in the patchnotes, seems there are some problems with the latest patch that may have lead to some unintended changes.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 14, 2016, 3:12 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 14, 2016, 3:12 p.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-78536)

Sadly some things are missing in the patchnotes, seems there are some problems with the latest patch that may have lead to some unintended changes.

I agree 1200 credits for a maintenance fee is to high you would be lucky to make that much depending on how bad your team is and if you did how are you going to pay for the next match if you dont win? . I normally defend a lot of there decisions on here but that one i just cannot see its penalizing a team because they lost so its a broken game mechanic because who is to stop anyone from just leaving a match and causing his team to have to pay for it ? . This can be exploited it will i have seen this happen in a lot of games it may not now but when open beta hits just watch the forums light up from people that are mad because it happens.

Dec. 14, 2016, 3:37 p.m.

After much connection woes I finally managed to play 1 match today before said connection woes returned. After winning the match I did not get any win bonus. So from what I experienced thus far there definitely seems to be some bugs with the reward system.

Having played only 1 match since patch I've not experienced the increased maintenance so far but if it's intentional the devs got some serious explaining to do.

Dec. 14, 2016, 3:45 p.m.

lethal61#8149 posted (#post-78544)

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-78536)

I agree 1200 credits for a maintenance fee is to high you would be lucky to make that much depending on how bad your team is and if you did how are you going to pay for the next match if you dont win? . I normally defend a lot of there decisions on here but that one i just cannot see its penalizing a team because they lost so its a broken game mechanic because who is to stop anyone from just leaving a match and causing his team to have to pay for it ? . This can be exploited it will i have seen this happen in a lot of games it may not now but when open beta hits just watch the forums light up from people that are mad because it happens.

Leaving a match gives you the maintenance fee anways! So playing and earning score for more credits so you do not lose the whole fee, or even make some creds, should be your goal.

The value seems very far off currently. At least for veteran, the legendary value is meant to kick you out of it, so you have a reason to buy the elite-status.

Recruit Engineer

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.