FORUMS

sci fi books/movies/series/games/whatever

Posted: //
March 15, 2016, 11:08 a.m.

As in the title, can some of you may suggest Sci-fi oriented things?
Thank you in advance!

Posted: //
April 26, 2016, 9:27 p.m.

Updated //
April 26, 2016, 9:30 p.m.

Just naming things off the top of my head.

Shows: Expanse (only show I know of that doesn't have magic gravity generators, not counting cartoons), Outer Limits (the 1995-2000 version, though the original isn't bad either), Stargate SG-1 (also Atlantis, but avoid Universe), FarScape, Fringe, Star Trek (very least watch DS9), Firefly, Almost Human.

Movies: The Black Hole, Runaway, Jurassic Park, The Matrix Series, Cube, Event Horizon, the Riddick series (at least the first one, Chronicles isn't bad but it starts becoming more fantasy), Dune (1984 version), The Fifth Element, West World (and Future World), Alien (and Alien 3, you can skip Aliens unless you want a "dumb action movie" which it excels at being).

Books: Daemon by Daniel Suarez (also Freedom), Ribofunk, Metatropolis, Dune (if you don't watch the movie at least read the books, if you do watch it still read the books), The Integral Trees by Niven (and Smoke Ring, really interesting concept), while we're talking about Niven read Gil the Arm stories (it's about police detective part of department that handles science related crimes).

Games: Mass Effect, Halo, Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed (at least the first few), Dead Space, Read Only Memories (haven't played it but hear it's really good), Xenogear (okay, so it's science fantasy but it has some really good sci-fi concepts), Starbound (basically Terraria in space).

Also Gundam Franchise is great but certain entries (like a certain Gundam SEED, not to name any names) are best to be avoided.

EDIT: What? I'm not a sci-fi nerd! Where would you get that idea!? ¬_¬

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.