FORUMS

This Game Will Fail..

Posted: //
Dec. 17, 2016, 9:19 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 18, 2016, 9:45 p.m.

So I am six days in now and what a nightmare.

I wanted to like this game, I tried so hard to like this game but I just can not.

This has got to be the worst pay to win disaster I have seen in a long time.

Is it possible to make it any more un-balanced?

tier 2 against tier 4 ships? WTF was you thinking?

15-20 minute matchmaker, I wonder why? Wait no I don't, player retention is down the tubes.

The grind!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? How are we even suppose to grind? Every veteran match I enter is nothing but (Pay to Win) tier 4 ships smashing tier 2 and 3. There is no way in heII new players can grind against the players that have been here a few weeks longer or worst pay-to-win fanboys.

100,000 credits for a tier 4 ship? Is that a joke? How are we suppose to earn credits? Every veteran match I play, I lose more credits then I make. Guess I could play recruit matches to earn credits but then how are we suppose to earn the XP for our tier 4 ships?

The problem as I see it, The Developers have no clue what they have implemented as far as the grind goes. They play with maxed out ships with unlimited credits and have no idea what its like running a tier 2 or 3 ship against tier 4. They are completely clueless. The grind itself is not that bad but to have to do it with such un-balanced matches is ridiculous.

I am fully confident this game will fail miserably.

I recently gave up on another game that is very similar to this called Hawken. They just did XBox and Playstation 4 release a few months ago with the exact same tier system and skill tree and on a good day they have 150 players max. They filed bankruptcy once already and got picked up by another company that implemented this same disastrous grind and they are now bankrupt again.

To the developers: Do what you want, it is your game but listen to what I have to say. If you keep it the way it is, you are wasting your time and you can chalk up a failed game on your resume.

Another note I would like to add is the Graphics!! They are AWFUL!!! I am so sick of hearing people say how good the game looks when in fact it looks like garbage. I mean really, I am sitting here on a 4way CrossfireX system (Asus 390Xs) and the game is barely utilizing ONE CARD!!! 32% GPU usage on ONE CARD, is the best I can get. Is this some kind of joke? Max Graphics, 4K, 122 FPS and 32% GPU usage???????????

Where is the antiantilizing? Whats the deal with all the jagged edges on everything? Wheres the God-Rays? Says we are running DirectX11. Why? Looks more like DirectX9 Graphics to me. Why is DirectX12 not working? Where is CrossfireX support? Water has little to no reflections, little to no reflections in general. Where is the particle effects? I seen better explosions in Planetside 2 and its 4 years old and DirectX9.

Great concept but your greed is going to kill it like 10s of thousands of other great free to play (Pay to Win) games of the past.

Go ahead and keep ignoring your playerbase, you are young, you need a failure or two before you realize Pay to Win is a fad done past its prime.

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

Dec. 17, 2016, 9:45 a.m.

Quayjay#4843 posted (#post-79813)

tried so hard to like this game but I just can not.

Tried?What for?You either like a game,or you don't

Go ahead and keep ignoring your playerbase,

https://www.twitch.tv/spideroz/v/107617668
you probably not long enough here,but there is a discord dreadnought channel,with active devs,very responsive,who actually do listen to community.The video is from a rescent Developer Roundtable.

Pay to Win is a fad done past its prime.

You are probably confusing what actually p2w means,in Dreadnought you can progress through game without buying anything with real money.

You will not believe it but the game is closed beta yet smile

THIS GAME WILL FAIL..

"The First Of His Name"

Dec. 17, 2016, 9:53 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 17, 2016, 10 a.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-79817)

tried so hard to like this game but I just can not.

Tried?What for?You either like a game,or you don't

Go ahead and keep ignoring your playerbase,

https://www.twitch.tv/spideroz/v/107617668
you probably not long enough here,but there is a discord dreadnought channel,with active devs,very responsive,who actually do listen to community.The video is from a rescent Developer Roundtable.

Pay to Win is a fad done past its prime.

You are probably confusing what actually p2w means,in Dreadnought you can progress through game without buying anything with real money.

You will not believe it but the game is closed beta yet smile

THIS GAME WILL FAIL..

Well speaking of FanBoys roflmfao, yeah yeah, Hawken has about 150 FanBoys to, yet several months after release they only have 150 players on the servers at a time.

I been through this many times with many games, they are going to say whatever they can to get you to keep playing but never deliver anything but money sinks. The fact that you can spend money on it in Closed Beta says all we need to know about the intentions of the developers.

You can buy tier 4 ships on day one, that is the essence of pay to win and if you DON'T buy them, well, your just cannon fodder until you do.

Dec. 17, 2016, 9:59 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 17, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

Quayjay#4843 posted (#post-79819)

Well speaking of FanBoys

Starting to love that title.

You can buy tier 4 ships on day one, that is the essence of pay to win and if you DON'T buy them, well, your just cannon fodder until you do.

Magic word "can",its doesnt mean that u will be able to handle it.

P.s Did u just compared 2 completely different games?

"The First Of His Name"

Dec. 17, 2016, 10:04 a.m.

So I am six days in now and holy freaking s*** what a nightmare.

I wanted to like this game, I tried so hard to like this game but I just can not.

This has got to be the worst cluster f***ing pay to win disaster I have seen in a long time.

15-20 minute matchmaker, I wonder why? Wait no I don't, player retention is down the tubes.

The grind!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? How are we even suppose to grind? Every veteran match I enter is nothing but (Pay to Win) tier 4 ships smashing tier 2 and 3. There is no way in He11 new players can grind against the players that have been here a few weeks longer or worst pay-to-win fanboys.

65,000 credits for a tier 4 ship? Is that a joke? How are we suppose to earn credits? Every veteran match I play, I lose more credits then I make. Guess I could play recruit matches to earn credits but then how are we suppose to earn the XP for our tier 4 ships?

The problem as I see it, The Developers have no clue what they have implemented as far as the grind goes. They play with maxed out ships with unlimited credits and have no idea what its like running a tier 2 or 3 ship against tier 4. They are completely clueless. The grind itself is not that bad but to have to do it with such un-balanced matches is ridiculous.

I recently gave up on another game that is very similar to this called Hawken. They just did XBox and Playstation 4 release a few months ago with the exact same tier system and skill tree and on a good day they have 150 players max. They filed bankruptcy once already and got picked up by another company that implemented this same disastrous grind and they are now bankrupt again.

To the developers: Do what you want, it is your game but listen to what I have to say. If you keep it the way it is, you are wasting your time and you can chalk up a failed game on your resume.

Another note I would like to add is the Graphics!! They are AWFUL!!! I am so sick of hearing people say how good the game looks when in fact it looks like garbage. I mean really, I am sitting here on a 4way CrossfireX system (Asus 390Xs) and the game is barely utilizing ONE CARD!!! 32% GPU usage on ONE CARD, is the best I can get. Is this some kind of joke? Max Graphics, 4K, 122 FPS and 32% GPU usage???????????

Where is the antiantilizing? Whats the deal with all the jagged edges on everything? Wheres the God-Rays? Says we are running DirectX11. Why? Looks more like DirectX9 Graphics to me. Why is DirectX12 not working? Where is CrossfireX support? Water has little to no reflections, little to no reflections in general. Where is the particle effects? I seen better explosions in Planetside 2 and its 4 years old and DirectX9.

Great concept but your greed is going to kill it like 10s of thousands of other great free to play (Pay to Win) games of the past.

Go ahead and keep ignoring your playerbase, you are young, you need a failure or two before you realize Pay to Win is a fad done past its prime.

So if you feel this way why are you running awround on the forums asking for fleet invites?? selling them perhaps?.

Dec. 17, 2016, 10:49 a.m.

lethal61#8149 posted (#post-79823)

So I am six days in now and holy freaking s*** what a nightmare.

This has got to be the worst cluster f***ing pay to win disaster I have seen in a long time.

The grind!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? How are we even suppose to grind? Every veteran match I enter is nothing but (Pay to Win) tier 4 ships smashing tier 2 and 3. There is no way in He11 new players can grind against the players that have been here a few weeks longer or worst pay-to-win fanboys.

65,000 credits for a tier 4 ship? Is that a joke? How are we suppose to earn credits? Every veteran match I play, I lose more credits then I make. Guess I could play recruit matches to earn credits but then how are we suppose to earn the XP for our tier 4 ships?

So if you feel this way why are you running awround on the forums asking for fleet invites?? selling them perhaps?.

I asked for one to see if having a tier 4 ship balanced the game play and it doesn't, just adds another person to the problem.

The game is going to fail, plain and simple. year or two and the matchmaker times will be so long it will kill off even the dedicated players.

The problems are many and the only things being actively worked on is more grind and money sinks.

6 Day old player giving my impression of the game, don't attack it, instead try to understand it.

In a few months EVERYONE will have tier 4 ships, so how are new players suppose to grind out XP in veteran matches with their shiny new tier 3 ship? Answer! They won't, they will see the game as pay to play and move on.

Should I lie instead and say "The Game is Great just the way it is" "Your going to bring in players by the millions with this setup"

As long as new players are nothing more then cannon fodder in veteran matches, the player retention rate will be slim to none.

Dec. 17, 2016, 10:51 a.m.

You know i'm no expert however, with all the time i have spent playing Warframe and LoL, I can defiantly say you are suffering a case of Saltitus. Its not fatal however i would suggest you take a few days off from the game before it gets any worse.

"Fate will unwind as it must" Beowulf

Dec. 17, 2016, 10:51 a.m.

This post hurts alot for me😭😭

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

Dec. 17, 2016, 10:59 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 17, 2016, 11:03 a.m.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/33237/

Long-running petition from some of the more active fans, created based on the NON-RESPONSIVENESS of the developers to the consistent negative feedback against almost everything that progression 2.0 stands for. The group of active Dreadnought supporters who have essentially given up on making real change settled on a set of small changes to push for in place of actually demanding the kind of meaningful change the game will need to survive long-term.

If you can deal with them keeping the tier system, but trying to refine it, support the petition. If you're ok with maintenance, but changed up a bit to be less punishing, support the petition. If you want the devs to build the game around "must spend money to keep playing how you want", support the petition.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/37192/

This newer petition is one I created. It pushes for more changes, and more meaningful change, than the older one. It doesn't have much support yet, but it's only just started. And unlike the first petition which is based on discussion back and forth between a small group of players already disillusioned by their persistently-ignored attempts to make the kind of changes the game NEEDS, this was backed up by a poll of the community, and is based on what the majority of players have been asking for - a return to the state we had before progression 2.0 - and building on THAT as a starting point to make the game work.

Before 2.0, your problems with tiers simply did not exist. There were no tiers. Ships were all relatively well balanced against one another - actually much better balanced than a lot of already-released class-based games. Before 2.0, the progression system still needed work, but there were several valid and helpful ways to develop it into a more player-driven and fun system (which could also become an effecitve monetisation mechanic), where the current system is strictly linear with no real option to expand out from being linear and restrictive.

Personally, I think we need to go back. Obviously, Odin is a good example of someone who has given up on seeing that change (he's openly countered my previous arguments NOT with anything that actually goes against them, but with "the devs worked for months on the update, they're not going to go back"). He's not alone in accepting the state of the game and being willing to accept far less change than many others who have quit.

If we can get enough people to support a petition - ANY petition - we might see enough change ot keep the game alive. I would rather see enough change to bring me back, and to bring many players I know of EITHER back to the game OR into it for the first time. I have 3 invites which I plan to share with friends, but only if there's enough change to bring me back to the game. I'm not going to invite people to a game I no longer have any interest in playing. I have several friends who WERE lined up with plans to buy into the beta before progression 2.0, but hesitated because of the concerns about it - and are currently very glad they DIDN'T buy in after seeing how it's been (mis)handled. I have other friends who were watching the game with interest until 2.0 and ended up looking for ways to cancel their registration for a chance at a beta key. There are people out there who are actively AVOIDING news they had previously been trying to find, because of the complete ignorance of player feedback coming into this update and pushing forward with the direction it took.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 17, 2016, 11:06 a.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-79836)

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/33237/

Long-running petition from some of the more active fans, created based on the NON-RESPONSIVENESS of the developers to the consistent negative feedback against almost everything that progression 2.0 stands for. The group of active Dreadnought supporters who have essentially given up on making real change settled on a set of small changes to push for in place of actually demanding the kind of meaningful change the game will need to survive long-term.

If you can deal with them keeping the tier system, but trying to refine it, support the petition. If you're ok with maintenance, but changed up a bit to be less punishing, support the petition. If you want the devs to build the game around "must spend money to keep playing how you want", support the petition.

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/37192/

This newer petition is one I created. It pushes for more changes, and more meaningful change, than the older one. It doesn't have much support yet, but it's only just started. And unlike the first petition which is based on discussion back and forth between a small group of players already disillusioned by their persistently-ignored attempts to make the kind of changes the game NEEDS, this was backed up by a poll of the community, and is based on what the majority of players have been asking for - a return to the state we had before progression 2.0 - and building on THAT as a starting point to make the game work.

Before 2.0, your problems with tiers simply did not exist. There were no tiers. Ships were all relatively well balanced against one another - actually much better balanced than a lot of already-released class-based games. Before 2.0, the progression system still needed work, but there were several valid and helpful ways to develop it into a more player-driven and fun system (which could also become an effecitve monetisation mechanic), where the current system is strictly linear with no real option to expand out from being linear and restrictive.

Personally, I think we need to go back. Obviously, Odin is a good example of someone who has given up on seeing that change (he's openly countered my previous arguments NOT with anything that actually goes against them, but with "the devs worked for months on the update, they're not going to go back"). He's not alone in accepting the state of the game and being willing to accept far less change than many others who have quit.

If we can get enough people to support a petition - ANY petition - we might see enough change ot keep the game alive. I would rather see enough change to bring me back, and to bring many players I know of EITHER back to the game OR into it for the first time. I have 3 invites which I plan to share with friends, but only if there's enough change to bring me back to the game. I'm not going to invite people to a game I no longer have any interest in playing. I have several friends who WERE lined up with plans to buy into the beta before progression 2.0, but hesitated because of the concerns about it - and are currently very glad they DIDN'T buy in after seeing how it's been (mis)handled. I have other friends who were watching the game with interest until 2.0 and ended up looking for ways to cancel their registration for a chance at a beta key. There are people out there who are actively AVOIDING news they had previously been trying to find, because of the complete ignorance of player feedback coming into this update and pushing forward with the direction it took.

So i just got a Key yesterday and havent been able to play yet (keeps saying the servers are down, not sure of the problem is on there end or mine) What exactly did this recent update do and is it as bad as you guys are making it out as?

"Fate will unwind as it must" Beowulf

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.