FORUMS

This Game Will Fail..

Posted: //
Dec. 18, 2016, 10 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 18, 2016, 10:04 a.m.

Survii#8019 posted (#post-80024)

Fvck off Odin

Watch your language youngster.We dont agree,get over it.No reason to be rude.
(I am enjoying that title pretty much,Dreadnought fan boy yeah)

"The First Of His Name"

Dec. 18, 2016, 10:05 a.m.

Lol hahaha.

Dec. 18, 2016, 10:54 a.m.

Just to be blunt, but you have not played games for long to make such a bold statement during a closed beta.

There is constructive feedback, and then there is just whining.

Since you might of misunderstood my comment as a troll. I will reiterate. This game is in CLOSED BETA

I wish they would lock and close threads like this because it brings nothing new to the table

Dec. 18, 2016, 11:02 a.m.

Liquidrider#4878 posted (#post-80185)

This game is in CLOSED BETA

Funny how that nonsense keeps coming up. For operation meltdown everyone and everyone's cat has gotten an invite. For what it's worth this is peak population for dreadnought.

It wasn't a closed beta as such even before. Closed means many things but definitely not that you can buy in anytime...

Also I find it funny how the fanboy brigade is pouring gas into the fire. This is either not very smart or the most brilliant trolling I ever saw. I'm not sure if I should shake my head or hand you a medal.

Dec. 18, 2016, 11:05 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 18, 2016, 11:12 a.m.

Liquidrider#4878 posted (#post-80185)

Just to be blunt, but you have not played games for long to make such a bold statement during a closed beta.

There is constructive feedback, and then there is just whining.

Since you might of misunderstood my comment as a troll. I will reiterate. This game is in CLOSED BETA

I wish they would lock and close threads like this because it brings nothing new to the table

Exactly,there is a huge difference between productive feedback and things as just "this game sux" "i cant play" "tiers are bla bla bla".The Closed Beta tag is there for a reason.
Again,provide feedback even if its negative,but before starting a thread,research the forums.
I strongly recommend to join Dreadnought discord channel,the community is great,the Devs are active too,you can learn plenty of stuff and talk about the game.

Imrahil#3251 posted (#post-80188)

Also I find it funny how the fanboy brigade is pouring gas into the fire. This is either not very smart or the most brilliant trolling I ever saw. I'm not sure if I should shake my head or hand you a medal.

See?You said it yourself,fanboy brigade,hahahaha.
Ofc its trolling,how should i react?When people got a title to us,just because we dont agree with em.Sorry i should follow the route "Oh my g@d,everything is faling apart" etc?Why should i agree with people when i dont share their opinion?I stated things i didnt liked in this new build,and i am glad all those are being taken care of.
You are here for a long time Imrahil,you saw the things changed before,the game is still in develompent u like it or not.

"The First Of His Name"

Dec. 18, 2016, 12:08 p.m.

i use to think this game would die out too and i raged about it even got mad with Odin XD, but i gave it some more time and experimented with it more and found that i can tolerate it. core gameplay itself is still a blast and i do believe they will address the tier balancing of power. Give it a bit more time h311 comeback when its open beta to start fresh with everyone again. Maybe there will be something that may intrigue you to stay for a bit if not no1 is keeping you here.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Dec. 18, 2016, 12:34 p.m.

Shocknfunk#5058 posted (#post-80205)

i use to think this game would die out too and i raged about it even got mad with Odin XD, but i gave it some more time and experimented with it more and found that i can tolerate it. core gameplay itself is still a blast and i do believe they will address the tier balancing of power. Give it a bit more time h311 comeback when its open beta to start fresh with everyone again. Maybe there will be something that may intrigue you to stay for a bit if not no1 is keeping you here.

When I was told about this game and looked at it I saw potential to be a competitive game. Now it will not be a competitive game so many things are set up in a way for it to be just a fun game and there is nothing wrong with that. It just turns out it's not the game for me.

Side note. Why is PS4 only 5v5 and PC 8v8 how will balancing be done is the game is different so much

Professional players make a living. Semi-pro's get paid enough to try again.

Dec. 18, 2016, 12:37 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 18, 2016, 12:38 p.m.

Quayjay#4843 posted (#post-79813)

So I am six days in now and what a nightmare.

I wanted to like this game, I tried so hard to like this game but I just can not.

This has got to be the worst pay to win disaster I have seen in a long time.

Is it possible to make it any more un-balanced?

tier 2 against tier 4 ships? WTF was you thinking?

15-20 minute matchmaker, I wonder why? Wait no I don't, player retention is down the tubes.

The grind!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? How are we even suppose to grind? Every veteran match I enter is nothing but (Pay to Win) tier 4 ships smashing tier 2 and 3. There is no way in new players can grind against the players that have been here a few weeks longer or worst pay-to-win fanboys.

95,000 credits for a tier 4 ship? Is that a joke? How are we suppose to earn credits? Every veteran match I play, I lose more credits then I make. Guess I could play recruit matches to earn credits but then how are we suppose to earn the XP for our tier 4 ships?

The problem as I see it, The Developers have no clue what they have implemented as far as the grind goes. They play with maxed out ships with unlimited credits and have no idea what its like running a tier 2 or 3 ship against tier 4. They are completely clueless. The grind itself is not that bad but to have to do it with such un-balanced matches is ridiculous.

I am fully confident this game will fail miserably.

I recently gave up on another game that is very similar to this called Hawken. They just did XBox and Playstation 4 release a few months ago with the exact same tier system and skill tree and on a good day they have 150 players max. They filed bankruptcy once already and got picked up by another company that implemented this same disastrous grind and they are now bankrupt again.

To the developers: Do what you want, it is your game but listen to what I have to say. If you keep it the way it is, you are wasting your time and you can chalk up a failed game on your resume.

Another note I would like to add is the Graphics!! They are AWFUL!!! I am so sick of hearing people say how good the game looks when in fact it looks like garbage. I mean really, I am sitting here on a 4way CrossfireX system (Asus 390Xs) and the game is barely utilizing ONE CARD!!! 32% GPU usage on ONE CARD, is the best I can get. Is this some kind of joke? Max Graphics, 4K, 122 FPS and 32% GPU usage???????????

Where is the antiantilizing? Whats the deal with all the jagged edges on everything? Wheres the God-Rays? Says we are running DirectX11. Why? Looks more like DirectX9 Graphics to me. Why is DirectX12 not working? Where is CrossfireX support? Water has little to no reflections, little to no reflections in general. Where is the particle effects? I seen better explosions in Planetside 2 and its 4 years old and DirectX9.

Great concept but your greed is going to kill it like 10s of thousands of other great free to play (Pay to Win) games of the past.

Go ahead and keep ignoring your playerbase, you are young, you need a failure or two before you realize Pay to Win is a fad done past its prime.
ROFL ITS BETA a lot is changing and a lot of what you said is bug related, grow up you want a fully furnished space combat go to elite dangerous but alas your prob poor like me and playing for free and even if you are not again its BETA and not a full game.

Dec. 18, 2016, 1:16 p.m.

In its current state I don't think this game will do well at all. It will go down the same fate as Armored Warfare did. It will get some attention at start then 3 months later there will be 100 people playing and it will take 30 minutes to find a match with only a 4v4 because 32 people weren't available for a full match.

Dec. 18, 2016, 3:46 p.m.

The tiers watered down the game. Recruit queue is a great idea and worth keeping. The tiers are worth tossing.

Recruit queue is good because the game should be watered down at first. I don’t want my friends being harvested by corvettes, and I want the game to be accessible. A good tutorial and queue-lite go a long way.

After that, the tier system is hurting the game. Officer briefings enriched the game. They’re locked behind a 40 hour grind. Modules like fighters on dreadnoughts fulfill a great fantasy. They’re locked behind a 40 hour grind. Choosing between secondary weapons gave personalization. Locked behind a 40 hour grind.

Between me and my friends, we’ve got jobs, wives, kids, competing fun stuff. Guessing the player metrics are improved for new player retention due to recruit queue, and then they sour due to the tiers.

If they would keep recruit queue, they could get rid of t3-5 and have the best of both worlds. Keep the player retention mechanic and put out the wildfire in the forums. The game was more fun before the shipyard update. I’ll put up $50 in gp right now if the devs say that makes sense. The t5 aion skin is awesome and calling my wallet. It should be a purchasable cosmetic.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.