This Game Will Fail..

Posted: //
Dec. 18, 2016, 4 p.m.

game is nice =)

Dec. 18, 2016, 4:19 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 18, 2016, 4:19 p.m.

I have nothing bad to say about the Dreadnought (so far). I'm well aware that's closed beta, but I've already saw many errors, like audio-distortions, crashes (well - game actually refuses to crash, respect for creators), yesterday the files damage, which prevented me to get all the (possibly unique) stuff, which I'll never be able to get it again from Operation Meltdown. smile

“I’m a long-flight pilot. Pushing a little bubble of air-filled metal across an ocean of nothing is what I was born to do.” ― James S.A. Corey, Cibola Burn

Dec. 18, 2016, 6:22 p.m.

Imrahil#3251 posted (#post-80188)

For operation meltdown everyone and everyone's cat has gotten an invite.

The good news is that people that wait and couldn't get invitation, are finally here. Like myself.

Pantong#7792 posted (#post-80211)

Side note. Why is PS4 only 5v5 and PC 8v8

Because consoles doesn't have the necessary processing power? Sorry, couldn't resist, but it's equally funny and true.

ShiMan#4516 posted (#post-80259)

which prevented me to get all the (possibly unique) stuff, which I'll never be able to get it again from Operation Meltdown. smile

You're not missing much. Sure there was a dreadnought for (almost) free, but that actually turn out to be the biggest disappointment so far. I was here specifically to fly the big powerful ships, but if this is the max what we could have, then I don't know, you just don't feel the power at all. it's very clumsy and not so effective in battle.

Dec. 18, 2016, 8:44 p.m.

Mortimer#0942 posted (#post-80285)

ShiMan#4516 posted (#post-80259)

which prevented me to get all the (possibly unique) stuff, which I'll never be able to get it again from Operation Meltdown. smile

You're not missing much. Sure there was a dreadnought for (almost) free, but that actually turn out to be the biggest disappointment so far. I was here specifically to fly the big powerful ships, but if this is the max what we could have, then I don't know, you just don't feel the power at all. it's very clumsy and not so effective in battle.

yea, I consider the Morningstar to be a bad ship (obviously, normal ships with the right build will always be better) but the Trident's terribleness level is far beyond that of the Morningstar - at least the Morningstar actually does its job well enough for a hero ship.

Dec. 18, 2016, 10:01 p.m.

CtrlAltWheee#2640 posted (#post-80247)

The tiers watered down the game. Recruit queue is a great idea and worth keeping. The tiers are worth tossing.

Recruit queue is good because the game should be watered down at first. I don’t want my friends being harvested by corvettes, and I want the game to be accessible. A good tutorial and queue-lite go a long way.

After that, the tier system is hurting the game. Officer briefings enriched the game. They’re locked behind a 40 hour grind. Modules like fighters on dreadnoughts fulfill a great fantasy. They’re locked behind a 40 hour grind. Choosing between secondary weapons gave personalization. Locked behind a 40 hour grind.

Between me and my friends, we’ve got jobs, wives, kids, competing fun stuff. Guessing the player metrics are improved for new player retention due to recruit queue, and then they sour due to the tiers.

If they would keep recruit queue, they could get rid of t3-5 and have the best of both worlds. Keep the player retention mechanic and put out the wildfire in the forums. The game was more fun before the shipyard update. I’ll put up $50 in gp right now if the devs say that makes sense. The t5 aion skin is awesome and calling my wallet. It should be a purchasable cosmetic.

That sounds like a resounding "I should sign this: https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/37192/ " to me. Also really good suggestion to basically revert to the previous build but keep one of the very few good things that came in progression 2.0

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 19, 2016, 4:13 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 19, 2016, 4:13 a.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-80091)

Beowulf#6663 posted (#post-79951)

I don't know, again, from what obliv has been saying it sounds like WoT and while that game is extremely grindy it has a good player base. Also keep in mind that this update apparently only came out a few days ago; Lets see where it goes before we cast final judgments on it. Still this does not bode well for the game

What you (and most defenders of this model) are missing is that there are a range of reasons why WoT got away with its model, and none of those things can be applied to Dreadnought:

1. It was basically the first game using the model it had. Dreadnought is YEARS late to be following in its footsteps with any hope of success.

2. The individual tanks are almost all unique and different, not linear stat upgrades with extra module slots thrown in at certain tiers on top of the flat "better than previous tier" build-up.

3. The tiers are MUCH flatter in WoT than Dreadnought, in part because they have a lot more tiers.

4. Even with much, MUCH less of a gap between tiers, players who quit - and there are a lot - frequently mention the elements of WoT that Dreadnought is trying to mimic as reasons to quit.

5. Even with all the things which have allowed it to get away with that model, the game (and the company running it) has been losing popularity fairly steadily in recent years as players move to the competition where new devs are NOT mimicking that now-proven failed model.

Not trying to defend the model, I personal hate it and is the reason i stop playing WoT, i'm just trying too see where there coming from and why they would want to try this, in my mind awful, business model. I may not like it but i can see why they would want to experiment with it to see if they can make it work.

I hope they move away from it, however I also need to take what your saying with a grain of salt since i have yet to log in too see myself how it works because lets face it people go to forums to complain and these forums don't seem to be too active so i have no idea if it is this bad or if it's just a lot of belly aching on your part. Since you seem rather knowledgeable on this i doubt you are but still.

"Fate will unwind as it must" Beowulf

Dec. 19, 2016, 4:50 a.m.

Beowulf#6663 posted (#post-80503)

Not trying to defend the model, I personal hate it and is the reason i stop playing WoT, i'm just trying too see where there coming from and why they would want to try this, in my mind awful, business model. I may not like it but i can see why they would want to experiment with it to see if they can make it work.

I hope they move away from it, however I also need to take what your saying with a grain of salt since i have yet to log in too see myself how it works because lets face it people go to forums to complain and these forums don't seem to be too active so i have no idea if it is this bad or if it's just a lot of belly aching on your part. Since you seem rather knowledgeable on this i doubt you are but still.

I wasn't saying you were defending the model. I was explaining the point you're missing which is also being missed by those people. Sorry for not being more celar with how I worded that. Wasn't an easy point to be trying to make.

Also, I appreciate both your willingness to give the benefit of the doubt, AND your desire to make your own mind up about the system. Very admirable on both counts.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 19, 2016, 7:07 a.m.

Odin#5262 posted (#post-80172)

Survii#8019 posted (#post-80024)

Fvck off Odin

Watch your language youngster.We dont agree,get over it.No reason to be rude.
(I am enjoying that title pretty much,Dreadnought fan boy yeah)

Stop typing like you are five and responding to everything with gifs. The point is, I have followed 2 games from very promising beginnings to release and one of them was rushed, leaving out lots of key features we were promised, and one that completely flopped and has less than 20 players at any given time.
The community for both these games was vocal, but not in uproar like the Dreadnought community. It doesn't take God to foresee how badly Dreadnought will die on release if Greybox keep ignoring the community

Dec. 19, 2016, 8:24 a.m.

I returned to this game after a couple of months break and managed to get 9 more friends to join. So far we have a mostly positive attitude towards this game.
Sure there are a lot of bugs, some are really annoying. First of all, T4 getting by "mistake " into the game with T1, that needs to be prohibited. The second bug that gets you stuck in the loading screen of the match especially if you try to get in the game with a squad.
Bugs aside core game mechanics are really great every ship class has its purpose and therefore team that has better coordination wins like in MOBA games. I especially like ship customization and energy management. So We don't agree that this game has no feature in fact we all think that this game has great potential especially as a Esport competitive type of game.
There are a lot of work to be done on this game but I wold like to see introductions of clans and some sort of clan oriented content during beta test just to give some competitive elements. Also and a probably most important suggestion is to make this game more transparent for beginners. There should be lot more tutorials and much more transparent stats for weapons especially (add numbers for range simple graph. lines are confusing for new players). At this point game is confusing for most beginners and therefore they quit and start giving this game bad rep. Also it would be nice to have better minimap and map in total with ping potential like other games have.
All in all, the game is great, and hopefully development will pick up on its momentum in the new year.

Dec. 19, 2016, 8:52 a.m.

am relatively new to this game, and i play alot of other games and am decent player,, but here i find it hard to make credits and matchmaker is just brutal, love the game play i know its beta but this game seems like work,, not fun, meh will stick around a lil while longer,, but matchmaker is just harsh,, keep having to fght above my tiers

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.