FORUMS

KNOWN ISSUES & BUGS: Operation Meltdown and Beyond

Posted: //
Dec. 19, 2016, 5:53 p.m.

Updated //
Jan. 3, 2017, 10:29 a.m.

Greetings Captains!

Throughout the Closed Beta, we're going to be keeping track of persistent issues, as well as common ones that you guys point out. Now that you all have Progression 2.0, please focus your testing on our newer features.

I'll continue to update this thread as we make updates to the game and as the community uncovers more issues. QA would like to thank all of you for your invaluable feedback, suggestions, and bug reports.

Please use the bug reporter and these forums, and remember that every bit of information helps QA and CS help you. Make sure you provide as much information as you can in your reports, every little bit will help us be able to track it down.

Last, but not least, please provide make and model when reporting an issue related to keyboards, mice, etc. The same applies when using SLI configurations, overclocking, and any other modification that may not be universally supported by games or the vendors themselves. This extends to ultra-wide displays, standard multi-display setups, and mix-matched multi-display setups (varied resolutions).

Be on the lookout in your emails and for replies from Customer Support here in the forums if you have submitted a bug, because we may need your help with that issue.

Additionally, gather screenshots, and video evidence of any issue relating to spawning incorrectly, not being able to spawn, the resetting of your Captain data (GP, FreeXP, Credits, Rank, etc.) and then collect your game logs at C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\DreadGame\Saved\Logs. Submit a detailed report, including information about what your internet connection is (ethernet cable or wi-fi) and your average download and upload speeds are to Customer Service so they can work with QA to tackle these frustrating issues.

http://support.greybox.com/hc/en-us.

COMPATIBILITY ISSUES

• Users with Windows 10 may experience game crashes if they do not have Windows Media Player or Internet Explorer installed. This is not a Dreadnought-specific bug, but it is a known issue.

DREADNOUGHT Known Issues

Launcher/Install

• HTTP client Transport Failure error appears during download on the launcher. Just give it a second and the download will resume without affecting your download.
  • Launcher does not currently have proper messaging if there is not enough disc space. Please ensure you have 11GB or more disk space free.
  • If you get a “Missing Global Shader” or “No COOKED content was found” message, that is due to your graphics card that does not support DX11.
  • P2P, HTTP, and P2P/HTTP settings don't properly save.

Stability

• Users may experience stuttering during gameplay, which can potentially be resolved by closing the Launcher.
  • The loading screen animation may freeze when loading into a match.
  • At the end of a match, the game may freeze/hitch momentarily.
  • Currently AMD CPU/GPU users may experience frame rate issues. We are working to ensure all hardware works well running Dreadnought. Please ensure your AMD graphics drivers are up to date, as they recently released official driver support for Dreadnought.
  • Players may experience heavy lag after extended play with the Tech Trees.
  • Alt+tabbing during any animation, loading screen, or transition may cause client crash and computer restart needed. If players experience this issue, please contact Customer Support with video, screenshots, DreadGame logs, and possibly DxDiag.

Outpost

• Social buttons cannot be accessed while the Market is up in 21:9 aspect ratio.
  • Social buttons can overlap Marketing item tooltips in 21:9 aspect ratio.
  • Squad member ranks all appear the same (same as the user). This is a universal issue.
  • Sometimes the wait for the match to start will take awhile after already finding a match.
  • Various grammar and spelling errors are present throughout the Outpost, Market, and Hangar. Dreadnought is an international effort, and as such there will be issues along the way.
  • Switching between loadouts fast may result in an unpopulated hangar. Your ship loadouts are fine, just no ship model. (You really have to try)
  • Switching between fleets while in a matchmaking queue does not change the ship that you can see. Players must select a ship to view it.
  • Already equipped ships in the “Add to Fleet” prompt are not greyed out and misordered.
  • Tier 2 Ships may have Secondary Weapons listed in the Perimeter Module slot.

Shop

• Purchasing using Online Banking and SEPA are not currently available.
  • GP purchases may not update immediately. Play a match or relog to resolve the issue.
  • Currently, players cannot convert XP from any Premium/Hero Ship to Free XP.
  • Tier 4 Koschei does not earn Ship XP once it’s achieved Veteran status.
  • Credits, GP, FreeXP, Rank, and other Captain data may be zeroed out. This may occur when returning from a match or when you first log in. Please attempt to exit and log back in to resolve this issue.
  • After researching an item and immediately queueing for a match, the Fleet Selection will not display updated Ship XP. Don’t worry, your researched item is still valid!
  • XP Conversion screen may appear misaligned.

Gameplay

• There are some inconsistencies that can occur when aiming at an enemy next to geometry.
  • In the Tutorial, there are certain actions that can be incorrectly bypassed; which may lead to instructions remaining on the screen.
  • Third party LED keyboards or headsets may cause input or lag issues.
  • International (Non-US) keyboard may have functionality issues.
  • Unable to reply to whispers while in a match, yet able to receive messages.
  • Late-joining at the Orbit/Match transition will often lead to no skybox and other lighting related visual issues.
  • Pulse modules can interrupt regeneration of energy and health, even for friendlies.
  • Tactical Cruisers with Emergency Evac may still trigger an infinite invisibility bug. Emergency Evac in Tier 5 ships may also create soft crash.
  • When scrambled, users can regain their HUD by pressing F key.
  • Latency issues are abound, and manifest in many different ways for users. Weapons, movement, and respawning can and will be affected by high latency. (Servers are in Dallas, Texas at the moment)
  • Certain ships may be able to fire an extra shot at the beginning of reloading.
  • Spamming the Spacebar may cause player’s ships to become invisible and unresponsive. The current workaround is to either sit through it or exit the game, however players will still receive Maintenance costs.
  • During matches, audio may stutter, sound static, or become gurgled.
  • Players may experience a soft crash when loading into Red Sands.

UI

• Matches resulting in a draw are not counted toward statistics.
  • GUI and HUD does not scale properly when running at 21:9 aspect ratio.
  • At 4:3 resolutions, the loading Screen will show overlapping text.
  • Chat window may not open, or chat will not initialize when first entering orbit or at the end of match.
  • Some Contracts are either incorrectly tracking statistics or are not tracking statistics at all. In addition, Contracts may not be available to some players who surpass the level requirement.
  • Occasionally, the Market may appear empty. This is usually due to changes made on our backend. There is also a link with this issue and slow internet speeds, which will result in some time for the Market to populate.

Settings

• Keybinding doesn't always apply properly or will not bind at all.
  • AZERTY Keyboards cannot use Abilities. There has been a long standing issue with UE4 NOT fully supporting AZERTY. However, there are some fixes for changing bindings in ini. files. Thanks to user Snib, the workaround is done by manually editing this file (might have to rebind something first for it to get populated):
    C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\DreadGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Input.ini
    For your 1,2,3,4 issue on AZERTY just add this in:
    m_localInputKeyMappings=(actionName="TriggerAbilityOne",Key=Ampersand,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
    m_localInputKeyMappings=(actionName="TriggerAbilityTwo",Key=E_AccentAigu,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
    m_localInputKeyMappings=(actionName="TriggerAbilityThree",Key=Quote,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
    m_localInputKeyMappings=(actionName="TriggerAbilityFour",Key=Apostrophe,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=False,bCmd=False)
    If you wanted to use actual 1,2,3,4 your keyboard you'd have to set bShift=True in the above.
  • Additional buttons on gaming mice may not be key bound.
  • Upon a connection lost/disconnect resulting in logging back in, login information may not be saved.
  • When login information is saved, the default field is still "Email Address", not "Password".
  • Enabling the DX12 option will cause the game to crash after the intro video. If you have already done this, please navigate to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\DreadGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\ and edit GameUserSettings line DN.DirectX12=1 to DN.DirectX12=0 and save the file. Alternatively, you can delete GameUserSettings, but this will revert all of your settings to default. Once either of these steps are taken, you can relaunch Dreadnought and it will work.

Multi-GPU

• New AMD CrossFire profile for Dreadnought added for DirectX® 11! Please try it out and report any issues.

G-Sync and FreeSync

• Dreadnought may experience minor flickering in game menus or gameplay while using AMD FreeSync technology. Please try it out and report any issues.

VR

• Oculus Rift will initialize when launching Dreadnought. Oculus Rift is not supported.

I would like to remind everyone that this list is not exhaustive, but reflects the most commonly reported issues.

Thank you to all of our users, especially those who have taken the time to actively post on the forums to help others and provide us with detailed information. You are valuable to Greybox, SixFoot, and Yager, as we do our best to provide the world with the best experience possible.

Live QA Representative

Dec. 19, 2016, 5:59 p.m.

Please add to this list that dx12 100% does not work and all users should avoid from trying it as it crashes on startup and the configuration files may not be easy to find for everyone.

Dec. 19, 2016, 6:24 p.m.

It has been added to the list.

Corang#5190 posted (#post-80710)

Please add to this list that dx12 100% does not work and all users should avoid from trying it as it crashes on startup and the configuration files may not be easy to find for everyone.

Live QA Representative

Dec. 19, 2016, 9 p.m.

Alt+Tabbing at the moment matchmaker finds a match will cause the game to freeze and become non-responsive.

"If I seem unnecessarily harsh and uncaring, it's only because the world made me this way." - Rex Talon

Dec. 20, 2016, 2:13 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 20, 2016, 2:14 a.m.

The game keeps dropping /switching to desktop it is unplayable at the moment. any help or advice to fix it?

Dec. 20, 2016, 2:48 a.m.

staron#4945 posted (#post-80792)

The game keeps dropping /switching to desktop it is unplayable at the moment. any help or advice to fix it?

never mind fix it

Dec. 20, 2016, 5:56 a.m.

bear in mind that i have horrible memory and forget alot but i figured i'd try and write up a list of all the currently 'known' issues missing from this list: (mostly just the ones i could confirm right now, not including any lag or hard to spot ones)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FFqObLvUMMa4qNEBhmCCJxkbC3eXHSsoyIUn3FKgyfs/edit#heading=h.bswyipd47tzl

World of dreadnoughts ftw!

Dec. 20, 2016, 6:29 p.m.

Thank you very much, thedeath! We'll be sure to verify and update the list soon. smile

Hope to see you in battle!

thedeath#8178 posted (#post-80882)

bear in mind that i have horrible memory and forget alot but i figured i'd try and write up a list of all the currently 'known' issues missing from this list: (mostly just the ones i could confirm right now, not including any lag or hard to spot ones)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FFqObLvUMMa4qNEBhmCCJxkbC3eXHSsoyIUn3FKgyfs/edit#heading=h.bswyipd47tzl

Live QA Representative

Dec. 20, 2016, 6:34 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 20, 2016, 6:36 p.m.

DN_DivumVexillum82#9674 posted (#post-80709)
- When scrambled, users can regain their HUD by pressing F key.

Uninstalling the game now

I always thought it was a bug that its scrambles the HUD as well. gg, easy win module

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

Dec. 20, 2016, 6:39 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 20, 2016, 6:41 p.m.

This forum is still not letting me quote like I want to, and now my post is gone

When scrambled, users can regain their HUD by pressing F key.

I'm uninstalling the game now,
I always thought it was a bug that its scrambles the HUD as well.
Merry Christmas

*edit, I havnt tried scrambler module after 2.0, is it still disabling the energy wheel?

Still gonna uninstall until the game is fixed though ^^

Blue Vengeance - Deutscher Multigaming Casual Clan

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.