FORUMS

Progression has to be changed

Posted: //
Dec. 20, 2016, 8:29 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 20, 2016, 8:30 a.m.

It takes too long to get the ships we want, especially if it's the monarch. This grinding has to stop. I don't want to play a multiplayer online shooter with so much grind. It's da-mn frustrating to be stuck with ships we don't like and we don't care about for ages. At least, we should be able to start with the ship we really want, having a certain time to try them all before that and then grind for the less important ones if you absolutely want to keep this progression system as it is. But please give us something worth from the beginning.

Repair costs are just too much as well. Seriously, how did it end up to that?

PS: 'Da-mn is an invalid word? Seriously?

Dec. 20, 2016, 9:19 a.m.

Saluzar#3267 posted (#post-80937)

PS: 'Da-mn is an invalid word? Seriously?

Well it must be along with other stuff like Cr-ap, Su-cks, Da-ng, HeII they must be aiming at a toddler player base but for the life of me I can not understand why. Toddlers have no money and by looking at the terrible progression system and the overwhelming pay-to-win implementation, I can not understand what the fk the developers are thinking.

Its almost like they are purposely trying to make every aspect of the game as controlling as possible, while ignoring the fact that most first person shooter players have a severe problem with any type of authority or control over them. They must have slept through game design 101 when they were teaching about the different types of player personalities.

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

Dec. 20, 2016, 9:42 a.m.

But that frustration of not having the ships you want makes you want to pay for elite status to get the one you want. Right? RIGHT???

Dec. 20, 2016, 10:19 a.m.

LTEDan#8730 posted (#post-80961)

But that frustration of not having the ships you want makes you want to pay for elite status to get the one you want. Right? RIGHT???

In spite of how many players are continuing to do so, I don't think the devs have realised that "walking away from the game" is a valid option for the vast majority - even the big fans like me who REALLY want to see the game do well.

Also, the game is rated "Teen" which includes anyone as young as 13, and given that age bracket, it's probably sensible to limit the use of even relatively tame "offensive" language. Personally, I think it's silly, but some parents consider it a big deal when their kids are exposed to the kind of language they hear in school on a daily basis anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 20, 2016, 11:09 a.m.

Saluzar, I just want to point out that the Jutland has some issues in this iteration, and T4 ships are slower than pre patch, not the best Dread out there currently.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 20, 2016, 12:27 p.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-80971)

In spite of how many players are continuing to do so, I don't think the devs have realised that "walking away from the game" is a valid option for the vast majority - even the big fans like me who REALLY want to see the game do well.

Agreed. I'm still holding out but it seems that the devs are banking on the negative feedback being tied to only old payers who lost access to their favorite ship. It's like the devs think new players have never played a similar style game before and will have no bias towards a favorite class, so restricting some of the ship classes is not a big deal because new players are new to gaming, but the devs are here to guide you along their narrow vision of how the game should be played!

I'm hoping that all of the negative feedback from new players will wake them up to the fact that their current system does suck, it's not just salty vets that are angry.

Dec. 20, 2016, 4:44 p.m.

is there actually anyone, who thinks current progression system is good except devs? I have yet to see someone, who likes current iteration of progression.

Dec. 20, 2016, 5:11 p.m.

ManiaCCC#0403 posted (#post-81031)

is there actually anyone, who thinks current progression system is good except devs? I have yet to see someone, who likes current iteration of progression.

By listening to this FanBoy talk https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/users/142523393314027412/ I am inclined to think he is in full support of the current system. But heII he don't care one way or the other, he coughed up his $40 bucks on a closed beta game and goes around sealclubbin noobs.

Dec. 20, 2016, 6:44 p.m.

And by calling a witch hunt on him you'll clearly make the game better and improve the community feedback.

Dec. 20, 2016, 6:57 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 20, 2016, 6:58 p.m.

Theobald#3611 posted (#post-81046)

And by calling a witch hunt on him you'll clearly make the game better and improve the community feedback.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck........

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.