FORUMS

Dola weak?

Posted: //
Dec. 21, 2016, 3:48 p.m.

I guess the real question is simply, which is the better "Destroyer", and by that which is the better ship for taking down other ships. I am pretty good at aiming, and decent at timing energy usage. I just dont wanna grind away at a line that wont be competent in battle.

Dec. 21, 2016, 5:20 p.m.

In my opinion they are all good but shine in the right situations, a ramming Vindicta can usually one shot most ships, the Vigo can flank and go in, has the best range dps because of its fast projectiles and the Blud is just the straight to the face I will dps you down destroyer (can also be played as a warp + nuke build because it is tough enough).

I personally like Dreadnoughts and will get all three, so I can choose the right one for the situation I am in, which usually depends on the ships of my and the enemys team.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 21, 2016, 6:23 p.m.

So ive been trying to use the Dola today and i just cant do well in it. The damage is absolute cra.p, it is too slow to get out of harms way. Last match I had a tier TWO destroyer kicked my a.ss and i landed each shot, i just could not get out of his line of sight and my primary fire was just not strong enough even at close range....I do not understand what this thing is good at

Dec. 21, 2016, 6:29 p.m.

The Cush#3677 posted (#post-81502)

So ive been trying to use the Dola today and i just cant do well in it. The damage is absolute cra.p, it is too slow to get out of harms way. Last match I had a tier TWO destroyer kicked my a.ss and i landed each shot, i just could not get out of his line of sight and my primary fire was just not strong enough even at close range....I do not understand what this thing is good at

Yeah I wasted my 1st large sum of credits on the Dola to. Just a complete disappointment, like so many other aspects of this game.

-----Tier 5 Ohkta Pilot-----Tier 5 Invictus Pilot-----Tier 5 Athos Pilot-----
-------------------------Fully Researched Tier 4 Fleet------------------------
-------------------What the @#$% are you talking about?----------------

Dec. 21, 2016, 6:49 p.m.

I wish there was a ship line or even a ship that stood out for me, something that was just fun to play.

Dec. 21, 2016, 8:32 p.m.

So i found a ship i am thoroughly enjoying, the Nav. It is basically exactly what I was looking for in a ship. It can take a beating, it dishes out immense damage, and isnt a complete t.urd in maneuverability.

Dec. 21, 2016, 8:46 p.m.

The Cush#3677 posted (#post-81534)

So i found a ship i am thoroughly enjoying, the Nav. It is basically exactly what I was looking for in a ship. It can take a beating, it dishes out immense damage, and isnt a complete t.urd in maneuverability.

It has the weakest but longest ranged guns of the Dreadnoughts, it will get a lot slower with the higher tiers.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 22, 2016, 7:52 a.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-81539)

It has the weakest but longest ranged guns of the Dreadnoughts, it will get a lot slower with the higher tiers.

Even if that is true I still do quite a bit of damage with primary fire, and I feel if you arent swapping to secondary guns in close quarters you arent doing it right. Secondary fire I feel is where the real damage and power of the dreadnought class comes in. Also I will point out I own both morning stars and the trident and the Nav does more damage with its primary fire than all 3 of those

Dec. 22, 2016, 10:18 a.m.

The Cush#3677 posted (#post-81817)

Even if that is true I still do quite a bit of damage with primary fire, and I feel if you arent swapping to secondary guns in close quarters you arent doing it right. Secondary fire I feel is where the real damage and power of the dreadnought class comes in. Also I will point out I own both morning stars and the trident and the Nav does more damage with its primary fire than all 3 of those

The Nav is the Morningstar. Same ship. And yes, the Trident primary guns are bugged. They deal very low damage.

The secondarys are the way to deal damage on Dreads, thats correct.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 22, 2016, 11:01 a.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-81833)

The Cush#3677 posted (#post-81817)

The Nav is the Morningstar. Same ship. And yes, the Trident primary guns are bugged. They deal very low damage.

The secondarys are the way to deal damage on Dreads, thats correct.

Except the morning star has poopy tractor beam, and I honestly feel like I do significantly more damage with the nav. Any way you can post a comparison between the dreadnoughts?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.