FORUMS

Dola weak?

Posted: //
Dec. 5, 2017, 10:31 p.m.

I found that the Dola needed modules to do decent damage. If you are not using missles and torpedos then you will get creamed. As I recall it comes with module regenerator which renews its modules quickly, but you can't use it very often.

Some of my worst games, and some of my best. The best were always accompanied by a tac on my tail and me in the thick of things.

Dec. 7, 2017, 2:59 p.m.

Dola with tac support can be an absoulte good time, but even solo, the Dola can be fun to play as long as you have realistic expectations. You are going to trade ship for ship more often than not. Closing range is IMPERATIVE in the Dola, wether you do it with the jump module or power to thrusters (and yes, getting to that 1200m sweet spot is important). The jump is for getting INTO trouble, NOT getting out. I tend to run mine with missiles, torpedos, weapon boost and module reset. When you fly it, you have to think like a slow corvette: Going toe to toe with a full HP dread is not smart. Getting cought with all your modules offline is very bad. Officer briefings above the 101's are critical. The ideal situation is to close on an unsuspecting destroyer (tac, arty) who is trying to kill something else. Close range with power to thrusters, launch missles and torps, weapon boost and shred. Reboot modules on weapon boost cooldown and repeat missles and torps as needed. If all this went well, immediately manuver into cover/heals range and repeat when your hull is no longer on fire. Most important, look at enemy team composition when you are in que. If it's all T4, flying the Dola may not be ideal. If a bunch of T2's got pulled to their side, get after them. Still working on unlocking the Blud, we'll see if I still like the hull then.

Dec. 7, 2017, 5:51 p.m.

Dola was buffed recently , now it is monster imo , at least compared to what it was 2 months ago

Dec. 7, 2017, 7:06 p.m.

That makes much more sense then... I started at the beginning of the thread and I'm just thinking "this does not jive at ALL with my experience" but as they say, individual milage may vary.

Dec. 8, 2017, 2:42 a.m.

As i recall they buffed her optimal range and projectile spread . Before buffs you had to get below 1200 m to do any damage . Now it start to pump serious damage around 2500m and it get even higher as you get closer

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.