FORUMS

Open Beta wipe, what happens to us?

Posted: //
Dec. 21, 2016, 1:38 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 21, 2016, 1:39 a.m.

A wipe makes sense. However, what doesn't make sense, is this stupid grind wall. I've finally (19h+ playing on a ship I hate!) Gotten my Koschei, just to find out it was all for nothing because soon we get a wipe. I don't want to spend another 19h playing an arty just to get my ship. I don't want to get extremely annoyed farming all the d_mn ships for officers briefings again. I don't want to waste my time farming on terrible t3 ships and wasting a lot of time buying every single module is this poorly designed tech tree.

So what's in it for us? I rather uninstall again and close this chapter for once and for all, than going through this again.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Dec. 21, 2016, 3:57 a.m.

Yet another reason for supporting the petitions asking for significant changes to the grind?

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/37192/
https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/33237/

If successful in pushing the devs to actually realise things need to change, the grind might not be as harsh and/or game-breaking by the time we move to open beta

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 21, 2016, 5:41 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 21, 2016, 5:45 a.m.

Wait were getting wiped? My drive to play suddenly plummeted.

So what exactly is the point in paying for elite status

Dec. 21, 2016, 6:20 a.m.

This is also a great example on why to toss out the Tech trees. This man has spent a total 19 hours grinding an ARTILLERY just to unlock a Koschei, A Heavy Tactical Cruiser class ship. This makes no sense in the slightest in any way possible. How does learning how to lead a target with a shell-based explosive prepare you for a beam-type weapon/support that effectively tracks with the purpose to heal? There is no science, whether sci-fi or real life, that can explain this.

Also a grand example the grind itself. Even without maintainance present, your looking at an ungodly amount of credit grind.

Here's some basic numbers: A game is roughly 10~15 minutes after a 3-5 minutes waiting (on a GREAT day), Lets take the highest amount, the max game i have been in is 20 minutes, but we'll use 15. A 15 minute game and a 5 minute lobby wait. That's 20 minutes, standard on a good day.

Now I do not know the EXACT numbers for every ship and module. But i do know this: Majority of players get an average of 1,400 - 1,600 credits and maybe around 1,900 - 2,300 exp on a single ship on a WINNING match if you are in the top 5. Again these numbers are an estimation from experience in game. Now, i don't know the cost in R (research) or C (credits) to get from T.1 - T.2, or the R to get from T.2 - T.3. The C to get from T.2 - T.3 is 24,000. THAT in itself is 9-10 WINS, just to buy the SHIP, not the modules in between. Using the 20m Standard stated above, this would take AT LEAST 200(3.33 hours) minutes if they were al wins, longer if they were losses. That in itself is 3 hours, just to buy the ship itself.

T.3-T.4 R is 65,000 with C at 100,000. With this, it is an average of 66.6 or 67 WINS, more for losses, just for CREDITS for the ship alone. Obviously you need to buy modules tht match ur ships Tier just to stand a chance. These 67 WINS would rack up about 140,700 in R, so that should cover the ship with some to spare. T.3 Modules cost an average of 6,500-8,500 R per module. With having to buy 10 modules just to get the T.4 Artillery, he would need 65,000-85,000 R (which the 67 wins provides). These 67 Wins would take 1,340 minutes (22.3 Hours)

The above math does not figure in Elite status at all. Also remember that this time is VERY rough figured, there is much room for error but I am not a mathematician so please go easy on me for it. ALSO, this does not include MAINTENANCE, the nightmare-fuel of Dreadnought. Without Elite, and rough calculations, it would take approximately 25.6 hours just to go from T.2 to T.4. Just to be able to unlock the path to the Akula Vektor's FIRST Tactical Cruiser class ship, not actually unlock the ship itself. Just the tree that leads to it.

Long story short.... DITCH THE D@MN TECH TREE! IT'S ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR ENTIRE PLAYERBASE ALONE TO UNINSTALL. SHOULDN'T TAKE AN ENTIRE DAY JUST TO GET A CLASS UNLOCKED.

Dec. 21, 2016, 8:24 a.m.

Yeah I have to admit I was playing pretty hard for a week and then I started getting charged for maint, modules and ships are insanely priced and now that I'm hearing its all going to be wiped for beta... I just don't have that much drive to play.

(Ive had my account for a bit over two weeks now)

Dec. 21, 2016, 8:46 a.m.

Well we are testing the system and giving feedback about it, things can change a bit(not entirely) by open beta. I'm sure they will address a little more on research prices and such since ya know it's always a top post.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Dec. 21, 2016, 11:02 a.m.

Shocknfunk#5058 posted (#post-81436)

things can change a bit(not entirely) by open beta.

With how much things have already changed during beta so far (and how much BETTER they were BEFORE the big changes), I'm still hoping there's a big change. Easiest way for the devs to make positive change at this point would be to un-make the progression 2.0 changes.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 21, 2016, 1:16 p.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-81453)

Shocknfunk#5058 posted (#post-81436)

things can change a bit(not entirely) by open beta.

With how much things have already changed during beta so far (and how much BETTER they were BEFORE the big changes), I'm still hoping there's a big change. Easiest way for the devs to make positive change at this point would be to un-make the progression 2.0 changes.

I'm not gunna hold my breath for that even with the petition. As much as I enjoyed pre patch I've found some descent enjoyment overtime with 2.0. Could be because I can't spend any money on other games since it's holiday season.

I did get into the closed beta for Cloud Pirates and that starts today so who knows.

you won't escape my Frightning bolts!!!

Dec. 21, 2016, 1:32 p.m.

Kandicaine#0425 posted (#post-81416)

Wait were getting wiped? My drive to play suddenly plummeted.

So what exactly is the point in paying for elite status

Anything that you have purchased such as Elite status, Founder Packs and GP. Will be returned to your game account once we wipe the system. Which means any GP that you have purchased and used, will be accessible to use again.

Dec. 21, 2016, 7:32 p.m.

Anything that you have purchased such as Elite status, Founder Packs and GP. Will be returned to your game account once we wipe the system. Which means any GP that you have purchased and used, will be accessible to use again.

So what does that mean with the Elite status that all founders get upon open beta? If we bought Elite in game, after being told we would have it from buying founder in Open Beta, do they stack together? Or does the instance with the highest duration apply and cancel the others out? For instance, I bought the Hunter Pack, which gives you 7 days of Elite Status when Open Beta hits. Now if I were to buy 30 days of Elite status now to help with the grind, would that 30 days be added to teh 7 days already promised at Open Beta, or would the 30 days trump the 7 and cancel the 7 out?

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.