FORUMS

Open Beta wipe, what happens to us?

Posted: //
Dec. 21, 2016, 8:03 p.m.

I hope improvements will be made to stability in the open beta. It's too laggy in match at the moment.

Dec. 22, 2016, 8:13 a.m.

This means we pretty much have to restart this entire grind wall afterwards, which gives us a big fat NOPE in our faces. When we were told we would get 2 resets, we didn't think it would be this bad, it was 1.1 after all. The grind was not that bad at all and playing was fun.

Now I have to grind for ~20 to 30 hours just to be able to get to the fun part of the game, then I'm only halfway done for my first ship!...

If in the Open Beta I have to farm this much again, I will not bother. I don't have 10 hours to play each day. I'm gone for work ~10.5h a day and next to that I have a family. This was doable in 1.1, not in 1.3+.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Dec. 22, 2016, 10:52 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 22, 2016, 10:56 a.m.

Nyxborn#5578 posted (#post-81423)

This is also a great example on why to toss out the Tech trees. This man has spent a total 19 hours grinding an ARTILLERY just to unlock a Koschei, A Heavy Tactical Cruiser class ship. This makes no sense in the slightest in any way possible.

The same man,would spent almost the same amount of time,to get the same ship,before the new progression tier system.Cause koshei was unlocked at higher Captain lvl anyway.
I will have to agree though about having the ability to unlock ships as Koshei,Dola,Jutland etc,from alternative paths on progression/manufacturers tree.

"The First Of His Name"

Dec. 22, 2016, 11:27 a.m.

A lot of you seem to be missing the point of a Beta. We are meant to be testing the game. If you thought you were going to get a leg up on new players when it goes live you have seriously missed the point.

Yes the grind is not fun and does need some serious attention but that is what we are here for. Tell them!

Why is being killed so much easier than killing?

Dec. 22, 2016, 3:32 p.m.

If you bought the founders pack - your 30 days of elite status start upon reset.

If you already bought an elite status now, in beta -- you had to buy GP first. That GP will be refunded to you, and you can buy more elite status to tack onto the end of the 30 days you already got, or you can buy something else.

Nyxborn#5578 posted (#post-81509)

Anything that you have purchased such as Elite status, Founder Packs and GP. Will be returned to your game account once we wipe the system. Which means any GP that you have purchased and used, will be accessible to use again.

So what does that mean with the Elite status that all founders get upon open beta? If we bought Elite in game, after being told we would have it from buying founder in Open Beta, do they stack together? Or does the instance with the highest duration apply and cancel the others out? For instance, I bought the Hunter Pack, which gives you 7 days of Elite Status when Open Beta hits. Now if I were to buy 30 days of Elite status now to help with the grind, would that 30 days be added to teh 7 days already promised at Open Beta, or would the 30 days trump the 7 and cancel the 7 out?

Dec. 22, 2016, 8:28 p.m.

When is the open beta wipe?

Dec. 22, 2016, 9:08 p.m.

Severant#1087 posted (#post-81926)

When is the open beta wipe?

We do not have a current ETA for when the wipe will happen.

Dec. 23, 2016, 2:06 p.m.

Nyxborn#5578 posted (#post-81509)

Anything that you have purchased such as Elite status, Founder Packs and GP. Will be returned to your game account once we wipe the system. Which means any GP that you have purchased and used, will be accessible to use again.

So what does that mean with the Elite status that all founders get upon open beta? If we bought Elite in game, after being told we would have it from buying founder in Open Beta, do they stack together? Or does the instance with the highest duration apply and cancel the others out? For instance, I bought the Hunter Pack, which gives you 7 days of Elite Status when Open Beta hits. Now if I were to buy 30 days of Elite status now to help with the grind, would that 30 days be added to teh 7 days already promised at Open Beta, or would the 30 days trump the 7 and cancel the 7 out?

You'll be refunded any GP spent.... regardless of what you spent it on, you'll get it back to buy again or buy something else. From what I can infer from staff response, any elite time awarded via packs will be reset on account once wipe occurs. End result...any gp spent is refunded to be respent again, any elite time given via packs will be reset. So if you bought elite time with gp, you won't get the elite time re-added, you'll instead get the GP to re-buy said elite time again or something else as you desire.

Dec. 24, 2016, 1:24 a.m.

Probably adding up, because you're specifically allowed to have both founder packs according to the buy page, but not more than one each.

Nyxborn#5578 posted (#post-81423)

This is also a great example on why to toss out the Tech trees. This man has spent a total 19 hours grinding an ARTILLERY just to unlock a Koschei, A Heavy Tactical Cruiser class ship. This makes no sense in the slightest in any way possible. How does learning how to lead a target with a shell-based explosive prepare you for a beam-type weapon/support that effectively tracks with the purpose to heal? There is no science, whether sci-fi or real life, that can explain this.

Yes it does, you just don't like it because you're looking at the game like a standard MMO and a standard MMO player.

The devs don't want you to play only one well-built and well-played ship, they want you to play a FLEET, in which you have more than one role of ship and more than one ship, to balance your own team on the fly and adapt to the enemy line-ups and loadouts.

The majority of players only want to play one class, with one specific build, and complain about balance instead of adapting as intended and logical.

See the whole "Corvettes are OP" debate for example, more than half of it is players not wanting to play counter-corvettes or tactical hunters, and asking for a sure way for artilleries to defend against their own counter.

Probably it was not happening already in the pre-shipyard state of the game.
Everyone should start to consider the devs are not stupid, but have their own design for the game, and it's possible it doesn't suits you, but that's not because they're on the wrong path - they're on their path and they know their job, a job nearly no one on a forum knows anything about.
And no, having seen a truckload worth of films doesn't make you an inspired amateur director.

Dec. 24, 2016, 1:25 a.m.

Loon#9240 posted (#post-81853)

A lot of you seem to be missing the point of a Beta. We are meant to be testing the game. If you thought you were going to get a leg up on new players when it goes live you have seriously missed the point.

Yes the grind is not fun and does need some serious attention but that is what we are here for. Tell them!

+1

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.