FORUMS

What are the point of the Hero Ships?

Posted: //
Dec. 21, 2016, 8:14 p.m.

From what I can see I paid for a ship that doesn't give me any bonuses. I don't earn more money at the higher tiers and I get experience on the ships I play that I can't use.

so why did I pay money for a ship that doesn't do me any good?

Not trying to be snarky, but maybe there is some benefit that I'm not seeing

Dec. 21, 2016, 8:20 p.m.

Severant#1087 posted (#post-81531)

From what I can see I paid for a ship that doesn't give me any bonuses. I don't earn more money at the higher tiers and I get experience on the ships I play that I can't use.

so why did I pay money for a ship that doesn't do me any good?

Not trying to be snarky, but maybe there is some benefit that I'm not seeing

Currently they are lacking some use, they started as skins, but this feature is currently locked to T5, starting with patch 1.3.1 you could convert the XP via the use of GP to free XP, but thats either bugged or disabled too. So they are not that useful currently. But I think this will change sometime, especially the "skin" part for lower tiers.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 22, 2016, 3:44 a.m.

Right now they are useless.
Would be nice if they had a daily bonus to give free xp for one or two matches

Dec. 22, 2016, 4:28 p.m.

Yea, something useful would make me feel better about the purchase. As of right now I just feel like I wasted my money besides the little warm spot for supporting the game. But they really should have given a legit description of what hero ships provide (nothing) since a lot of people see the model and expect to get something that works kinda like world of tanks premium tanks.
just seems a little deceiving on their part for not making it clear what it is they are.

Dec. 22, 2016, 7:39 p.m.

Yep. Right now they aren't worth buying

Dec. 23, 2016, 11:29 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 23, 2016, 11:30 a.m.

I had the same question, I grabbed one of the founders packs when they game was first announced and have 4 hero ships but don't really see any point in using them. World of Warships had premium ships but they served a purpose as you could level up your ship officers in them and they earned bonus credits.

In dreadnought we don't have officers and they don't earn bonus credits, and given that you can't change their loadout they're basically worse than the regular ships in that respect.

Dec. 24, 2016, 5:31 a.m.

The hero ships are T4 ships that you can use immediately; they are intended as a way to quickly get into endgame. However, they are designed with a sub-optimal loadout so as to avoid the whole "pay to win" argument; they are still decent, but not as good as what you can get by putting in the time to unlock the base ship.

You used to be able to use the cosmetics of the hero ships on a ship of the same type prior to Progression 2.0, but this ability was removed due to the different tiers of ships looking different (and presumably, using the hero ship parts would be able to mask what tier your ship was).

Dec. 26, 2016, 6:05 p.m.

Repeat after me: M- M- M- Moar Moneh!

"Don't worry captains! We've heard your feedback and are steering away from the giant storm we were heading towards!"
-"HUZZAH!"
"Instead we're aiming for these jagged rock formations over there!"
(<_<" )

Jan. 23, 2017, 12:46 a.m.

would be nice for a Credit increase for damage done with Hero ships. seeing as right now the credit grind is a bit over kill...

Not all peaceful nations are incapable of fighting, and with such brutality that they would terrify the gods themselves.

Feb. 22, 2017, 8:16 p.m.

I read somewhere on the forums today that since the Hero ships come Fully Researched they gain the normal bonuses for a fully researched ship, supposedly +10% Credits and XP.

That and cosmetics.

In the immortal words of Socrates: "I drank... What?"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.