FORUMS

F1-F4 keys, let them TURN OFF the ability too

Posted: //
Dec. 23, 2016, 12:42 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 23, 2016, 12:43 a.m.

It makes no sense why you can't turn off the ability with the same key. Just make the F keys a toggle.

Dec. 23, 2016, 1:38 a.m.

Press E? Idk but I've bound the energy off to my mouse? I actually bound all of them.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Dec. 23, 2016, 3:16 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 23, 2016, 3:19 a.m.

NO.

The current layout is ideal and I completely disagree with the toggle feature.

In the heat of battle I frequently will press the energy key I want more than once sometimes inadvertently, sometimes just to affirm it was pressed and active. A double tap.. A second confirmation press just to be certain.

I don't want a scenario where I'm toggling the selection and lose track whether it's on and turning off, or if it was off and turning on. Sure it seems simple but when you are distracted by the other things in the battle I want my choice to be what it is intended.

Having it toggle will drive me crazy and make me have to pay more attention I do not have time for.

Pressing the energy key of choice should ONLY be to activate it no matter how many times it is pressed. That's why you have an additional "off" selection.

I can ONLY agree to a toggle feature IF and only IF it is optional to the standard layout, rather than a replacement.

Dec. 23, 2016, 3:21 a.m.

Using the E key is so dang annoying because the range to reach areas you need is super tiny and most of the time never actually activates the section I WANT because of either a strange delay on release or lag attributing to it. A dev who popped into my stream said I can double tap E to turn them off, well, had he never shown up, I never would have known as this is something not mentioned anywhere in the tutorial or even as a key prompt in controls or anything.

Dec. 23, 2016, 3:25 a.m.

Updated //
Dec. 23, 2016, 3:29 a.m.

The Energy wheel is terrible IMO for fast engagement. I don't use the energy wheel, that's why I mapped all the keys where I wanted them. I have all the energy wheel buttons mapped individually to mouse and keyboard. Engine, Weapon, Shield, and Off buttons are close and easy to engage. No issues and no desire for a toggle feature with respect to the dilemma I proposed in my previous post. Optional toggle sure, complete change to the current way, No.

Dec. 23, 2016, 6:10 a.m.

That's why you can rebind the energy off feature to another button or mouse.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Dec. 23, 2016, 10:23 a.m.

F1 - F3 to activate the THERE ARE ONLY THREE energy settings, and F4 to cancel. So you don't need to remember/check what you turned on, you just hit the "cancel" button.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

Dec. 23, 2016, 11 a.m.

obliviondoll#5677 posted (#post-82135)

F1 - F3 to activate the THERE ARE ONLY THREE energy settings, and F4 to cancel. So you don't need to remember/check what you turned on, you just hit the "cancel" button.

Exactly,as obliviondoll said.You can cancel energy consumption with F4.

"The First Of His Name"

Dec. 23, 2016, 11:38 a.m.

You can also cancel by just tapping the E key.

We're still dominating Captain! But, just barely.......

Dec. 23, 2016, 12:02 p.m.

B4DD4WG#3816 posted (#post-82147)

You can also cancel by just tapping the E key.

Unless u combine tapping the E button with accidental move of your mouse. smile
The problem with the energy wheel imo is that its a bit more sensitive than it should be.

"The First Of His Name"

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.