FORUMS

Sell ships

Posted: //
Dec. 23, 2016, 4:51 a.m.

Is there currently an option for selling ships and modules?
Cant seem to find one

Dec. 23, 2016, 5:25 a.m.

Hi Midkraft,

That's currently not an option but we are already working on that! Soon it will be possible to sell owned ships for credits.

Good hunting!

Senior Community Manager, Europe "Everything Is A Nail. All You Need Is A Hammer."

Dec. 23, 2016, 5:56 a.m.

Thanks for the fast reply, that is very enjoyable to experience in a beta test ^^ (and unfortunatly rarely happens)
I am very pleased to hear that it is in development smile

Dec. 26, 2016, 11:22 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 26, 2016, 11:23 p.m.

I don't see any reason to sell ships in this game. I'm astonished to see resources devoted to adding that in the game. You always need low level ships because of the maintenance costs.

Dec. 27, 2016, 12:51 p.m.

Theobald#3611 posted (#post-83151)

I don't see any reason to sell ships in this game. I'm astonished to see resources devoted to adding that in the game. You always need low level ships because of the maintenance costs.

Transition tiers T1 and T3 are ships you won't need anymore, and elite-status offsets maintenance costs.

Recruit Engineer

Dec. 27, 2016, 8:32 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 27, 2016, 8:34 p.m.

No reason to sell ships!? LOL.

Maybe you need to wait till you get to the part where you are forced to WASTE over 200k to buy 2 different classes of ship unrelated to the class you want

You want the Vindicta Light Destroyer? Well I hope you want the Tier 2 and 3 TAC as well as the Tier 3 and 4 Vettes because you'll be forced to buy them 1st even if you'll never play them for one second.

Don't dismiss those that want to sell all the possibly useless (to them) "tree transition ships" that are needed to unlock specific classes that are stuck behind lateral tree progression behind completely unrelated ships.

Sooo, ya, I'd have to say that I'd love to be reimbursed to some degree where multiple ships were crammed down my throat and spend those creds where I really wanted to I the first place.

Dec. 27, 2016, 9:13 p.m.

Herosupport#3506 posted (#post-83108)

I have no kind words to say about this post the poster and the first responders response other then this your post is a symptom of either human error(match payout calculations got entered wrong/reversed) or leadership that will drag dreadnought into history has another failure.

selling ships in its current system is counter intuitive to players playing down giving new players faster queues having access to all the ships you have unlocked will allow players to play down when ever they want to what ever reason they do.

Can you put that in english?

Dec. 30, 2016, 11:49 p.m.

DamnTheseVoices#5710 posted (#post-83500)

No reason to sell ships!? LOL.

Maybe you need to wait till you get to the part where you are forced to WASTE over 200k to buy 2 different classes of ship unrelated to the class you want

You want the Vindicta Light Destroyer? Well I hope you want the Tier 2 and 3 TAC as well as the Tier 3 and 4 Vettes because you'll be forced to buy them 1st even if you'll never play them for one second.

Don't dismiss those that want to sell all the possibly useless (to them) "tree transition ships" that are needed to unlock specific classes that are stuck behind lateral tree progression behind completely unrelated ships.

Sooo, ya, I'd have to say that I'd love to be reimbursed to some degree where multiple ships were crammed down my throat and spend those creds where I really wanted to I the first place.

This.

"Remember kid, there's Heroes and there's Legends. Heroes get remembered, but Legends never die."

Dec. 31, 2016, 11:57 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 31, 2016, 11:58 p.m.

1- Yeah, THIS. Why the frack would you sell a so hard earned ship for a fraction of its price ?!

2- That would exactly be the opposite of one of the main design decision of the core game, so that will never happen. You're meant to have a diverse fleet, full stop.

Jan. 1, 2017, 12:01 a.m.

Jawayne#8001 posted (#post-83470)

Transition tiers T1 and T3 are ships you won't need anymore, and elite-status offsets maintenance costs.

Tier 1 ships are gratuitous, what do you want to be given money of ?!

Tier 3 ships have both lower maintenance than tier 4 and are allowing you to have alternate builds of a tier 4 ship (slightly faster and somewhat weaker but still) that can change your role in a game. So, there's a use.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.