FORUMS

@Devs, RE: Progression wipes

Posted: //
April 26, 2016, 4:50 p.m.

Soo.. on stream they said there might be progression wipes, due to alpha stuffs... but it seemed really up in the air or they weren't really sure...

They also mentioned that things you pay money for will stay!

My question is kinda a.. 'should I bother buying elite status PRE release (the founders pack 30 days elite status doesnt kick in till whenever that is), in order to level up faster.... or will that be a waste?'

Because.. arguably, I paid money for an xp boost so would I keep the xp I 'paid for' in essence?

Anyways! Any clarification on that would be appreciated.

April 26, 2016, 5:01 p.m.

They said elite status won't be available during the closed beta.
Also I think with "will stay" they meant you get back what you bought after the final wipe.

April 26, 2016, 5:52 p.m.

Wyvyrias#8434 posted (#post-24082)

They said elite status won't be available during the closed beta.
Also I think with "will stay" they meant you get back what you bought after the final wipe.

This is accurate. If we have to perform a complete wipe, any and all purchases you make would be immediately re-entitled. Keep in mind we are just now going into Beta - it is likely that certain systems could drastically change to improve the Dreadnought experience for all players. It's definitely in the back of our heads when it comes to giving players access to spending money on Elite Status (plus, we're expanding and/or modifying the offerings!)

Michael "cult" Carlock

Producer on Dreadnought

April 26, 2016, 6:49 p.m.

good to know awesome BETA

April 27, 2016, 12:55 a.m.

Updated //
April 27, 2016, 12:56 a.m.

@DN_cult Will you guys try your best to reward players with the currency/progression they already earned such as a typical HiRez beta or will earned currency/progression be wiped with little regard?

Trying to get a solid answer before considering putting in time then have progression wiped and being burned out.

(Made this post because I feel like your previous one was towards premium purchases.)

April 27, 2016, 2:06 a.m.

Yea... this is more what I was asking... obviously anything bought with IRL money would be perm.. but what about the grindy parts?

Ty#1799 posted (#post-24158)

@DN_cult Will you guys try your best to reward players with the currency/progression they already earned such as a typical HiRez beta or will earned currency/progression be wiped with little regard?

Trying to get a solid answer before considering putting in time then have progression wiped and being burned out.

(Made this post because I feel like your previous one was towards premium purchases.)

April 27, 2016, 6:31 a.m.

During the alpha I got to the max level like 2 or 3 times. I did not get anything nor would I need anything.
So no, whether you invest your time in progress that's getting wiped or not is your decision. You won't get any extras.

April 27, 2016, 7:58 p.m.

Updated //
April 27, 2016, 8 p.m.

Wyvyrias#8434 posted (#post-24208)

During the alpha I got to the max level like 2 or 3 times. I did not get anything nor would I need anything.
So no, whether you invest your time in progress that's getting wiped or not is your decision. You won't get any extras.

Well, you did get something. You got knowledge and experience. smile

April 27, 2016, 8:14 p.m.

LazloeLonghair#7036 posted (#post-24573)
Well, you did get something. You got knowledge and experience. smile

Yeah, but as I wrote, no extras.
Experience is always included.
Well, usually.

April 29, 2016, 4:59 a.m.

So I didn't get the answer from the support. sad...

So I try it here....

Will there be a final wipe (after closed beta)?

If yes, when?

Please answer this questions. There are many out there, including me, who want to know this.

Thanks in advance.

Greetz

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.