FORUMS

Founder's Pack Compensation

Posted: //
April 27, 2016, 8:52 p.m.

Hey All,

I bought into the Founder's Pack with one of the selling points being that I get to play 48hours before the Closed Beta Test. Due to the delays on getting servers up I believe that all founder's pack purchases are due compensation for the lost time. Not to mention those of us that stayed up expecting servers to come online at 12am and took the day off work.

April 27, 2016, 10:18 p.m.

Wait, so your saying a program being beta tested isn't running perfectly?

Seriously, the problems are annoying that they are part and parcel of being involved in beta testing a program.

April 27, 2016, 10:41 p.m.

I paid for a service and that service wasn't delivered as advertised.

April 28, 2016, 12:33 a.m.

Updated //
April 28, 2016, 12:56 a.m.

The "service" you bought was access to beta test and incomplete, and possibly bug riddled product for which the services will likely be up and down and on a scheduled, and unscheduled basis.

The devs said they planned on allowing the earlier access to the servers starting at around 9am CST, and they were brought up within a couple hours late, from what I saw, which is better then many games at full release. If you just assumed it would be available at midnight that's not there fault.

Also they never said 48 hours, they said 2 days, and 46 hours meets that requirement.

April 28, 2016, 2:30 p.m.

Much as I would like to defend the launch of a game in Closed Beta, accessing the game is still unreasonably hard. I have been trying it on and off for two days starting from yesterday and still haven't been able to log in. First of all - the Launcher doesn't seem to Launch the game. But, you know, that's cool, I can navigate to the game directory and just try to run the correct exe file from the Binaries folder. However every single time I tried to sign in I received the message "Unable to connect to the server. Try again in a moment.". I'm not going to ask for my money back, but I do believe this is an issue that needs to be resolved. The servers are either ridiculously unstable, unprepared to handle the load of even just the Founders joining in, or something else entirely.

April 28, 2016, 2:51 p.m.

I clicked a link via an email advert.
I landed on a purchase page which again had no mention of an incomplete product. In fact it states even in it's FAQ on the purchase page that I get a 2 day head start with NO mention of possible service interruption. Based off that I am missing 25% of what was advertised, plain and simple.
https://gyazo.com/54d58516d8c02789b56b365341625d9e

I bought and paid for a product and during that process has no mention of services possibly not being delivered in full as promised nor is it covered in the Terms of Service.

April 28, 2016, 2:55 p.m.

Updated //
April 28, 2016, 2:58 p.m.

Even on Steam when you buy into an Early access it has a warning "INCOMPLETE PRODUCT" Bugs and other issues etc. etc.

No such disclaimer here. Huge legal problem for them. I'm simply asking for in game credit for lost time. Imagine if a class action law suite came out of this?

Ever wonder why wow and other companies give game time compensation after long service outages? Same reason.

Selling an incomplete product without disclaimers is very risky business.

April 28, 2016, 3:46 p.m.

Updated //
April 28, 2016, 3:48 p.m.

Desy#1728 posted (#post-25046)

I clicked a link via an email advert.
I landed on a purchase page which again had no mention of an incomplete product. In fact it states even in it's FAQ on the purchase page that I get a 2 day head start with NO mention of possible service interruption. Based off that I am missing 25% of what was advertised, plain and simple.
https://gyazo.com/54d58516d8c02789b56b365341625d9e

I bought and paid for a product and during that process has no mention of services possibly not being delivered in full as promised nor is it covered in the Terms of Service.

So your math is terrible.

There were 6 components, and one of them was PARTIALLY short of what you expected.

Not to mention the beta as a whole is going to be months, so that 48 hours is a small part of part 6.

So you're looking at missing maybe 3-5% of what you paid for.

Let's take a peak at the actual ad.

http://i.imgur.com/EFkV10Z.png

In the ad, you actually don't see any direct mention of the early access to the beta. That shows that it's certainly not one of the primary selling points. It's just something that pops up when highlighting the beta point. It's a small bonus for one of the points.

Here's a list in the faq of what the pack contains, same faq you got your shot from.

http://i.imgur.com/iFv9dvk.png

Again, the actual point is the beta access.

Even in your screenshot, that's actually the answer to when you get access to beta, showing it's a little piece.

Yeah, you can be peeved that it's taking awhile for a lot of people, and they were a little slow to start, but that's within reason of participating in a beta. If you don't have the common sense to know what you're getting into by buying participation, and then go and make a huge strawman argument framing your issue as a much larger part of the whole, you're just going to be dismissed, and any legitimate complaint ignored. You're reaching.

Edit: clarity/spelling.

Despise Corvettes if you must. Crush them underfoot, by all means. But do not ignore them. Battlefields are littered with the wreckage of Dreadnoughts whose crews ignored Corvettes.

April 28, 2016, 4:39 p.m.

Good Rebuttal minus the insult thrown in about math smile

How do you justify the lack of transparency with the late start as being "Scheduled Maintenance" and what would you say to very eager folks who took the day off work to get in and play?

Also how do you justify Hero ships STILL being unavailable to a large percentage of the Founder base?

Access is directly mentioned, it being a mouse over or in an FAQ doesn't make it any less relevant to what you are purchasing. Again 12-13 hours late. If you ordered a movie on PPVTV for 48hours and didn't have access to it for the first 13 requiring you to wait that would be unacceptable. Why should the games industry be held at a lower standard than other businesses?
5 Hero ships are also directly mentioned and still not accessible to a bunch of people.

April 28, 2016, 5:09 p.m.

Maybe they could delay the Closed Beta launch by a few hours, so you get your money's worth! smile

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.