FORUMS

Founder's Pack Compensation

Posted: //
April 28, 2016, 5:18 p.m.

I had access 2 days in advance. It might be down right now, but I still had access 2 days in advance. Entitlement with regards to betas is getting really old, but it is bound to happen with every game.

April 28, 2016, 5:24 p.m.

Desy#1728 posted (#post-25046)

I clicked a link via an email advert.
I landed on a purchase page which again had no mention of an incomplete product. In fact it states even in it's FAQ on the purchase page that I get a 2 day head start with NO mention of possible service interruption. Based off that I am missing 25% of what was advertised, plain and simple.
https://gyazo.com/54d58516d8c02789b56b365341625d9e

I bought and paid for a product and during that process has no mention of services possibly not being delivered in full as promised nor is it covered in the Terms of Service.

Sorry but the fact that it's a beta test should tell you it's an incomplete product, after all the whole purpose of beta testing is to test the current product to find out what problems there are.

April 28, 2016, 5:30 p.m.

It's a closed beta. You may had paid your way into being a tester. But that is all you are, A TESTER. You are not a paying customer. You paid to work for them. A tester puts up with all the errors. This is a TEST this is what it is for. So, would you kindly, shut up?

April 28, 2016, 6:07 p.m.

You guys are lucky you actually managed to get into the test in the first place. Like I said, my game just alternates between not being able to launch and not being able to sign in.

April 28, 2016, 6:35 p.m.

Harkonis#9343 posted (#post-25215)

I had access 2 days in advance. It might be down right now, but I still had access 2 days in advance. Entitlement with regards to betas is getting really old, but it is bound to happen with every game.

EXACTLY!

People jump into beta, and even alpha tests and then instantly start whining the moment everything isn't perfect, it's pathetic.

April 28, 2016, 6:36 p.m.

People just like raging on the interwebs over nothing.

April 28, 2016, 6:51 p.m.

We were aware there may be some minor downtime on launch day and that a portion of the offerings for Founder's Packs was the 2 day "head start" on access. The late start on Wednesday was indeed less than ideal and we are looking into our process to make sure we are more buttoned up next time. We're sorry for any pain this has caused and know that often for game launches people skip work, stay up late, etc to get in as soon as everything goes live.

Reparations for this downtime can be found in the 99.99% off SALE the Shop has, where every item in the game (including cosmetic options) are essentially free during this Pre-CBT period. These items will return to their normal prices at official launch of Closed Beta on Friday when the floodgates truly open, so this is an exclusive present for everyone in the game now.

The team realizes we have sort of painted ourselves into a corner, however, due to the late start on Wednesday. Do we launch the service on Friday at the same time (around 3pm CDT-ish) and give everyone who already has access a full 48 hours? This would create a HUGE problem for everyone getting into the Closed Beta tomorrow, and we'd be making the same mistake twice.

We are going to get the service live for everyone as quickly as possible Friday morning, meaning there will be less than a full 48 hours of exclusive access if you logged in the moment the servers when live on Wednesday.

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

April 28, 2016, 8:05 p.m.

MOAR NEWBS TO SHOOT AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!

I mean..

Ehem...

I think its perfectly fine of you to open the floodgates as early as possible on Friday morning. Yes, that is what I meant.

April 28, 2016, 8:11 p.m.

I have never seen someone whine over something so trivial, shut up and eat your humble pie.

And you actually took time off from work LMAO!

April 28, 2016, 10:03 p.m.

Harkonis#9343 posted (#post-25215)

Its not an entitlement when you pay for, its an owed service. If this were a key or something you got for free, sure your logic works. But they advertised a set product and didnt deliver. Beta or not, that is a no no.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.