FORUMS

Founder's Pack Compensation

Posted: //
April 28, 2016, 10:40 p.m.

What you paid for was a chance to beta test the game before it's available to everyone and still in early stages of development. Beta testing means there will be problems. If you are upset that the game is not 100% playable then you don't have a clear understanding what beta testing means and that is not Greybox's fault OR their problem.

April 29, 2016, 12:21 a.m.

WhskyTangoFxtrot#7242 posted (#post-25317)

I have never seen someone whine over something so trivial, shut up and eat your humble pie.

And you actually took time off from work LMAO!

$40.00 paid for a service is not trivial. If it was free, no worries. Happy to test. But paid service with no disclaimer and services no delivered....

And now with further login issues. Not looking good at all...

April 29, 2016, 12:29 a.m.

Desy#1728 posted (#post-25530)

WhskyTangoFxtrot#7242 posted (#post-25317)

I have never seen someone whine over something so trivial, shut up and eat your humble pie.

And you actually took time off from work LMAO!

$40.00 paid for a service is not trivial. If it was free, no worries. Happy to test. But paid service with no disclaimer and services no delivered....

And now with further login issues. Not looking good at all...

What part of "Beta Test" don't you understand?

April 29, 2016, 12:44 a.m.

Updated //
April 29, 2016, 12:56 a.m.

You've gotten everything from the pack except the early playtime. (If your ships haven't arrived, contact support through a ticket not a post, as a solution to this issue has been found and I can personally confirm having the issue solved)

The staff have acknowledged their fault and compensated players for it with the sale, so all you're personally out is the time you lost that they didn't REQUIRE you to take off.

Game has had good uptime outside of the past few hours from player flood, so while I feel for you if you took time off nobody MADE you do so.

Take responsibility for your choices and either play once the servers are stable, or refund and leave.

See you on the battlefield, hopefully.

April 29, 2016, 12:45 a.m.

Updated //
April 29, 2016, 12:57 a.m.

Desy#1728 posted (#post-25165)

Good Rebuttal minus the insult thrown in about math smile

How do you justify the lack of transparency with the late start as being "Scheduled Maintenance" and what would you say to very eager folks who took the day off work to get in and play?

Also how do you justify Hero ships STILL being unavailable to a large percentage of the Founder base?

Access is directly mentioned, it being a mouse over or in an FAQ doesn't make it any less relevant to what you are purchasing. Again 12-13 hours late. If you ordered a movie on PPVTV for 48hours and didn't have access to it for the first 13 requiring you to wait that would be unacceptable. Why should the games industry be held at a lower standard than other businesses?
5 Hero ships are also directly mentioned and still not accessible to a bunch of people.

That wasn't an insult, it was factual. You failed to count to 6.

Also, all of your complaints are addressed in the EULA. You don't like it, you shouldn't have bought it. This is the standard for ALL digital goods. There's a reason why all of this would never even make it inside a court room, and it's because you already tossed it all by making an account and agreeing. All of your arguments are based off of purposeful ignorance, you feel by ignoring the EULA and the actual agreement you made when you purchased and made an account, it just doesn't matter? "No one reads that anyways" isn't a real excuse when you're throwing around the verbiage you are.

Let me just go ahead and post some images from the EULA easily accessible on the site before purchase.

http://i.imgur.com/9aSZSJm.png

This covers all the complaints about access to services, including game servers.

http://i.imgur.com/zMuQhUq.png

And this covers what you actually "own" (which is nothing)

This is all super standard stuff in every single online game.

Despise Corvettes if you must. Crush them underfoot, by all means. But do not ignore them. Battlefields are littered with the wreckage of Dreadnoughts whose crews ignored Corvettes.

April 29, 2016, 12:59 a.m.

Just out of curiosity if someone purchased a game that was done Beta testing and the game was scheduled for release Monday at Midnight should you want be compensated if technical difficulty prevents play until a few hours later than the advertised release time? Should you give your parents $10 when you show up late to thanksgiving dinner? Maybe my date should provide me some compensation when she's 10 minutes late meeting me for dinner. They offered access to the "Beta Test" which by it's very definition is going to be imperfect. This is the legacy of 30 minutes pizza delivery. Everyone thinks they are owed something the moment that clock strikes 30 minutes and 1 second.

April 29, 2016, 1:04 a.m.

Scotterpop#2225 posted (#post-25563)
Should you give your parents $10 when you show up late to thanksgiving dinner?

I should scam my daughter with that one.

April 29, 2016, 1:15 a.m.

How long will the founders pack be on sale for???

http://thelocclan.com/forum.php

April 29, 2016, 11:48 a.m.

XoXoTALONoXoX#0853 posted (#post-25573)

No idea, though I'd assume at least through the beta, probably up till and including a window in launch, but that's a complete guess.

Despise Corvettes if you must. Crush them underfoot, by all means. But do not ignore them. Battlefields are littered with the wreckage of Dreadnoughts whose crews ignored Corvettes.

April 29, 2016, 11:49 a.m.

Kiyasu#4483 posted (#post-25980)

XoXoTALONoXoX#0853 posted (#post-25573)

No idea, though I'd assume at least through the beta, probably up till and including a window in launch, but that's a complete guess.

Ding ding ding!

Sean McIntosh
Dreadnought Community Manager

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.