FORUMS

Nox Artillery cannon is a Free Kill

Posted: //
April 27, 2016, 10:55 p.m.

if your a small ship you basicly have a free kill on this ship. It's secondary weapons cant even hit a ship close to it. its primary weapon kills ALL SHIPS in 6+ hits depending even the tiny ones that are suppose to have Low HP can take a direct hit at close range for 20ish % of there HP. they can dish out the killing blow long before you could kill them at close combat.

This FREE KILL thing makes it unbalanced as the Cruser class ships have more than enough speed, stealth, and firepower to take out a NOX without even risking there life.

I want to hear your opinions on this ship and if you feel the same way.

April 27, 2016, 11:08 p.m.

yea its pretty bad i used it didnt like it .

April 27, 2016, 11:10 p.m.

In English, please.

April 28, 2016, 1:20 a.m.

Eh, I'm maintaining a 3.00ish KDA at the moment with it. Is the damage a hair underwhelming? Perhaps, but I only have problems with the really good Corvettes. So far I'm finding dive to be my friend. Hit 4, shield up, fletchet missiles, and snipe away at close range. I win some and lose some, but corvettes should win that engagement most of the time. The main thing is to not tunnel vision. Watch for the corvettes, position well, and you should be fine.

April 28, 2016, 3:25 a.m.

As far as defense I can't agree enough. It is a literal glass cannon. In the four hours or so I spent last night learning the game, I practically never managed to escape a light ship flanking me.

This was in part because my team were too dumb/inexperienced to consider I might actually need assistance though. The aiming reticles seem VERY off for the flak cannon though. I stopped looking at it because it doesn't reflect reality in the slightest when a light ship passes you.

April 28, 2016, 8:36 a.m.

The Nox is a hit and run ship, if you stop moving, you get in trouble. If a small ship can charge you without you attacking him, you have a problem. You essentially need to stick with your fleet and provide support fire, if you get attacked, run! If you cannot run, shield and pray. Some ships cannot tank damage and need to run away to a distance they shine at or come back when they do not have the enemies attention.

Flaks are tricky, they have a rather slow travel time plus they need to detonate and have a very short range, so yes manual leading is needed and checking the range, with your colour coded reticule (or knowing the range), is too.

Recruit Engineer

April 28, 2016, noon

I actually like the Nox. I've found its main job is to be very, very annoying. It fires rapidly. It forces all ships to shield, and forces Corvettes to either flee or rush it. It's incredibly fast, and can run away from anything, including warping Dreadnoughts and Destroyers.

It does not do a lot of damage. It does not survive really well. It's like caffeine for your team. It's oh-so-frequently that I find myself in the crosshairs of the entire enemy team, flying a Nox. Meanwhile my team is tearing them to shreds one-by-one, and our Tactical is wondering why he doesn't have anything to heal. Heck, the Nox is almost like a Tactical in its support capacity, just becaues it's so distracting. If your team is good, the Nox will make them great. If your team is poor, you will crash and burn in funny ways.

April 28, 2016, 5:42 p.m.

I also find sniper ships a bit underwhelming and it's gonna need some more loves. I could see a great potential with it in a hands of an oriented team. But so far, I just haven't seen a single good sniper yet, and it's probably the least ship that I feared. I don't know, probably people are still getting a grasp in the game.

That being said, I kinda interested in flying one of these ships anyways, which out of all arty cruiser do you guys find the best?

April 28, 2016, 5:48 p.m.

Updated //
April 28, 2016, 5:49 p.m.

Lymark#6524 posted (#post-25230)

I also find sniper ships a bit underwhelming and it's gonna need some more loves. I could see a great potential with it in a hands of an oriented team. But so far, I just haven't seen a single good sniper yet, and it's probably the least ship that I feared. I don't know, probably people are still getting a grasp in the game.

That being said, I kinda interested in flying one of these ships anyways, which out of all arty cruiser do you guys find the best?

The Nox, I cannot stand the non turreted weapons of the other two. The heavy has really ugly firepower, more than 10k in one salvo with some perks, but is squishy, slow and of course has to point its nose at its target. The Svarog is the tankiest and most versatile, but again, no turrets annoy me. =D

Recruit Engineer

April 28, 2016, 5:50 p.m.

As far as I have seen every nox I encounter in my corvette perishes in 5 seconds...
Sure some dive down, but by then my torpedos have caught up to him anndd
BOOM

The choices of our ships shouldnt be linear upgrades, they should be overhauls of the ship's playstyle

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.