FORUMS

Nox Artillery cannon is a Free Kill

Posted: //
April 30, 2016, 10:28 p.m.

I quite like my Nox.

I've found that it performs best, not as a sniper, but as a mobile harasser against heavier targets. Bomb catapult is a wonderful addition to this role, as it can do a decent amount of damage over a rather large area, and if nothing else is great for suppression tactics.

Stick slightly behind and above/below a heavier ally, and use your mobility to prevent runners from getting away. Your main guns do pretty decent sustained damage, and I'm finding that other pilots tend to underestimate your threat when there's a dread or destro right next to you.

Corvettes are another matter, but they are kinda the hard-counter to arty, so it makes sense that they'd be a Nox's biggest threat. Just another reason to have that nearby teammate. Though, if you're paying attention, you can make them really regret a careless approach.

May 1, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

I feel like my use of armour hardeners on the Nox is a bit silly. Seems to work better for me than diving though. And as the saying goes, "if it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid".

Also light flak has pretty nice range, and can be a solid deterrent for Corvettes if you want the Nox to be a bit more survivable. You need to keep your eyes on the scanners though.

I agree with Athurio about it being a great platform for harrasing enemies - it's actually similar-ish to the Corvette role in some ways. Although, I don't find it's as vulnerable to 'vettes as other Arty. It's possible to build it into a pretty decent ant-Corvette ship, and use your "primary" weapon as a way to draw their attention to yourself rather than as a primary offensive tool.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

May 1, 2016, 10:52 a.m.

I originally criticised this ship, but watching my brother frequently get +5 K-Ds, I've rescinded; I simply played them too aggressively.

They absolutely require support and team vigilance against corvettes, but that's kind of the point. I'm tired of games giving up on squad tactics in favor of lone player positive experience.

Sword, Shield and Funeral Pyre.

May 13, 2016, 1:41 a.m.

Lymark#6524 posted (#post-25230)

I also find sniper ships a bit underwhelming and it's gonna need some more loves. I could see a great potential with it in a hands of an oriented team. But so far, I just haven't seen a single good sniper yet, and it's probably the least ship that I feared. I don't know, probably people are still getting a grasp in the game.

That being said, I kinda interested in flying one of these ships anyways, which out of all arty cruiser do you guys find the best?

when I played at PAX and as I am seeing now; The Svarog is my arty of choice. its main cannon isn't turreted, but I deal out enough damage and maneuver fast enough that it doesnt matter too much to me.

May 15, 2016, 2:06 p.m.

I find quite the opposite is true. I'm the most successful killing corvettes in the nox than any other and surviving the encounter.

Corvettes usually appear behind you or to the side so really this is the only arty that can shoot at it with the main gun.

If you use armor the instant they start shooting at you, go into engines NOT shields and get away while either firing off your missiles or catapult, it will force the corvette to run. Once your armor runs out, switch to shields instead of engines, and they should be far enough away that you can peg their remaining health with the main gun. Or they will die outright from the catapult bomb. If they launch torpedoes, missile pulse at the last second. Try it out.

The really good corvettes still get me though :/ but those are like 1 in 10.

May 15, 2016, 5:30 p.m.

I tend to go shields and use my anti-missile pulse when I get attacked by a corvette - this usually deals with the burst they're trying, then going to flak secondaries to repel them, then poking them with the main turrets till get the message smile

Of course if I have my stasis missile and I can land it my chances of actually taking him down improve smile

... but if there's more than 1 corvette OR a guy that knows what he's doing I'm just a sitting duck. Quack.

That said - I like the Nox. A lot.
It's a highly mobile sniper capable of shooting in pretty much ANY direction perfect for getting tactical cruisers out of cover, "shoot and scoot" actions and to annoy people - and take them down if they refuse to take you seriously.

Dreadnought was
Dreadnought could be
Dreadnought might
But what is, is Dead for naught.

May 19, 2016, 2:08 a.m.

Updated //
May 19, 2016, 2:08 a.m.

I actually find the Nox being a hard counter to corvettes. this is especially so with rapid fire.

May 19, 2016, 6:41 a.m.

Stop talking about artillery cruisers pls , they are useless atm

( ノಠnಠ )ノ ︵ ┻━━━Dreadnought ): ━┻

May 19, 2016, 6:46 a.m.

DTDlizard#7387 posted (#post-35273)

bursts out laughing

I recall one match vividly where I was piloting a Nox and being cursed loudly by the other team for being "too effective" and "broken" ..... because I was using my mobility to zip around the map poking them out of their siege positions and taking out their tac - and any one of them foolish enough to break cover without forcing me into cover.

Arty cruisers are a little more dependent on their team, true - then again, this is a team game where supporting each other counts for more than individual performance.

Dreadnought was
Dreadnought could be
Dreadnought might
But what is, is Dead for naught.

May 19, 2016, 6:57 a.m.

Thunderchild#1995 posted (#post-35277)

DTDlizard#7387 posted (#post-35273)

bursts out laughing

I recall one match vividly where I was piloting a Nox and being cursed loudly by the other team for being "too effective" and "broken" ..... because I was using my mobility to zip around the map poking them out of their siege positions and taking out their tac - and any one of them foolish enough to break cover without forcing me into cover.

Arty cruisers are a little more dependent on their team, true - then again, this is a team game where supporting each other counts for more than individual performance.

Lol who said most of PUG players play as a team?

( ノಠnಠ )ノ ︵ ┻━━━Dreadnought ): ━┻

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.