FORUMS

Internal error

Posted: //
April 28, 2016, 7:34 p.m.

ABORT: Assertion Failed (AsyncSocket -> AcceptHandle = =
INVALID_SOCKET
Already accepting socket (windows\asyncsocket.c/710)

Is anyway else getting this Error?.
Im running on windows 10, gonna try a few things before i call it quits

April 30, 2016, 7:27 a.m.

I've done a full clean of my pc. the only thing that seems to be broken for me on windows 10, is the launcher itself... Unless someone else has a better idea on what this error means, and maybe a way to fix it. :-[

May 4, 2016, 1:04 p.m.

Updated //
May 7, 2016, 8:46 p.m.

bump.

May 8, 2016, 5:37 a.m.

My only suggestion is to try running the launcher in compatibility mode if possible. Not sure if that's an option on Windows 10.

May 16, 2016, 2:21 p.m.

PuppyFur#6006 posted (#post-32659)

My only suggestion is to try running the launcher in compatibility mode if possible. Not sure if that's an option on Windows 10.

This still dont work. and from what it looked like its trying to open it more then once. maybe crashing it b4 it can open. or something like that.. Nothing i've done works. and the only idea i can think of is a windows reinstall :/

May 16, 2016, 6:25 p.m.

If you try and launch the game from the batch file (%programfiles(x86)%\Grey Box\Dreadnought\DreadGame\Run_MmogBrain.bat), does that change anything? From my understanding the launcher runs the bat file, and the bat file just passes some arguments to the executable (such as client version and IP address of the server)

If you check the logs in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DreadGame\Saved\Logs is there any additional context? Do you see the error logged there as well? Is there any other context to the error, or is this it?

When you say that it seems like it's opening the executable more than once, what is that observation based on? Do you actually see 2 of the same application running in task manager, or, purely based on the error message? How about any messages in the Application Event Viewer logs at the time of the crash?

Also, do you know what you did (or, happened to the game / OS) between the time it worked, and the time it was broken?

I would be inclined to open a ticket with support so they can try and help diagnose the issue, and include anything you think may be of interest to them (like system specs, prolly the output from dxdiag, prolly those logs from %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DreadGame\Saved\Logs as well )

You may also try some unorthodox things such as: (read: shots in the dark -- My least preferred method of troubleshooting)
- If you have more than 1 monitor, unplug all but the main one to see if it launches correctly.
- If you run the game, you should only see a single instance of the game running (maybe yours is launching 2 sessions?) Try killing the second instance and switching focus to the first.
- Disable any additional sound devices that are not in use (Like HDMI connections)

Here are my system stats just for comparison:
Windows 10 Pro
Intel i7 4790K
16GB Ram
GeForce 780 SC (Driver version: 365.19)

There are also some settings in roaming (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DreadGame) which you may want to try cleaning out if your going to attempt re-install again. (I would keep a backup copy so you can see what's different, and report the bug, also, the logs are in there, and support might want that)

Hopefully something there helps you, if not, you can try running dxdiag and posting the data, and I can at least compare to mine to see if there are any differences, or some additional log data.

Cheers, and GL!

Manually Setup Dreadnought to work with Steam
Snib's 100% unsupported Automagic Steam Launcher App

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.