FORUMS

Server Downtime Warnings

Posted: //
April 28, 2016, 8:04 p.m.

Really there needs to be more than a roughly 2 second flash message that servers are going down in less than 5 minutes. What should be done is there should be Warnings at 1 hour, 30 minutes, 20 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes, and each minute after 5 minutes till shut down. This is what Arena Net did with Guild Wars. Let everyone know ahead of time and give them periodic reminds. Yes this is still a beta which is why Im giving this as a suggestion not a gripe.

April 28, 2016, 8:07 p.m.

not only more warning but more than a 2 second flash, is there even a way to bring up that announcement box?

April 28, 2016, 8:09 p.m.

Mcdotterson#1784 posted (#post-25311)

not only more warning but more than a 2 second flash, is there even a way to bring up that announcement box?

Yeah, What exactly did it say? How long is it down? I really didn't get a chance to read it. Just saw it for half a second.

April 28, 2016, 8:10 p.m.

There was a warning at roughly 10 minutes, then one right before the shutdown.

Personally I don't care, at least at this stage of the game. Matches last 10 minutes, and yield 200 FP max. I didn't lose progress, I can go do something else in the meanwhile. Like post on the forums.

April 28, 2016, 8:10 p.m.

So much this

April 28, 2016, 8:12 p.m.

Mantissa#4322 posted (#post-25314)

There was a warning at roughly 10 minutes, then one right before the shutdown.

Personally I don't care, at least at this stage of the game. Matches last 10 minutes, and yield 200 FP max. I didn't lose progress, I can go do something else in the meanwhile. Like post on the forums.

That's fine and all, but I basically just launched the game and got that message. So very confusing for someone in my position.

April 28, 2016, 8:13 p.m.

Details are here:

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/4116/

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

April 28, 2016, 8:14 p.m.

Maintenance details are here:

https://www.greybox.com/dreadnought/en/forum/topic/4116/

Christian Svensson
Chief Operating Officer, Six Foot

April 28, 2016, 8:17 p.m.

However, what I really want is a big banner on the launcher that says "SERVERS DOWN" or "SERVERS UP."

Additionally, a predicted time until the servers might be back up would be convenient. Though I know server maintenance can take anywhere from an hour to several days.

I'm surprised Dreadnought doesn't use cloud server instances? Maybe this is for a patch.

April 28, 2016, 8:19 p.m.

Mantissa#4322 posted (#post-25323)

However, what I really want is a big banner on the launcher that says "SERVERS DOWN" or "SERVERS UP."

Additionally, a predicted time until the servers might be back up would be convenient. Though I know server maintenance can take anywhere from an hour to several days.

I'm surprised Dreadnought doesn't use cloud server instances? Maybe this is for a patch.

Ok, so I'm not the only one in the dark about it then. Good to know. I agree with what you said.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.