FORUMS

Mech Warrior inspired?

Posted: //
March 4, 2015, 12:17 a.m.

From the videos I've seen, this game feels very much Mech Warrior / Battletech inspired with you choosing which part of your ship gets pummeled while trying to maximize the amount of weapons pointed in the general direction of the enemy...

Just wondering :)

March 4, 2015, 5:43 a.m.

I had the same feeling. I play it only for a few, but it was really good to see that as much you sticked to your role, the whole team benefit form it (yeah, messy explaination but I hope you get the idea).

I really hope to see and feel the same in this game.

March 4, 2015, 3:54 p.m.

Updated //
March 4, 2015, 3:54 p.m.

after playing few years Hawken,i could say Dreadnought reminds more of hawken than mechwarrior.

"The First Of His Name"

March 4, 2015, 4:33 p.m.

reminds me of star conflict

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."

May the Dreadnought be with you!

March 4, 2015, 6:37 p.m.

Updated //
March 4, 2015, 6:37 p.m.

as i see it,dreadnought reminds to us all different games we -played,thats a good thing :D it means many people will enjoy this game cause they will find something familiar in it.

"The First Of His Name"

March 4, 2015, 6:55 p.m.

I agree with the star conflict comment to an extent.

March 4, 2015, 8:54 p.m.

Well, I wouldn't call it so much as inspired (though a lot of things inspired the game, the devs said it themselves!) as I would call it realistic. Generally, if you were actually piloting the ship, you would have to point certain sections of your ship toward the enemy in order to use certain weapons. In the odd case of having a weapon on a turret you may or may not depending on if they're above or below you. It's the natural progression of things.

What I'm wondering is if they'll have it so your ship takes module/weapon damage.

Fight until every bolt, hatch and bulkhead are destroyed. If we are beaten, then float your way over to them and scratch until you're dead!

March 4, 2015, 9:02 p.m.

Wizywig#2341 posted (#post-13)

From the videos I've seen, this game feels very much Mech Warrior / Battletech inspired with you choosing which part of your ship gets pummeled while trying to maximize the amount of weapons pointed in the general direction of the enemy...

Just wondering :)

That was my first impression when seeing the gameplay: MechWarrior Online in space!! Which as a major MWO player, I am very happy about.

March 5, 2015, 9:33 a.m.

yeah a bit like mech warrior but with vertical movement and even bigger guns to fire

Only those who dare to walk two steps away from the beaten pass, may discover the unseen...

March 5, 2015, 8:24 p.m.

More like Battlestar Galactica or old naval battles with galleons going broadside to broadside.

Patience wins the war.

“His heart was mailed with oak and triple brass who first committed a frail ship to the wild seas.”
Black Widows

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.