FORUMS

This is a PC game, and PC games are meant to go 20v20 BIG!

Posted: //
June 7, 2016, 2:14 p.m.

That actually sounds fun , buuuuuuuuuuuut....I have similar idea of the same kind.
How about making ships "multi mounted"? Like , here is monarch or whatever , any other ship , it has pilot who controls movement and abilities , first gunner who controls main guns and the second gunner who controls secondary weapons respectively.
I always missed ability to fire ALL GUNS AT ONCE LADS , FIRE EM UP .

( ノಠnಠ )ノ ︵ ┻━━━Dreadnought ): ━┻

June 7, 2016, 5:08 p.m.

Updated //
June 7, 2016, 5:11 p.m.

DTDlizard#7387 posted (#post-37803)

That actually sounds fun , buuuuuuuuuuuut....I have similar idea of the same kind.
How about making ships "multi mounted"? Like , here is monarch or whatever , any other ship , it has pilot who controls movement and abilities , first gunner who controls main guns and the second gunner who controls secondary weapons respectively.

Would mess up the balance, imo.
2 ships > 1 "multi-mounted" ship

June 7, 2016, 7:24 p.m.

20V20 would be good in theory but way too much anarchy. I would honestly love this game a lot more if it was 8v8. It gives players more of a "Hammer and Anvil" kinda tactics, or more opportunities to flank. Plus, for artillery players, another teammate can help protect them or play defensively if needed. It also allows for more roles to be selected and utilized. Bigger battles too!

The 5v5 setting is "okay" but is linear gameplay. It doesn't give players the ability to break out and form flanks as much or other tactics. You just roll together and get your shots in when you can. Would also be nice to have objectives, but I'm sure that will be with the full release. Couldn't imagine a game like this without it.

Although it's entirely different, MechWarrior Online is a good example. They have certain weightclasses/ limits to what you can bring to a fight (so not everyone brings Dreadnoughts) and evens out the system. That system might be beneficial for larger games with more people.

"One Shot-One kill. No Luck-All Skill"

June 8, 2016, 3:45 p.m.

SyncPerfect#7741 posted (#post-37814)

Lol
like balance is not messed up at current 5 on 5

( ノಠnಠ )ノ ︵ ┻━━━Dreadnought ): ━┻

June 10, 2016, 6:32 a.m.

DTDlizard#7387 posted (#post-37889)

SyncPerfect#7741 posted (#post-37814)

Lol
like balance is not messed up at current 5 on 5

I actually think the ships themselves are pretty well balanced.
The matchmaking is just terrible, but that's understandable in a closed BETA.

June 12, 2016, 10:54 p.m.

Newish player here. I really don't like small teams and hoped this was just a beta phase.

Small #'s means you have to give 123%. I'm a casual gamer. With 20v20 I'm just 5%. I like having less pressure.

June 12, 2016, 11:29 p.m.

DukeRustfield#7137 posted (#post-38197)

Newish player here. I really don't like small teams and hoped this was just a beta phase.

Small #'s means you have to give 123%. I'm a casual gamer. With 20v20 I'm just 5%. I like having less pressure.

Being in a larger team does not mean you can get by with 5%, if you could that would mean you team's much stronger than the other team and you're just leaching off them. In a properly balanced 20 vs 20, every single player would have to give 100% and every little mistake could change the tide of battle.

June 19, 2016, 1:56 p.m.

I think 8v8 is about the max, imagine a 20v20 game where one team takes in 15 DN/DD's and 5 healers.

It would just deteriorate into a boring slugfest with maybe 3 of the 5 ship classes being used.

I am a healer, yep one of those little "idiots" that do "nothing at" all except left click and hide and yet end up higher on the points then a skilled Dreadnought Captain

June 19, 2016, 1:56 p.m.

Updated //
June 19, 2016, 1:58 p.m.

Double post, no delete?

I am a healer, yep one of those little "idiots" that do "nothing at" all except left click and hide and yet end up higher on the points then a skilled Dreadnought Captain

July 13, 2016, 8:56 a.m.

Instead of having 20v20+ clusterintercourse, why not just keep the 5v5 and add 10 players per team who spawn in fighters?

I won't hide the fact that I want them to make War Thunder with spacecraft, so why not add the filter when searching for a match to join never/both/always in a fighter? I think it's a actually really cool to zip zap between the big ships as a fighter pilot and it's a shame that you have to die in Team Elimination in order to get that situation.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.