I heal things.

Posted: //
May 1, 2016, 10:18 a.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 10:18 a.m.

Striketh#4619 posted (#post-27379)

DOGMA#8169 posted (#post-27347)

git gud

Don't have to 'git gud' just use modules.

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 1, 2016, 10:22 a.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 10:23 a.m.

I don't understand why tac cruisers can fire indefinitely. Adding downtime to the heal would fix almost everything about this. Either a reload or heat mechanic would suffice and go a long way towards overall balance.

Also the range on most of them is absurd for a healer/support role. The beams have a longer range than the primary on corvettes.

May 1, 2016, 10:30 a.m.

I've never had any problems dealing with the issues presented here. A good coordinated strike with a few Nukes, and perhaps an artillery and corvette to mop up, would address it all.

Sword, Shield and Funeral Pyre.

May 1, 2016, 10:35 a.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 10:35 a.m.

Prometheus25#5985 posted (#post-27656)

I've never had any problems dealing with the issues presented here. A good coordinated strike with a few Nukes, and perhaps an artillery and corvette to mop up, would address it all.

The problem is more oriented towards newer players who don't have the proper modules to counter it. I'm rank 6 and feel forced to carry a nuke over broadside due to it. It's pretty annoying when matches end 100-20 because the only way to kill them is a 50 second cooldown combined with a vette. Even then the vette almost always dies due to the wall of dreads unleashing flak on him. Ao you end up trading a kill for a kill while most of your team is powerless.

May 1, 2016, 10:42 a.m.

Vallard#1528 posted (#post-27651)

I don't understand why tac cruisers can fire indefinitely. Adding downtime to the heal would fix almost everything about this. Either a reload or heat mechanic would suffice and go a long way towards overall balance.

Also the range on most of them is absurd for a healer/support role. The beams have a longer range than the primary on corvettes.

No this is good, Corvettes are no mid to long range ships, they are close range ships.

Next, there is a thing called falloff, at max beam range of approximately 5km the Aion heals 600 per second and the Koschei 500, at point blank range the healrate of an Aion is 800, and that of the Koschei possibly 1000. The Aion values are stated in the Patch Notes. Koschei max heal is my estimate. Of course this can be increased using power to weapons and the Beam Amplifier and some perks. But if the healer uses his energy for heals, he cannot use it for defence, Beam Amplifier increases damage taken by the Tac and the debuff lasts longer than the buff and the Glass Cannon Perk increases damage/heal only at 100% health, decreases it at less than 100%. Choice of target and target switching is very important in this game.

The heal beam of a single Aion can be out dpsed by a single Athos medium destroyer with power to weapons, which also can sustain power to weapons for a longer duration than the Aion. If the Healer uses a Beam Amplifier, you target him, because he lost his energy and takes 50% more damage. What really makes healing very efficient are either big amounts of HP (Heavy Destroyer/Dreads), Shields (reducing damage by ~80%) and some defensive modules like the Armor Hardener (10s 99,99999999% damage reduction).

The moment you can target another enemy ship, preferably a Tac, most turtling teams get into trouble.

Just stating some information I feel most people are not aware of. Turtling is rather easy and breaking it requires people to take calculated risks, thus is not "that" easy. The question here is what the game should be, either a pure dps race ("no"/less healing). just shoot the first target you see or possible slower up to boring games with healing. In the current state, I think you do not need a healer, you can overcome the lack of one by good teamplay and planning to lose some ships.

Recruit Engineer

May 1, 2016, 10:43 a.m.

Then I see no reason to make changes to a game simply based off poor experiences from mismatched teams within a purposefully smaller beta population set.

Sword, Shield and Funeral Pyre.

May 1, 2016, 12:06 p.m.

Hopefully Greybox will look at teamcomp data and do something. I think the current game pace will turn people off before they get up to the higher modules. Too many posters here are assuming that randoms will actually communicate which is just not the case I've found. I've only played like 3 hrs and I'm already kinda bored of the heal standoffs....

May 1, 2016, 4 p.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 4 p.m.

magicafiend#7356 posted (#post-27736)

Hopefully Greybox will look at teamcomp data and do something. I think the current game pace will turn people off before they get up to the higher modules. Too many posters here are assuming that randoms will actually communicate which is just not the case I've found. I've only played like 3 hrs and I'm already kinda bored of the heal standoffs....

During those 3 hours what have you done to break the standoff?

Don't get mad - git gud.

May 1, 2016, 4:43 p.m.

I would like to see restrictions on Healer, Sniper and Corvette class Ships to one per team.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.