i haven't saw any guides for beginners. althou it should be obvious, i think we should collect "general" rules to help players to play better (and not ruin the game for ohers ). i saw a lot of this problems in my 10 games until now.
- mix your shiptypes a bit. dont fly 4-5 same ships (can work, but its risky without propper communication)
- have at least one tec cruiser to heal others
- tec cruisers need something to heal. at least 1-2 dreadnoughts should be on the team, too
- 4 arty ships at the same time is a bad choise. they can be easely countered
strategies during fight
- stick together (if you are not a sneaky one ). if you go alone, you will die for sure
- don't fly / jump away from the tec cruiser, if you want support
- never jump INTO 3-4 enemies. you will die 4 sure!
- use cover wisely. you can take a punch depending on your ship. take it if oyu are near a healer. u don't need to take cover as soon as you are taking damage. you can still shoot a bit longer. but take cover if you see that the tec cannot heal u anymore
- focus fire! try to get all your team fire on one target. it will get down faster!
- target choise: corvette (if it is next to you), tec cruisers, arty ships, destroyer, dreadnought... dont shoot the tanks. get the juicy targets. they pop easelier
- don't hasitate to change the ship type to adjust to the enemies ship types. but be carefull. take a look at your teams ships
- after you die, try to get to your team asap. you should never go alone. if you respawn on the other side take a look at your team. if they will die, too wait a bit. they will respawn next to you. advance as a team again
you got any more suggestions? add them pls!