FORUMS

Strategy Tipps: How to kill the Healer

Posted: //
April 30, 2016, 11:34 a.m.

Hi there. As some people claim that camping and entrenching is way to powerful, i want to list a few things in this post on HOW TO KILL THE ENEMY HEALER
Of course it always depends on the enemys team composition and layout. Still, there are some Tipps and Tricks that work quite well everytime :

AlestAllardyce#8328 posted (#post-26871)

(... )

1. Corvettes. They're basically designed with this problem in mind. A solid corvette pilot can torp+blast+main gun down a tac-cruiser before they have time to turn around and notice them.

2. Flank, dammit. Tac-Cruisers are made of tissue paper and dreams, they cant hold up to even small bursts of main-line ship fire.

3. Missiles. A well placed volley or even a nuke if you're feeling flashy will almost certainly destroy a concentrated healer.

4. Overwhelm. Its the worst option ill bother listing, but if you truly want to be lazy just out-DPS their heals.

1. Yes, corvettes! They are made to harass and take out priority objectives, aka healers and snipers! Good corvettes have the enemy healer as a breakfast smile but seriously, use them to get behind the enemy lines, wait your team to slightly engage and then storm on the healer and burst them.

2. Flanking, yes, not easy, but very very rewarding. A destroyer or even dreadnought can perform this, although you have to care about your positioning. But flanking might not only give you a very good shooting ark on the enemy vessels, but also harrass and stress the enemy. Getting shoot from to sides really hammeres on your opponents nerves. When you are sure to be in the right position and the enemy team not all focus'd on you, warp in and plasma broadside the h e l l out of their healer. In most situations, your team will engage, maybe you die, but your healer should be alive still, healing the rest of your team, helping killing the enemy without healer. Use your energy!

3. Nukes are very powerful if you manage to hit the enemy clumped up. Second, make sure to focus the healer if you manage to see him with your missiles, the statis missile or the ability interrupting (dont look the name up right now) missile as destroyer is very helpful!

4. Well overwhelm is, as stated, not the best option, but definetly suitable.

Thanks to AlestAllardyce!

1. Energy managment: In General: Please guys, use your energy! It is so important, not only for the shields.Just spam your energy, use it to position yourself, getting of broadsides, shielding missiles and ending it excactly after the last missile detonated. Use the Weaponpower to burst down Corvettes, especially if you are a destroyer. Get yourself in a good position with the movement boost. I actually consider the movement boost the most valuable of all three, but it also fits really good in my playstyle. Still, if you see the enemy healer, consider to use the Power to Weapons to burst him donw or force him to use his energy on his shields.

2. Know your modules and use them! If you have your dread with plasma broadside and flechette missiles, go in hard! Dont sit back with your team 5 km away of the enemy team! When your team doesnt follow you, its most of the time a mistake of them. Warp in, get in close, the dreadnoughts are made for it. (See flanking) This doesnt mean you should rush in always, but dont be too shy smile . "EXAMPLE:"
    I once had a really cool fight on Kappa(still smiling whenever i see this) Base where teams spawn quite close to each other. I was playing invictus (love that ship) with plasma broadside, vulture missiles, anti missile lasers and warp. After the spawn, the enemy turned on us, but maintaing distance (about 4,5 km). I used the rocks to get a little closer and saw the enemy healer for a short duration. I more like reacted instinctivly and warped. I came up a little bit behind their frontline and plasma bursted the healer down. My team engaged with me ( might have seen the warp) and the enemy team got completely destroyed, i survived.

3. Maintain a basic movement. This is a general tip, but also shines when fighting against camping enemys. They are forced to stay in their position to a bigger extend, so dont move much, so -> are very easy to hit. You can actually move qiut better, do it. Use that advantage! It just helps if you move up and down a bit, it makes targeting, especially with slow moving bullets like the one from Zmey very hard (skilled players have it easier, but still)

Well thats it for now, maybe more tipps will follow. Thanks for reading!

Remeber, starboard always goes before larboard!
But: Bigger ships before the small ones smile !

April 30, 2016, 11:44 a.m.

Guys, sorry i got a bit distracted of the main theme here smile
Still, all these tipps should make it easier to kill the enemy healer. Its the hardest if he knows what hes up to, position himself in defendable spaces. Well, additionally to the corvette sneaky style, flanking and all the other points mentioned above, you can also try baiting the enemys frontline to follow you or even warping after you, use tractor beams to get one of the enemy vessels out of position, maybe destroying him, but mainly forcing the healer to follow his ally, making him much more vurnable or catching him out of position. Against good players, you should and must pull of flanking and stuff combined. Tactics and movement, positioning are the key.

Remeber, starboard always goes before larboard!
But: Bigger ships before the small ones smile !

April 30, 2016, 6:04 p.m.

I hate the mines and the pulse... You have to put yourself in awkward positions to avoid them and I sometimes wont kill them then...

And then there are those times when I hit myself with my own torpedo.....

The choices of our ships shouldnt be linear upgrades, they should be overhauls of the ship's playstyle

For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

April 30, 2016, 6:47 p.m.

U-505#1540 posted (#post-27192)

And then there are those times when I hit myself with my own torpedo.....

You're not alone. smile

How can you make sure you never miss your target?
Shoot first, and whatever you hit, call it the target.

Sept. 24, 2016, 7:05 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 24, 2016, 7:07 a.m.

Koelschjunge#8365 posted (#post-26921)

Guys, sorry i got a bit distracted of the main theme here smile
Still, all these tipps should make it easier to kill the enemy healer. Its the hardest if he knows what hes up to, position himself in defendable spaces. Well, additionally to the corvette sneaky style, flanking and all the other points mentioned above, you can also try baiting the enemys frontline to follow you or even warping after you, use tractor beams to get one of the enemy vessels out of position, maybe destroying him, but mainly forcing the healer to follow his ally, making him much more vurnable or catching him out of position. Against good players, you should and must pull of flanking and stuff combined. Tactics and movement, positioning are the key.

actually i find it not all that difficult to kill a healer. i have killed plenty with my nox. you only need to see if your allies are attacking a heavy cruiser/destroyer/dreadnought where the healers at and then you just go straight for the healer. since the cruiser/destroyer/dreadnought are more important than a healer at the moment they will keep healing there allies and you take them down. when the healers down you just unleash on the heavies.

but what i do dislike strongly is a dreadnought waiting at the spawn point not giving you the chance to spawn properly. i have been killed allot before my screen was fully spawned simply because a dreadnought was waiting at the exact point i our team was spawning

Sept. 24, 2016, 6:56 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 24, 2016, 7 p.m.

Koelschjunge#8365 posted (#post-26910)

AlestAllardyce#8328 posted (#post-26871)
1. Corvettes. They're basically designed with this problem in mind. A solid corvette pilot can torp+blast+main gun down a tac-cruiser before they have time to turn around and notice them.

1. Yes, corvettes! They are made to harass and take out priority objectives, aka healers and snipers! Good corvettes have the enemy healer as a breakfast smile but seriously, use them to get behind the enemy lines, wait your team to slightly engage and then storm on the healer and burst them.

Be careful going against tacs (especially Aion and Cattaro) in a corvette. Sure, a good corvette will eat an inexperienced healer for breakfast (they'll eat any inexperienced pilot in anything, actually), but if you run into a good tac pilot, you may just find yourself being chewed up instead.
On the plus side (for your team), our time spent dispatching the silly corvette does distract us from healing allies, so you've got that going for you, I guess.
Destroyer and Artillery are generally much better suited for anti-tac; Destroyers being much chewier, and Artillery being able to attack from out of range.

Sept. 24, 2016, 8:57 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 24, 2016, 9:02 p.m.

Against a competent koshei even abw+BP does not yield a certain kill. Best way is a double ship ambush. Either 2 corvs or 1 corv and a ram can. But another pseudo strategy is just to be annoying and draw fire and forcing the tact to reposition or look away from their primary healing target.often can be enough to swing the battle. If in a 5 man, you can coordinate ambush with a nuke/purge nuke/Salvo.

The biggest counter to single healer is coordinated focus fire on the tact by two destroyers. The constant stream of bullets that are capable of engaging at 7km for heavy and med variants Will cause the tact to duck for cover. If they don't, their dead. If they do, they are pinned. Follow up with a dread nuke for your intervention ribbon as nuke Salvo does best against floor hugging ships.

9th on August leaderboard.
3rd on September leaderboard.

Solo/duo queuer

Sept. 25, 2016, 4:35 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 25, 2016, 4:37 a.m.

Ironically I'd actually say overwhelming them is the best option. It depends on what we are talking about though. There are two games to Dreadnought. Random players and premades.

Premades tend to form the ultimate turtles. They aren't fools and will not fall for any Corvette attempt. Not unless you coordinate a decent offense with the other 4 ships and save the corvette as an absolute last second surprise. Even then it's normally to risky.

If it's just a single Kosh he can easily be overwhelmed. Having all 5 (4 if you've a tact of your own) of your ships swapping targeted fire can stress the kosh out. He'll be burning energy like mad. If you're still slowly approaching he'll eventually be forced to cover and his healing options become limited. You could then switch to the one ship he can no longer reach. With concentrated fire it'll probably be to late for anyone to react. Best case... he risks life and limb to appear again and you finish him off.

Double Kosh is actually a bit easier... because their teams DPS falls low enough that your tactical isn't in all that much danger assisting the push. The same pattern will repeat itself. You force the kosh into switching targets and taking cover until they just can't handle it. Kosh tend to worry about themselves over others. Meaning if you even half wound a kosh odds are they focus on each other. Hammer one of the exposed non healers to remind them they can't afford that.

Also in a double kosh set up you are exposed to more threats. Because of your reduced DPS... things like corvettes and rams can more easily get in to say hello. As for random battles... everything is more viable here since coordination on both sides takes a huge impact. So awareness levels are greatly reduced.

This is all old meta data though. 2.0 could see all of this changing. Heck 3 man teams will certainly impact this in 8 v 8 games. You'll have pockets of awareness...

Sept. 28, 2016, 1:20 a.m.

Some fantastic advice here, but i'll throw in my 10 cents with one of my favorite tips:

Split the healer's focus.

... but only leading up to a direct attack on the healer.

It's not a specific hard counter, it's more of a tactical playstyle. Works well against defensive teams too.

I know it goes against the whole 'focus fire' credo that is normally so essential for victory, but If you keep pouring shots into that same easy-to-hit-because-it's-not-even-TRYING-to-hide Dreadnought flaunting it's invulnerability at you, you not only make the healer's job easy; you also allow them the opportunity to set aside some brain cells (and energy) to fuel their self preservation instincts.

If, however, you split your fire between more than one target, (to the point where you start doing decent hull damage) you force the healer to think of more than one thing at once. Soon, they'll be topping targets up to full, then wasting precious seconds looking for their next healing target, only to find that there are several. They'll then need to start prioritizing healing, will invariably expend more energy healing, will have to heal targets further away, and will usually end up busy enough for you to slowly close the distance to them and put pressure on them directly while they have little energy remaining to spend on defence.

As for the tools to finish the job; any decent corvette, a faster destroyer (with Ram, or Storm missiles, both work) or my favourite, a faster Dreadnought with Flak and a broadside saved up. Save up all your cooldowns, charge in close, hit them with status (disrupt, drain, scramble) and then ruin them.

Oh, also, if you see a vulnerable healer, call attention to it! F, down mouse, ATTACK MY TARGET CHUMPS.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.