FORUMS

A couple things that still ruin my fun with this.

Posted: //
May 1, 2016, 4:56 p.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 5:05 p.m.

toggle on/off for the items is fine but i do thing they need to tell people they are hotkeys a bit more clearly like it does for the other modules,
the toggle forces a little more micro management and remembering to turn the shields off, i for one would like the boost as a hold modifier but it takes too nanny fingers to move, activate modules as it is i dont want to hold down for my shields.
[also the wheel messes with my aim ]
[when i remember to use it] there is even a quick toggle off button. but then again i tend to leave my shields up till they go down on their own when i am waiting for my doom.

but i do agree with the op's problem of needing to be levels to get other ships, the reference to WoT is dismiss able because your actually getting better tanks, you want a better arty you play arty etc these other ships are side-grades and there is already module progression and that means you will already have stuff to put on the other ships when you get them it would be nice to be able to use all the hulls first with basics or even make you work your way up from corvets to dreads that seems like a more realistic progression that they wouldn't let you fly a huge ship till you can prove yourself a little

May 1, 2016, 5:10 p.m.

The level-gated ships is a negative for me also. Hopefully in the final game we can just pay money and bypass it.

May 1, 2016, 5:21 p.m.

CtrlAltWheee#2640 posted (#post-28020)

The level-gated ships is a negative for me also. Hopefully in the final game we can just pay money and bypass it.

Please not.. just no.

How can you make sure you never miss your target?
Shoot first, and whatever you hit, call it the target.

May 1, 2016, 5:50 p.m.

Corvettes are fine. I don't really understand what you mean by corvettes forcing you to play outside of the game's fundamentals. If you don't consider corvette counters when organizing your abilities then you are risking repeated deaths to corvettes. You can correct me if I am wrong but this seems like you don't want to adjust your play-style to corvettes.

I think the spin wheel needs some work, it can definitely be unresponsive.

I like the sense of progression as others have said, so I am fine with ships being locked arbitrarily. Also the game will be free to play and it has a leveling system so I expect there to a subscription model to speed up leveling as a perk.

May 1, 2016, 6:26 p.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 6:28 p.m.

I don't like much at all about the progression system. Grind up to the next level using your prized Destroyer and congratulations, you unlocked modules for the Dreadnought you don't want, and the Tactical Cruiser you also have no interest in! YAY REWARDS! -_-

Corvettes don't feel that bad to me. Most ships have at least one good close-range secondary option, and they often get primaries which are good at relatively close-range as well. Use those "fundamentals" as you'd call them, and use them WELL, and you're usually going to be fine. Abilities just add a few extra options for making Corvettes EASIER to deal with, or reduce the amount of damage you take wiping them out.

The main reason Corvettes are a thread is because you're ignoring one of the biggest of those "fundamentals" you want the game to revolve around. The best counter to Corvettes is situational awareness. One of the best tools for that is the game's minimap, with which you can see most approaching Corvettes long before they get close enough to threaten you.

As for the wheel, while it can be somewhat unresponsive, being able to trigger and deactivate the abilities with a single keypress (F1 - 4 by default) works fine for me.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

May 1, 2016, 8:05 p.m.

Level progression is part of the fun for many people. I personally find it boring when I start with everything unlocked, because then I have nothing to work towards.

That said, your complaint about the reactor modes is completely ridiculous, and totally misses many of the real problems. If you want a single button to activate shields or weapons etc. just use the F keys or go into the settings and map the keys to whatever you prefer, like most gamers. The first thing I do, when opening a game for the first time, is set my controls to the buttons I find easiest to use.

Some of the real problems are the fact that the settings seem to not respond to all changes. For example, I cannot set any controls to my 4th or 5th mouse buttons, when I try, the game just pretends I didn't press anything. Also, if I leave a command unassigned, the game seems to assign it to a random button. I purposefully left the reactor wheel command unassigned, but when I next checked the settings, it had been assigned to "game pad left shoulder." It can then activate the wheel, at the press of a random button, and I have had games where the wheel will appear in front of my screen and not let me do anything else, including aim, until I get rid of it. But removing the wheel is impossible because it is not set to a key. The only solution I have found is to exit the match.

May 1, 2016, 11:13 p.m.

The controls are probably because the game is being designed for console not pc. I had to use voice attack to macro the move forward key to save myself from carpal tunnel and broken phalanges.

May 1, 2016, 11:32 p.m.

You guys might need new keyboards if you have having those problems.

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed.

May 1, 2016, 11:53 p.m.

Skyfaller#2917 posted (#post-28222)

The controls are probably because the game is being designed for console not pc. I had to use voice attack to macro the move forward key to save myself from carpal tunnel and broken phalanges.

Wait, pressing the "W key" is to hard for you? Hold i need to go write that down, that's a new one.

May 2, 2016, 12:02 a.m.

Updated //
May 2, 2016, 12:03 a.m.

Nuclearmoose#1670 posted (#post-28240)

Skyfaller#2917 posted (#post-28222)

Wait, pressing the "W key" is to hard for you? Hold i need to go write that down, that's a new one.

Right? I thought sitting in the gunners seat in a tank all day was tiring but that W key man, wears you out fast.

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.