FORUMS

Suggestions for Potential Game modes

Posted: //
March 4, 2015, 5:46 p.m.

Updated //
March 4, 2015, 5:46 p.m.

First of Sorry EMpulse for making a post in your locked thread.

So I was wondering about what kinds of game modes that could be fun to have in this game and I came to mind a few.

How about a kind of Defensive game mode where one group tries to defend a Colony and or Military station from utter desolation while the other team tries to destroy it?

Deathmatch seems to be obligatory in this game so Im counting on that being in here =D

Domination: Will there be a bigger map where there will be various zones one group can occupy in order for some bonuses and or Cap points?
For example
The game mode might not have a map that looks like the Us but it helps explain.

So if the map above is the game map where the factions are on opposite sides of the map. And the zone 4 contributes POWER IE faster ships, Zone 7&8 is Weapons factories that gives more powerful weapons and lets say zone 5&6 is shield stations that gives a stronger shield to the fleet currently occupying the zones.

Once a zone is claimed that zone gets a form of Defensive turrets so that people wont Need to stay and defend but if they chose too they can add a punch if enemies are closing in.

Would it be a timer counting down in this mode from 10 mins to 0 or would people more likely want a score system. 500 points for each side at the start of the game and depending on zones and ships owned/ destroyed the score decreases to 0 and the faction with the highest score standing wins?

Discuss =D

But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

March 4, 2015, 6:13 p.m.

while i like the idea of defend/attack modes, the way you describe it i just fear that the map would be too big for the speed of the ships ingame
it kinda reminds me of the planetside 2 map, gain controll over different areas for different boosts etc. is a nice concept, but i think it's better on a global scale
so yay for the idea on global scale, but i think the matches themselves are too small for this

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

March 4, 2015, 6:17 p.m.

jownsy#3157 posted (#post-128)

while i like the idea of defend/attack modes, the way you describe it i just fear that the map would be too big for the speed of the ships ingame
it kinda reminds me of the planetside 2 map, gain controll over different areas for different boosts etc. is a nice concept, but i think it's better on a global scale
so yay for the idea on global scale, but i think the matches themselves are too small for this
I get the fear of making too big maps since ships we have been shown moves at slow speeds, but they have demonstrated "jumps" so I thought maybe it could balance the speed out?

But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

March 4, 2015, 6:24 p.m.

yea they could also implement some sort of teleporting gates or jumpgates that bring you from area to area inside of the map, but if there are that many areas you might need more people on the teams than just 5

time you enjoy wasting, is no wasted time

March 4, 2015, 6:42 p.m.

I think a co-operative campaign would be nice. As for the zone conquest, it would be have to be a smaller map, and it may not focus on what the core game mechanics are after, co-operative capital ship combat.

March 5, 2015, 2:40 a.m.

Ofcourse a Hardpoint mode would be awesome to have, it would probably one of the game modes i'll most of the time play.

Regarding the map size, don't forget you can redirect your power to your engine so you could move faster, also theres the warp thingy, of which im not sure whether every ship has 'm.. but atleast the dreadnought does..

Would be awesome to implement a stargate though xD Stargate Series for life :3

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

March 5, 2015, 2:05 p.m.

I like the idea of zone conquest. I suppose it is up to the devs to see if they like it or not.

March 5, 2015, 2:53 p.m.

Updated //
March 5, 2015, 2:54 p.m.

Any sort of conquest mode/ campaign mode of a galactic map would be great.
Many games have done it and I would bet Greybox/ Yager have thought of it too.

Patience wins the war.

“His heart was mailed with oak and triple brass who first committed a frail ship to the wild seas.”
Black Widows

March 6, 2015, 10:54 a.m.

WhiteWidow#4074 posted (#post-207)

Any sort of conquest mode/ campaign mode of a galactic map would be great.
Many games have done it and I would bet Greybox/ Yager have thought of it too.

I would love to see something like this--spanning hundreds of planets, with a lot of tactical bonuses to be gained from taking them in the course of a campaign.

March 8, 2015, 8:36 p.m.

We have to assume that there will be multiple forms of game play. Just the one would get old pretty quickly. I presume that they are also looking into some form of competitive play to keep the MOBA masses interested even though this is much more of an FPS than that.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.