FORUMS

Ship firing ranges

Posted: //
April 30, 2016, 7:33 p.m.

I only took a quick search, could not find really anything so if I can be pointed in the right direction it would be great.

I'd like a list of ship weapon distance ranges.

April 30, 2016, 10:03 p.m.

somebody would have to sit down and write it down in training.

You can tell if your "in range" your crosshairs will remain white if you aim at an enemy out of range, yellow if you aim at an enemy at basically fall off range where you hit but deal reduced damage and be red if your hit will be at full strength.

You can also tell for your abillties if someone is in range because if you look above an enemy or friendly ship you'll see four icons that correlate to your four abilities. So if for example you want to warp to an enemy ship as a dreadnaught you can watch and the fourth icon will light up (i think at around 4k to 5k distance) and at that point you can successfully fire. You will also at times hear if you listen things like "vulture missiles locked on captain" that let you know you can fire your vulture missiles.

April 30, 2016, 10:04 p.m.

somebody would have to sit down and write it down in training.

You can tell if your "in range" your crosshairs will remain white if you aim at an enemy out of range, yellow if you aim at an enemy at basically fall off range where you hit but deal reduced damage and be red if your hit will be at full strength.

You can also tell for your abillties if someone is in range because if you look above an enemy or friendly ship you'll see four icons that correlate to your four abilities. So if for example you want to warp to an enemy ship as a dreadnaught you can watch and the fourth icon will light up (i think at around 4k to 5k distance) and at that point you can successfully fire. You will also at times hear if you listen things like "vulture missiles locked on captain" that let you know you can fire your vulture missiles.

May 1, 2016, 9:54 a.m.

As those ranges are not final and can change from patch to patch there is currently no list. So check your reticule, red optimal, orange, small falloff, yellow big falloff.

My crude observations are:

Primaries:

Monarch/Invictus: 5 km max, 3 km optimal
Zmey: 8,5 km max, 3 km optimal

Athos/Gora: 7+ km max, 2,5-3 km optimal
Vindicta: 5 km max, 2,5-3 km optimal

TacBeams: 5 km max, do not know about optimal

Fulgora: 4 km max

Artiellery: 7 km max, 7 km optimal (no sure about this though)

Seconadries:

There are many...and most have their own range and optimals.

Recruit Engineer

May 1, 2016, 10:38 a.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 11:25 a.m.

At minimum, I would like to see clear numbers for ranges and fall offs for primary and secondary weapons, just as they show for modules.

It bugs me a bit that they use two conventions to express effective ranges across weapon detail windows.

Sword, Shield and Funeral Pyre.

May 1, 2016, 10:44 a.m.

Prometheus25#5985 posted (#post-27666)

At minimum, I would like to see clear numbers for ranges and fall offs for primary and secondary weapons, just as they show for modules.

It bugs me a bit that they use two connections to express effective ranges across weapon detail windows.

We will know at release. =)

Recruit Engineer

May 1, 2016, 11:21 a.m.

I'm able to confirm the Nox at least is about 7km - might be 0.1 either side, but close enough to it. And as soon as a target is in range, it's marked in red, so optimal is also max range. I'm another one who wishes the game included this information with hard numbers.

http://i.imgur.com/f5SVkIz.jpg
---V^^^V---
Step into your daydreams, and follow them home

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.