FORUMS

Corvettes OP

Posted: //
May 1, 2016, midnight

45k dmg in under 10 seconds from a corvette into a dreadnought. They warp close to me and I'm dead before I even know I'm being fired at. Not a one off, happens all the time.

YES I KNOW THEY DIE EASILY IF YOU HIT THEM WITH YOUR FLAK CANNONS.

The issue is if they get the jump on me I die in seconds. gg

Maybe that's how you want the game to play but I was thinking a capital ship, for immersion purposes, wouldn't melt in under ten seconds from any ship, let alone a corvette, but hey, that's just me.

May 1, 2016, 12:19 a.m.

Have you ever heard of Task Force Taffy. Corvettes are literally the PT boats of space, they will rock your world if you don't keep an eye on the map and your surroundings, its like vette pilots have a 6th sense and know when you get tunnel vision. My advice is to be more aware of your surroundings i normally run a morningstar or a dread carrier so I try my best to keep those little SOBs at bay. Every now and then i let my guard down and die horribly, but hey that's my fault. Point is don't let your guard down and don't focus on one target, when you reload your guns, look around for the shimmer and on your map.

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed.

May 1, 2016, 12:21 a.m.

1. Corvettes are not OP
  2. If you are alone, the corvette will kill you
  3. If you are worried about Corvettes, equip anti-corvette modules like the tractor beam
  4. Immersion is subjective
  5. As soon as you hear 'incoming missiles' randomly, turn shields on.
  6. Look out for Corvettes and spot them for your team with F
  7. Tell your team to spot them also
  8. Stay with your team
  9. If you actually are dead before you know you are being fired at, pay attention. Getting tunneling vision is how you die to Corvettes, you must always be on the lookout.
  10. Have fun.

May 1, 2016, 12:42 a.m.

Tractor beams are the bane of Corvettes, it's like a fly being stuck in a spider's web.

May 1, 2016, 12:51 a.m.

You're all missing my point. A dreadnought class ship shouldn't die to a single ship in under 10 seconds no matter what. If I just sat there doing nothing in a dreadnought and another single ship, any class, started firing at me, dying in under 10 seconds doesn't give you epic, capital class battles. It gives you Call of Duty in ships.

If I want insta-gib there's any number of FPS'ers out there I can play.

But like I said, maybe the designers actuallh want Call of Duty in ships but I sure as heck don't.

May 1, 2016, 1:14 a.m.

You know what ship also got insta gibbed? The USS Arizona, another ship that got gibbed was the KMS Bismarck and the KMS Tripitz and the Death star. The point is, does it suck to have a massive ship that gets gibbed in seconds yes, but it also sucks when you can't maintain situational awareness to keep that from happening. These things happen when you cram powerful weaponry on a small and speedy frame.

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed.

May 1, 2016, 1:14 a.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 1:16 a.m.

Corvettes are suppose to be the anti dreadnought/destroyer tool, thats why you have to get smart fast to cope.

May 1, 2016, 1:40 a.m.

I've played dreadnought and I don't die in 10 secs at all, I don't know what you're doing to allow a corvette to take you down in 10 secs, but maybe you should have better awareness of whats going on.

Go check me out at
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgH7NuSeXEg1L4s52imUZ3A

May 1, 2016, 2:13 a.m.

I think that the TC needs to actually play as a corvette for a while - and get to experience just how easy it is to counter.

I originally thought corvettes were brutally harsh, even made a topic about it myself, but I just played a couple games where the other team countered me so hard.

May 1, 2016, 2:14 a.m.

1 corvette is not a problem but when the whole enemy team playing them its over powered as smile

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.