FORUMS

Corvettes OP

Posted: //
June 21, 2017, 1:10 a.m.

Oh, that one. Anyone actually using it? Primary module slot on that seems like a waste.

Aug. 7, 2017, 10:03 p.m.

Corvettes are the one thing about this game that has ruined matches repeatedly. They should be addressed

Aug. 8, 2017, 12:44 a.m.

My biggest thing that I hate is the lack of range on dedicated secondary weapons. I believe if they was amped up in range then the vett problem would not be here. Every vett optimum range is 1200m, every single one.
-Dreadnoughts Heavy Flak cannons range is 1200m, their Repeater Guns are 3400m. So they can somewhat hold their own. But they are slow to move.
-Destroyers Flak cannons are 800m, you are 400m outside of your range. Light Particle Turrets are 6000m but those are at LATE GAME. -Artillery Cruiser Light Flak cannons are 700m again 500m outside of your range. Machine Gun Turrets are 1600m but are LATE GAME.
-Tactical Cruiser are a solid choice to use against them. But they aren't suppose to fill that rule of vett killing.

So with Dreadnoughts are slow to move and hard to counter them if they are close but has the better range. Destroyers are slow but more agile than Dreadnoughts. They lack the Secondary range till you hit Tier 4 and that's is where everyone is saying get this module or that. But we aren't talking about LATE GAME we are talking about early game. How can a T1-T3 Destroyer and Artillery with 700- 800m Flak Cannons compete with any vett with their 1200m cannons? Only way is if they are within the 700m range. If the vett is at 900m then the other ships has very little chance of killing one. The Devs needs to increase the Flak cannons range to around 1200m. I think that's the issue people are having Not enough range on the the Secondary weapons.

Aug. 8, 2017, 1:41 a.m.

Lazarus_M#7739 posted (#post-131152)
How can a T1-T3 Destroyer and Artillery with 700- 800m Flak Cannons compete with any vett with their 1200m cannons? Only way is if they are within the 700m range. If the vett is at 900m then the other ships has very little chance of killing one. The Devs needs to increase the Flak cannons range to around 1200m. I think that's the issue people are having Not enough range on the the Secondary weapons.

As someone who flies a corvette - I have to agree. To make things even and fair, increasing the secondary weapon range for other ships would indeed make things a lot more difficult for corvettes - it would also make things more fair.
If that happens, the only OP ship that will remain in this game is the artillery.

Aug. 8, 2017, 2:50 a.m.

Corvettes are not that far off from balanced though. Increasing flak range would make a lot more problems than just making it impossible for corvettes to do anything. End-game with good players, corvettes are having a really hard time to get anything done.

Dreadnought Support Tool | Customer Support | Dreadnought Discord | Ship Datamine - by Snib

Aug. 8, 2017, 4:26 a.m.

SOS-Anyone#6415 posted (#post-131164)

Corvettes are not that far off from balanced though. Increasing flak range would make a lot more problems than just making it impossible for corvettes to do anything. End-game with good players, corvettes are having a really hard time to get anything done.

You are correct - but for t1-t3 things are very unbalanced in favor of corvettes. Besides, having anti-air defense weapons (flak guns are specifically designed to counter corvettes) which are half the range of the corvette weapons is as unrealistic as it gets. If destroyers were fast, then they could close the range, but vigo, for example, is as slow as a dreadnought - so it has no viable defense against corvettes.

Things are more balanced in regards to corvettes only at t4 level (except for vigo and other slow ships which do not have stasis pulse/missile.

Aug. 31, 2017, 4:05 p.m.

ThePurp

artillery units are supposed to be anti dreadnought, not corvettes. Corvettes are supposed to be anti artillery bc they're small, fast, hard to keep track of, and a single strafe can kill an artillery unit, but they're literally anti everything. They simply do too much damage for how good their shields are (literally absorb 100% of oncoming damage, however their energy consumption is extremely high), how fast and mobile they are, the fact that they can self repair (the only class other than the tac cruisers, dedicated healers, that can self heal) , disable the enemy's ability to use modules, can warp, and also have the ability to cloak. Imo they need, in the least a slight damage nerf to make up for its opness and speed, I don't think their health or speed should be messed with tho.

Aug. 31, 2017, 4:09 p.m.

ThePurp#8284 posted (#post-27399)

I've played dreadnought and I don't die in 10 secs at all, I don't know what you're doing to allow a corvette to take you down in 10 secs, but maybe you should have better awareness of whats going on.

Artillery units are supposed to be anti dreadnought, not corvettes. Corvettes are supposed to be anti artillery bc they're small, fast, hard to keep track of, and a single strafe can kill an artillery unit, but they're literally anti everything. They simply do too much damage for how good their shields are (literally absorb 100% of oncoming damage, however their energy consumption is extremely high), how fast and mobile they are, the fact that they can self repair (the only class other than the tac cruisers, dedicated healers, that can self heal) , disable the enemy's ability to use modules, can warp, and also have the ability to cloak. Imo they need, in the least a slight damage nerf to make up for its opness and speed, I don't think their health or speed should be messed with tho.

Aug. 31, 2017, 5:20 p.m.

Just had 3 games in a row where 1 corvette (T4) just leisurely cruises around, ducking and diving, constantly turning while I SEE it approaching (in any ship, situational awareness etc) and am shooting at it, and this crappy thing just guns me down in 1 pass, on his own. I'm just in the T2-T3 ships and none of my T3 ships can kill it. All because, as good as my aim can be at times, I can't hit the stupid little thing. And always ending the game with 10(+)-0 scores. Can tag it all I want, teammates don't respond so it's just me shooting at it.

Nothing winds me up more than being in a big, well armored ship with rockets and lasers and being mowed down by some shmuck using freakin machine guns in a ship that could almost be a fighter for my own ship.

They really need to nerf those lower tier corvettes. Higher tiers aren't that bad Totally ruin the fun for me. Especially since all anti-corvette weapons I have (stasis rockets, flak) they easily out run or just stay just out of range off.

Aug. 31, 2017, 5:38 p.m.

Do something with corvets they ruin this game or change game name to "Invincible Corvets"

They have sick dmg and great speed. They can take almost every ship very fast and run.

Game is nice but corvets ruin the balance.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.