FORUMS

Corvettes OP

Posted: //
Sept. 2, 2017, 6:09 a.m.

Updated //
Sept. 2, 2017, 6:09 a.m.

I started playing this game some time ago and at the beginning I decided to read a forum and I've found so many topics about op corvettes and leaving game because of them. Each ship has its role. Corvettes are good 1vs1 and not against every ship so if you play smart with other ships then its very easy to counter corvettes. In world of tanks there are people which drives brainlessly with their tanks straight forward without thinking about teamplay and without thinking that they will be first and most likely the only one target for the whole 15 person team. Then they get killed and then they go to forum and cry about how weak their tank is. To all people which thinks that corvettes are OP... YOU ARE those brainless people who are too weak to:
- use your brain to figure out that you should stick with your team and healers
- use your brain to figure out that you should watch at minimap (reading minimap is ultra important in every similiar game, dreadnought, wot, wows, wowp, even dota like games - if your brain is small enough to understand this and to start reading map then you will get eaten by corvettes in this game and crying about that on the forum wont change that)
- use your brain to figure out that you should fkin use your shield when corvette will approach
- use your brain to figure out that you should use your weapons which are the best against corvette
- use your brain to increase accuracy because it sux badly and if you need 100x bigger ship to do some dmg then its not a game for you, this game is skill based and requires to use your brain, if you cant do that then crying on forum about that wont change anything because developers on the other hand most likely love to use their brains and they already know that ships are pretty balanced and corvettes have their role and they know that corvettes stand no chance against players which use their brains properly.
If you will quit this game because of your crying like:
"OMG! vettes are op because of dps!"
"OMG! dreadnoughts are op because of hp!"
"OMG! tac cruisers are op because they can heal!"
"OMG! artillery cruisers are op because they can shoot from big distance!"
"OMG! destroyers are op because they are good in everything!"
then you will do only big pleasure to us because there will be one brainless noob less and overall players skill in this game will be higher

Sept. 2, 2017, 10:54 a.m.

facepalm

Once again, with feeling: Corvettes are NOT OP!

Once you get over the shock, and actually figure out how to defend against them, they are really easy to deal with. They are most certainly not invincible. If you give up now, that's on you. Don't blame anything else.

Sept. 2, 2017, 11:21 p.m.

Updated //
Sept. 2, 2017, 11:26 p.m.

I will also put my opinion here mainly as a T4 healer.

When I join the match the first thing I check is how many corvettes are there just to know what I'm up against. That being said: Corvettes are fine. Yes, maybe a little fine tuning in speed or damage, but there is nothing gamebreaking about the corvettes whatsoever.

As soon as I hear that the missiles are coming in or something is shooting me from a weird angle, I put my shields up, kick the generator in, maybe throw a nuclear mine. Sometimes I manage to survive, if there is a really good T4 corvette (drain missiles) in most cases I don´t. But they are not gamebreaking, it's just that as a healer the destroyers and dreadnoughts should help to protect you in this case.

And yes, if there are no corvettes in the enemy team that means I can relax much more. If there are, I have to pay much more attention, manage my energy better, look for my positioning.

If corvettes would really be so OP, why do I usually see only 1 or 2 in the enemy team, sometimes not even one? I had games against 3 corvettes (2 T4) that I thought in the beginning "oh my..." and then the team worked together, fighting them of most of the time as they were approaching.

I think as long as in the same forum people are complaining that corvettes are OP and that healing is too strong at the same time, the balance is just fine.

Oct. 25, 2017, 11:57 p.m.

I have been playing for a short time but will agree vettes seem broken at times. I only have level 3 dread and have gotten my rear kicked in seconds flat by a little bug. We both had shields up nose to nose and his level 4 just sat there I died he did not . Slightly broken

Oct. 26, 2017, 7:53 p.m.

this game will continue to hemorrhage new players due to a single class griefing them HARD with max level corvettes still running around that have actually gotten a nice BUFF since I last gave up on this game (increased effective range). Now your flak cannons went from 90% ineffective to 100% ineffective congrats.... I just find it amazing that nearly 6 months later the most unbalanced class in the game didn't get re-balanced yet, it got buffed lol... back to uninstall

Oct. 26, 2017, 8:22 p.m.

iNNovium#7446 posted (#post-162179)

this game will continue to hemorrhage new players due to a single class griefing them HARD with max level corvettes still running around that have actually gotten a nice BUFF since I last gave up on this game (increased effective range). Now your flak cannons went from 90% ineffective to 100% ineffective congrats.... I just find it amazing that nearly 6 months later the most unbalanced class in the game didn't get re-balanced yet, it got buffed lol... back to uninstall

Good riddance. You sought out 3 corvette threads with identical topics and whine and proceed to say "uninstalling again". Please, just do so. Maybe if you took the same amount of time you use to whine, and applied it to learning how to play the game corvettes wouldn't be such a problem

Oct. 30, 2017, 5:58 p.m.

Anyone who says corvettes are currently fine is just trying to protect their advantage...period. There is nothing fine about 100 ton ship being able to sit outside the range of weapons of a 10,000 ton heavy ship and shoot it with impunity. That's not fine and so ridiculous that support for it can only come from people trying to protect an Iwin button.

Corvettes are easy mode. And after an hour made two friends of mine curse me for wasting their time downloading Dreadnought and delete the game.

Personally I had an issue with them the first few days myself. Then I decided to fly one. The many instagibs I get from outside my range to counter in large ships is made up for by a few matches flying a corvette and laughing with glee while I kill everything outside it's range to respond.

They are broken. Every counter to them is short range and outdistanced by their weaponry. Everything is easy meat when flying a corvette unless you are a complete rtard.

People try to use the rock-paper-scissors excuse to justify corvettes. "Artillery cruisers are supposed to be anti-capital ship, they should die to corvettes"

That argument is fine, and would work, except that this game is missing a counter to the corvette. In real life frigates are anti-submarine, destroyers and cruisers are anti-ship and anti-air. Corvettes in this game are our "air". And there is no counter class for them. Only weak secondary weapons that they can easily outrange.

Until corvettes have to RISK something for a kill, they are broken. Double the range of all counters. It won't unbalance anything else, and corvettes will still get their kills. They are still small, fast, manuverable, able to stealth, warp, etc, etc. But they should have to close within range of anti-corvette weapons to RISK something for their attack.

Oct. 30, 2017, 6:26 p.m.

Since the T3 buff I have been levelling my corvettes. They are very powerful in experienced hands. Not so much in the hands of a new ish player. Also you can't just expect to be able to take out a corvette in a build that's made for killing healers or Dreadnoughts. You need to bring the tools to take them out.

Such as a stasis/scramble pulse or missile, lead your shots . Call them out so your team know they are coming.

And the most important part, sont run off on your own. Stick with your team.

If you don't have a counter to a corvette on your ship it will eat you alive.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 30, 2017, 7:16 p.m.

"Until corvettes have to RISK something for a kill, they are broken"
You realize any time they do anything offensive they're risking their lives, ta? Lmao. This thread is so bogus.

Oct. 30, 2017, 7:24 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 30, 2017, 7:25 p.m.

Corvettes are not OP, no vette nerfs needed.

The community should not be afraid of the developers- The developers should be afraid of their community. carrier

^I want to believe^

https://youtu.be/z_Gd9-IfYzw

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.