FORUMS

Corvettes OP

Posted: //
Oct. 30, 2017, 7:56 p.m.

The main perception that they are op probably comes from the bad matchmaking. You have on one end someone who is new to their Tier with no modules vs someone from a higher tier with all their modules and much more experience. This happens soooooo much and you can bet your life this is where the opinion X is op is coming from. Im experiencing as a newbie in T3 - I have maxed out T4's destroying me and soaking my damage.

Oct. 30, 2017, 7:59 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 30, 2017, 8:20 p.m.

So to further that - Im lvl 8 in match with a 41-30 17-13
Enemy Team is similar 37-32-29-12-15
How effective am im in these matches?
About as much use a chocolate fire guard.

So i entered recruit on the next match - get put with some of the same people, except now im stuck in T2 vs people using IV modules and god knows what ships ( Lets just say it was horrible )
50 -31 - 45-17-ME ( Lvl 8 ) Vs
34-13-13-48-28
Everyone else is in higher tier ships ( 3+4?? ) even though recruit should be Tier 2 max?

Oct. 30, 2017, 9:59 p.m.

Updated //
Oct. 30, 2017, 9:59 p.m.

EvangelisUk#7910 posted (#post-164328)

So to further that - Im lvl 8 in match with a 41-30 17-13
Enemy Team is similar 37-32-29-12-15
How effective am im in these matches?
About as much use a chocolate fire guard.

So i entered recruit on the next match - get put with some of the same people, except now im stuck in T2 vs people using IV modules and god knows what ships ( Lets just say it was horrible )
50 -31 - 45-17-ME ( Lvl 8 ) Vs
34-13-13-48-28
Everyone else is in higher tier ships ( 3+4?? ) even though recruit should be Tier 2 max?

Are you playing on PC or PS4? If you playing on PC, then you queued for Veteran, if on PS4, keep a T1 in your recruit fleet to stop you being pulled into veteran matches.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Oct. 31, 2017, 8 a.m.

FooJub#4039 posted (#post-164315)

"Until corvettes have to RISK something for a kill, they are broken"
You realize any time they do anything offensive they're risking their lives, ta? Lmao. This thread is so bogus.

90% of the counters listed in this thread can be completely negated by staying 1k away from the target. That's risk?

Oct. 31, 2017, 8:12 a.m.

Mostly its about knowing your class and playing it well: A very good Corvette player will seem godlike until he meets a very capable Dreadnought or Destroyer player - and then its an even match of rock paper scissors lizard spock where the best loadout wins.

I love my Jutty - but I cant defend against everything and theres a good reason for that: Loadouts are intentionally restrictive.

For example: Stasis would allow me to stop a corvette and focus fire on it - but at the expense of the beefiness that lets me head to the front line. I rarely choose stasis but OMG when I need it I regret not having it.

Until We are allowed to change our setups mid-fight we are stuck with what we went into battle with.

There have been so many times I regretted not bringing stasis into the fight (for example a particulraly nasty Corvette team or suicidal ramming destroyers). Especially when I know my team isnt really capable of dealing with said corvette or destroyer. But I know I would regret not bringing my current setup even more.

https://i.imgur.com/0YsEdDQ.png

Oct. 31, 2017, 10:23 a.m.

mobius999#0953 posted (#post-164571)

FooJub#4039 posted (#post-164315)

"Until corvettes have to RISK something for a kill, they are broken"
You realize any time they do anything offensive they're risking their lives, ta? Lmao. This thread is so bogus.

90% of the counters listed in this thread can be completely negated by staying 1k away from the target. That's risk?

Sorry but that's just straight up wrong.

Oct. 31, 2017, 12:59 p.m.

I not would say op , but Corvette rules the game at moment mostly , all counter against them are often not help at all , and sure with a good team with some counters it can help a bit ... but thats very very rare happen.
In Onslaught you see often only corvettes , only new players try other ships and just die in seconds.
But maybe after much play and learn , it can be bit more easy to counter them .... bit still there rules the game.
BUT its still a good game , and nerf is not the answer too ... corvettes have her fans and thats good so.

Oct. 31, 2017, 1:16 p.m.

Jessica2017#3563 posted (#post-164745)

I not would say op , but Corvette rules the game at moment mostly , all counter against them are often not help at all , and sure with a good team with some counters it can help a bit ... but thats very very rare happen.
In Onslaught you see often only corvettes , only new players try other ships and just die in seconds.
But maybe after much play and learn , it can be bit more easy to counter them .... bit still there rules the game.
BUT its still a good game , and nerf is not the answer too ... corvettes have her fans and thats good so.

Did you ever encounter a vindicta? They really dominate. Really the ONLY field where corvettes shine is in recruit fleet against unaware pilots. In veteran they have to be flown very skillfully to shine, mostly they are obsolete. Hail to the bros that stay with corvettes.

Oct. 31, 2017, 1:53 p.m.

Nope , i have play some Veteran matches , Onslaught , team deathmatch , and Corvetts rules always.
Maybe you have see other way , i no say you lie .... but all matches i have do , the corvetes was top list.
So is " obsolete " not realy true for me , i happy for you thats you have such a luck and in your matches this corvetts always bad.
But i understand both sides , and yes i have see some Vindicta .... but this ships in my rounds was always last in list with low kills , but much deaths.
Anyway , i not unhappy with this game ^^ , this game is so far very stressfree , and still fun.
And the pvp players in this games much lesser toxic as in other games , in chat and so , i hope it will stay like this.

Oct. 31, 2017, 2:13 p.m.

Jessica2017#3563 posted (#post-164765)

Nope , i have play some Veteran matches , Onslaught , team deathmatch , and Corvetts rules always.
Maybe you have see other way , i no say you lie .... but all matches i have do , the corvetes was top list.
So is " obsolete " not realy true for me , i happy for you thats you have such a luck and in your matches this corvetts always bad.
But i understand both sides , and yes i have see some Vindicta .... but this ships in my rounds was always last in list with low kills , but much deaths.
Anyway , i not unhappy with this game ^^ , this game is so far very stressfree , and still fun.
And the pvp players in this games much lesser toxic as in other games , in chat and so , i hope it will stay like this.

Then you've never been in a game with me playing my Jutland. Corvettes do not come top when I play, they end up being free food. Even in recruit matches I normally eat corvettes with the light art.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.