FORUMS

Corvettes OP

Posted: //
Dec. 25, 2017, 5:28 p.m.

Brother Belial#4215 posted (#post-202994) said:

I love seeing corvettes on the other team. They are normally free kills.

Until you meet a player like Karlos the great ape on veteran or legendary. He´s one of the best corvette players i know on PS4.

What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The ships of Akula Vector? No! The ships of Jupiter Arms? No! The ships of Oberon? The torpedo? The plasma broadside? No to everything!

Courage and courage alone overtake them all!

[Psyduck alias girly01]

Dec. 25, 2017, 5:56 p.m.

If you keep your eyes open, when a corvette gets close brake out the flak and watch them melt. Weapon boost pulseworks wellalaong with drain torpedo, makes them run away quicker than someone with a lottery ticket.

https://gb-live-privateassetsbucket-1359zn8x1as94.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Brother_Belial_Forum_Signature.original.original.png

i5 11600K @ 3.9GHz|32GB Corsair Vengunce RGP SL Pro 3600mHz|MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|Corsair TX 650W|Win11 Pro X64| MSI MAG Forge 100R Case|

Dreadnought Support tool | Customer Support | Rookie Helping Hand Manuel

Dec. 25, 2017, 6:04 p.m.

If you keep your eyes open, when a corvette gets close brake out the flak and watch them melt.

And if he uses a Oberon T4 & T5 Corvette then you can forget that with the flak. 360 degrees fire from a distance is quiet a thing. ^^

drain torpedo

Anti-Rocket Impulse? ;-)

What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The ships of Akula Vector? No! The ships of Jupiter Arms? No! The ships of Oberon? The torpedo? The plasma broadside? No to everything!

[Psyduck alias girly01]

Dec. 25, 2017, 9:34 p.m.

Updated //
Dec. 26, 2017, 2:16 a.m.

Oh deary me. Oh deary deary me. Is it "Corvettes are OP" month again? I thought December was the "Nerf tacs!!!111eleventeen" whine event, and "Corvettes are OP" doesn't come again until January. Or was the "Nerf tacs!!!111eleventeen" event only until Xmas?

Dec. 27, 2017, 3:45 a.m.

I don´t have a problem with the corvettes ;-) The best tactic against corvettes is a good team.

[Psyduck alias girly01]

April 5, 2018, 11:34 p.m.

As everyone else is saying, you need to do a series of things to avoid getting insta-killed. Corvettes are the shotguns of Dreadnought, and you have to treat them as such. As with every other game there are only two things that can NORMALLY one shot you, snipers and shotguns. Dreadnought has both. How do you counter a sniper? Know thier position. Put shields up if you feel an attack is coming. Don't tunnel vision into one target that's when they'll strike. Corvettes have the same mindset. If you don't know where they are it'll sneak up on you when you're busy and weak and it'll be over. Just like shotguns. If you know one is close and you see or know it's coming throw up your shields and pray your team is also watching and it'll fall like the frail thing it is. Just like shotguns. If you have your back turned they'll strike and wipe you out before you can react. A shotgun runner wouldn't hesitate to assasinate anyone who has their back turned. This game is an eipc capital ship warfare game but UNLIKE call of duty it isn't a run and gun, it's very strategic. For example- you'll never see a corvette (unless they are new) charge head on into the enemy team. What you will see them do is go wide and around the map where the brawl is not and sneak up on either respawing ships or ships in the backline such as snipers and medics, if you happen to be caught alone with your pants down it's all over. They do their job, sneaking up and killing as fast as possible to slip away unoticed. That's the only thing they CAN do. They can't brawl at long, medium, or even close (if you have your shields up at close) range. They can't sit on the backlines and heal or send missles over cover. They can't tank damage. They can offer a little support (like destroyers) but they are to frail to do anything and will most likely be targeted. The only thing they are good at is out manuvering and out thinking so they can get close and get that shotgunning damage. If you don't want to die then don't let them do their role. Have both flanks covered, keep your eyes open, always save energy for shields, and never tunnel vision. Do those things and focus fire when you get the chance and it'll be hard for them to get close, and if they do your team SHOULD (in theroy) be there to back you up. At least a good team should.

What is humanity's strongest resource? Alien tech? Foreign materials on distant worlds? Knowledge? The evasive answer is simple.

Time.

April 6, 2018, 5:08 a.m.

Most of the players on the corvettes are weak enough, but if the modules and briefings are correctly selected, no one has a chance, the DPS is huge and such a player is easily able to disassemble any ship, even standing in one place, regardless of anything, and such a battle will be lasts no more than 10 seconds. So yes - something in the corvettes must be changed very much.

description

April 6, 2018, 5:39 a.m.

Transhuman Necromancers are at it again!

April 6, 2018, 11:49 a.m.

RoiL#9923 posted (#post-216846) said:

Most of the players on the corvettes are weak enough, but if the modules and briefings are correctly selected, no one has a chance, the DPS is huge and such a player is easily able to disassemble any ship, even standing in one place, regardless of anything, and such a battle will be lasts no more than 10 seconds. So yes - something in the corvettes must be changed very much.

That's just blatantly not true. I play with some of the best if not the best corvette players in the game, and even they fall quickly to people who know wtf they're doing.

April 6, 2018, 1:36 p.m.

Updated //
April 6, 2018, 1:37 p.m.

Sorry Killswitch, you just need more experience in the game. Vettes are definitely NOT op, and I dont even fly them.

Tonnes of hard counters (purge, stasis, mines, blast pulse)

Tonnes of soft counters (flechette, light missiles, Harwich/Palos, Lockdown, ABP, Armor Amp, Evasive Maneuver)

Can't even remember the last time I died to one in my Jutland. Eventually you will learn to always be on the lookout for vettes in the back of your mind. Press TAB every once in awhile in a match to see if the enemy team even has vettes.

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.