FORUMS

Corvettes OP

Posted: //
May 1, 2016, 12:21 p.m.

Corvettes are balanced. End of Story.
The only thing that has to be said on these "waaah things are OP Threads" is: Git Gud.

If you're dying in 10 seconds. You're do something wrong. End of story.

'Member when SixFoot tried to justify making Dreadnought P2W? I Do! No seriously I 'member! Also 'member "The Article"? I 'member!
SixFoot, a very accurate company name. They only bury their games Six Feet under.

May 1, 2016, 8:20 p.m.

This isn't like WoT or WoWs or any of those tiered games, You are mainly facing people and equipment.

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed.

May 1, 2016, 8:42 p.m.

IroncladLion#8958 posted (#post-27381)

1. Look out for Corvettes and spot them for your team with F

Hey, thanks for this. I had no idea you could do that.

"I cried when I was born and every day shows why."

May 1, 2016, 8:47 p.m.

I think that people say Corvettes are OP right now because they haven't found good countermeasures and the game is so fresh they didn't have a chance to adapt yet.
Once this becomes the case, Corvette players will come here asking for buff seeing how their ship is easily outmatched with the right tools.
Same is probably true with the "healing OP" argument...

Sad Pandas PvP
https://www.youtube.com/DrakeSadPandas

May 1, 2016, 9:02 p.m.

Apex#7316 posted (#post-27699)

Totaly with that. Some pll call then for supprot, using warp jump across the map ... to funny.
Play a first person shooter if you want to fire, without your brain smile

Actually FPS games have the same tiers of players. The ones that use their brain and support their team mates do better.

"I cried when I was born and every day shows why."

May 1, 2016, 11:12 p.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 11:13 p.m.

Drake#4946 posted (#post-28172)

I think that people say Corvettes are OP right now because they haven't found good countermeasures and the game is so fresh they didn't have a chance to adapt yet.
Once this becomes the case, Corvette players will come here asking for buff seeing how their ship is easily outmatched with the right tools.
Same is probably true with the "healing OP" argument...

But there are counter measures for the corvettes, you got tractor beams, stasis beams, FLAK turrets both light an heavy, fighters, nuclear torpedoes (if you want to risk blowing yourself up as well), proximity mines, torpedo salvos, stasis missiles, stasis pods, scrambler missiles, scrambler pulses, need I go on? There are literally tons of corvette countermeasures and tons of ways you can use other moduels to defeat/ deter corvettes, but the most important one is situational awareness.

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed.

May 1, 2016, 11:52 p.m.

Updated //
May 1, 2016, 11:54 p.m.

My first inclination was to think this too. If a lot of people get the same feeling, maybe there's something worth investigating instead of outright dismissal.

There are things you can do to mitigate the corvette problem. I like to keep close to tesla pods and keep a finger over #3 (the Big Boom), that usually takes them down or at least nets me a posthumous kill from the tesla pod or a teammate noticing I died under mysterious circumstances. I chalk it up to me being a squishy tech cruiser, but seems like the team with more corvettes wins TDM more often than not.

May 2, 2016, 12:05 a.m.

Splaticus#0463 posted (#post-28238)

My first inclination was to think this too. If a lot of people get the same feeling, maybe there's something worth investigating instead of outright dismissal.

There are things you can do to mitigate the corvette problem. I like to keep close to tesla pods and keep a finger over #3 (the Big Boom), that usually takes them down or at least nets me a posthumous kill from the tesla pod or a teammate noticing I died under mysterious circumstances. I chalk it up to me being a squishy tech cruiser, but seems like the team with more corvettes wins TDM more often than not.

Yea, about that, I've noticed they seem to loose more cause they have no heavy hitters to keep the other teams fire focused.

May 2, 2016, 12:10 a.m.

Three corvettes seems to be the sweet spot.

Doesn't leave a lot of room for varied play though.

May 2, 2016, 12:11 a.m.

I farm Corvettes in my Aion for team victories. Often they get the point and quit to play some other kind of ship...

This forum is restricted, posts cannot be made.